Upgrade 11 on OS 3.2D-2

I will begin upgrading to Sql Server Version 11.0.3 very soon. I have
heard that there are problems with running 11 on a Unix 3.2D-2 operating
system. Has anyone upgraded in this environment and did they experience
any problems?
0
Sherri
10/16/1997 1:58:42 PM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Sherri,

What exactly is a Unix 3.2D-2 operating system?  SCO Unix?

Sherri Smith wrote in message <34461D92.2F2F@ansys.com>...
>I will begin upgrading to Sql Server Version 11.0.3 very soon. I have
>heard that there are problems with running 11 on a Unix 3.2D-2 operating
>system. Has anyone upgraded in this environment and did they experience
>any problems?

0
Jason
--------------C4BE42203F05DDB86FE0D40A

It is, probably, Digital Unix 3.2d.

Antonio

--
Antonio Dell'elce
EMail: neaya@yahoo.com

begin:vcard
n:Dell'elce;Antonio
tel;cell:+39 0347 6761377
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:MySelf Inc
adr:;;;Rome;;;Italy
version:2.1
email;internet:uh886@victoria.tc.ca
title:Unix Admin/Programmer
note;quoted-printable:Yep!=0D=0A
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Antonio D
end:vcard

--------------C4BE42203F05DDB86FE0D40A--

0
Antonio

Anyone running NetWare 3.12/3.2 in production? Or 4.11/4.2? NT 3.51? OS/2 Warp 3.0?
Just curious to see who's using something that is really old... On 12/1/10 9:16 AM, Mike M wrote: > Just curious to see who's using something that is really old... I remember wanting to buy OS/2 back in the days of Windows 3.1 and even 95, but I just couldn't afford it. :P -- http://www.thecrankyitguy.com http://www.thecrankyitforum.com I still support a couple 4.11 servers, if you can call never having to do anything to them "support". They just keep running and running and running and running. -Bob Carroll "Mike M" <nospam@nosp...

Error after upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.3
We have upgraded our production Sybase servers to 11.9.2 from 11.0.3.3 last weekend and we applied ebf9160 All went well except for an error in the errorlog as follows NT operating system error 2 in module 'e:\rel1192\porttree\svr\sql\generic\ksource\strmio\n_winsock.c' at line 3481: The system cannot find the file specified. kernel nl__connect: Could not connect to site 'VUA_S2002_XP', socket 1. This error did not occur when we tested the upgrade on our test servers. There appears to be no problems with the overall install, everything works fine - except for t...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to ASE 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5 and LTMs
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ASE 11.5+ has RepAgent built in as internal server threads (which has nothing to do with OpenServer). When upgrading, keep the LTM's and upgrade to RS 11.5 / ...

upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 upgrade on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.2 to ASE 11.9.2
I've seen different postings claiming that 11.0.3 can directly upgrade to 11.9.2. However, the release bulletin for Sybase ASE 11.9.2 (Doc ID = 72410-01-1192-02) says that "You can upgrade 11.9.2 only from 10.0.2.7, 11.0.3.3, 11.5 and later). We are currently using 11.0.3.2. Does it mean that I will have to upgrade our server to 11.0.3.3 (from 11.0.3.2) before I can migrate to ASE 11.9.2? I will appreciate if someone clarify this. Thanks. CGS tcgs@hotmail.com CGS wrote: > > I've seen different postings claiming that 11.0.3 can directly upgrade...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.1
Hello ASE guru, We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the sybsystemprocs database was extended by 2 MB on master device. (before upgrade size was 120 MB and after upgrade the size is 122MB) Is this a normal behavior of upgrade? any harm in leaving 2 MB on master device? Will upgrade fail if there is no room for this 2 MB on master device? Thanks for your help. kp wrote: > We just did a ASE upgrade to 11.9.2.1 from 11.0.3.3 and noticed that the You'd want to get the latest EBF and get it up to 11.9.2.3. > sybsystemprocs da...

Upgrading from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on Linux
Hi, I've downloaded the 11.9.2 Linux versino of Sybase and want to upgrade an existing installation from 11.0.3.3 to this more up to date version. The documentation refers to an executable on the cd called sybsetup, however, I've downloaded the rpm files off the web and don't have a sybsetup executable. When I try to install the rpm for 11.9.2 it tells me that there is already an earlier version of Sybase installed. Can anyone tell me how to get around this! >rpm -ivh sybase-ase-11.9.2-3.i386.rpm error: failed dependencies: sybase-ase < 11.9.2 conflicts ...

upgrade ASE from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on AIX
Hi, We are planning to upgrade our SQL Server 11.0.3.3 servers to ASE 11.9.2. We have 6 production servers on one UNIX box and (almost) corresponding test servers on another UNIX box. We have little new development, so we should have enough time to test things out first on the TEST platform. I am trying to decide between upgrading the servers in place or doing new installs and migrating the data over to the new servers. The upgrades in place would be a lot easier on me and the UNIX support people, but I am not sure how much more difficult fallback would be. If we needed to fall...

Opinions needed for Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2
I will soon be upgrading out 11.0.3.3(NT) db to 11.9.2(NT). Our SQL servers support a powerbuilder 6.5 application which uses Open Client 10.0.4 Upon installing 11.9.2 will i also need to upgrade open client on each client machine. Or will 10.0.4 still be usable? Having 120 (win2000) machines to upgrade has anyone had success pushing them out thru SMS(which our Central IT dept manages). I am hoping to avoid purchasing any additional software to do this. All suggestions are appreciated! (note that hotmail.mom needs to be hotmail.com if replying via email) In article <5...

Performance degrades: 11.0.3.3 upgraded to 11.9.2
We recently upgraded a test server from ASE 11.0.3 on HP-UX 10.20 to ASE 11.9.2 on HP-UX 11.0. We have a query that runs in 15 min in production (11.0.3) an 60 minutes in test (11.9.2). Another query runs for 20 min in production and has yet to finish in test (11.9.2). We did update all statistics on the tables and have recompiled the stored procedures. Any help, advice or comments would be greatly appreciated. Georgette M. Geotsi DaimlerChrysler Capital Services GGeotsi@DCXCapital.com GGeotsi@dcxcapital.com wrote: > > We recently upgraded a test server from ASE ...

error after upgrading Bugzilla from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3
Hi, I have two Windows Server 2003 machines running Bugzilla 3.2.2 + Testopia 2.2, one is production and the other is for test, both have same configuration. I tried to upgrade it with patch file bugzilla-3.2.2-to-3.2.3.diff.gz, and my steps are: 1) Shut down your Bugzilla installation by putting some HTML or text in the shutdownhtml parameter 2) untar the .diff file and use unix2dos.exe to replace Unix line feed characters with Windows carriage returns 3) run the command: path -p1 < bugzilla-3.2.2-to-3.2.3.diff 4) run the command: perl checksetup.pl 5) remove the text of shut...

Bugzilla upgrade from ver 3.2 to 3.2.2 (tarball upgrade issue)
Dear Sir, I read upgrade guide (http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.2/en/html/upgrade.html#upgrade-tarball) and do upgrade with tarball(from ver 3.2 to 3.2.2) I followed steps in this guide: [daniel@palfocus www]$ tar -zxvf bugzilla-3.2.2.tar.gz bugzilla-3.2.2/ bugzilla-3.2.2/CVS/ bugzilla-3.2.2/CVS/Root bugzilla-3.2.2/CVS/Repository ........ [daniel@palfocus www]$ cd bugzilla-3.2.2 [daniel@palfocus bugzilla-3.2.2]$ cp ../bugzilla/localconfig* . [daniel@palfocus bugzilla-3.2.2]$ cp -r ../bugzilla/data . [daniel@palfocus bugzilla-3.2.2]$ cd .. [daniel@palfocus www]$ mv bugzilla bug...

Web resources about - Upgrade 11 on OS 3.2D-2 - sybase.sqlserver.unix

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...

President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

How to Upgrade your MacBook PRO to a SSD (Solid State Hard Drive) - YouTube
Follow me on twitter : http://twitter.com/sakitechonline Follow me on facebook: http://goo.gl/R95Pq Website: http://www.sakitechonline.com Create ...