Sybase System 11 Using HP External Mass Storage HASS vs AUTORAID Disk Array

We are purchasing a new HP D-Class Server D270/2 with 2 processors. We
are trying to decide which external mass storage device to buy. We are
trying to choose between the High Availabilty Storage System (HASS) and
The new AutoRAID Disk Array with Autoraid technology.  If are any Sybase
System 11 users out there taht are using either, please let me know
these devices are for performance.  If you have the AutoRaid Array,
please indicate what issues if any that you had to face....thanks
alot...
0
Terry
10/24/1997 9:23:15 PM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Confusion on @array vs $array[] vs $array
--=_FCA3CF00.8EEF86D1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hello: I have been fairly confused on the intermixing of array naming standards. If I understand correctly, the @array syntaxt is used to refer to the whole array, while $array[n] is refered to specific elements. In my thinking, it would have been less confusing to use @array[n] to address specific elements, but Perl complaines bitterly when warnings &/or strict is enabled. Is the rational for the "$"array[] character for identifying ...

Installing SUSE 11.4 64 bit on External Hard Disk to Replace 11.2 64 bit on Internal Hard Disk
I have a Dell Dimension C521 (AMD AthlonX2) with a 160 GB internal HDD and 3 GB RAM. The system has dual iboot for Windows Vista Home Premium and SUSE 11.2 64 bit. Recently I added an external Hard Disk (Seagate GoFlex ITB capacity). I wish to uninstall the 11.2 and install 11.4 on the external drive. There are additional instructions for installing 11.4 on an external disk. a) Will it be possible to uninstall the 11.2 as 11.4 is being installed, leaving the space on the internal disk free for re-allocation to Windows, b) Or should I first uninstall 11.2 repair the Windows ...

Upgrade System 10 -----> System 11 on UNIX
I need to upgrade from 10 to 11 on UNIX. Is there a standard procedure or any help would be apppreciated. Any idea How long it takes. Thanks Nasir nmajeed@prosx.com ...

DEC Unix 11.5.1 vs 11.9.3
The "Executive Summary" is that we have been on the verge of converting from an 11.0.2 installation to an 11.5.1 on a new DEC4100-4 for some months but problems keep dragging the schedule out. It seems now that the problems are about solved and that implementation will occur soon. But now, 11.9.3 is available and support for 11.5.1 ends June 2000 (or so I have been told) so the question is: do we upgrade to 11.9.3 and postpone the implementation one more time in order to re-test all the application components? We found several application issues with going from 11.0.2 to ...

After installing 11.4 on external hard disk, no booting from primary disk
Hello, I have a laptop, with Suse 11.4 installed and Windows 7, on hda. Now I got an external hard drive (hdc), and I installed also Suse 11.4 there (hdc1 - hdc3); there was an initial question about it: 'How can I install a new *independent* Suse 11.4 on a second hard disk? (swap problem) - Page 2' (http://tinyurl.com/3aw2fcb) but that is likely no longer relevant. The installation process installed the boot-loader on hda. So well, seemed necessary to me (though I would have preferred not to mess at all with hda; see below for further comments). Summarising the boot...

locking privileges required for using large text pages...on hp 11.11
Hi I found this message on log of my machine: Sep 7 11:35:58 fshhp03 vmunix: Sep 7 11:35:58 fshhp03 vmunix: process pid == 1446 does not have memory Sep 7 11:35:58 fshhp03 vmunix: locking privileges required for using Sep 7 11:35:58 fshhp03 vmunix: large text pages in this system version Sep 7 11:35:58 fshhp03 vmunix: see setprivgrp(1m) and I found this link http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10439790 on sybase site to fix this problem. But my problem is after apply all steps of sybase workaround, I can't start the sybase server in c shell. The...

problem mounting hp p2000G nas storage in suse 11 sp1 on hp
Hi, try using partitioner to create a partition and format with ext3, then select a mount point, everything seem to work perfectly. but after i restart the nas storage, the mount point disappear and the server cannot see the dev/sda which was originally the nas storage. anyone can enlighten me? thanks alot -- hchoonbeng ------------------------------------------------------------------------ hchoonbeng, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem be...

Migrate 12.0 from HP K460 to HP N4000, raw to Unix file system
I'm fairly new to Sybase (other than maintining an existing system) and I need to move Sybase ASE 12.0 off our 32bit (HP-UX 11.0) HP K460 system to an newer HP N4000 system running (HP-UX 11i) 64bit and I'm also supposed to move from raw filesystems to UNIX filesystems. I have a nightly backup of the master and user database and hope to use the Dump and Load database features of Sybase and/or the bcp feature but I'm not sure which is best. And I'm not sure how I go about getting the raw filesystems to standard UNIX filesystems, do I just create the filesystems master, ...

external usb disk shows disk, disk-1, disk-2, disk-3, disk-4
Hello all, I am new to linux. I am running openSUSE 11.1 (i586) and I have a maxtor external usb drive attached. I used the backup utility in suse to create a backup job that would copy files to my external hard drive. The problem is that when I disconnect the usb drive or reboot the machine sometimes the drive shows up as a different name. e.g. It first showed up as disk, then disk-1, then disk-2, then disk-3, and now disk-4. This is a problem because the backup utility doesn't know that the drive name changed. I had to update the back-up software to say to write to dr...

Installing DBD-Oracle in Perl 5.8.5 on an HP-UX 11.11 system
------_=_NextPart_001_01C4B13B.4AA3D795 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am sinking like the Titanic trying to install this module. I have RTFM'd till my head spins and still fail. Any help appreciated. Let me know what information to provide if needed. Thanks, Roy Brown ------_=_NextPart_001_01C4B13B.4AA3D795-- Hi Roy: I was in a similar place recently. Are you using the Perl distro from HP or perl.org? I was using the HP version (pre-compiled, and all ready to install) and I had absolutely no...

Very basic que
My question is do we use some external tool for unit testing like NUnit or do we use System.Diagnostic namespace we have assertions built in the .NET like Debug.Assert so why do we need to use NUnit . can anybody explain me what all Debug.Assert can do and also I would also like to know what is  SqlTraceListener() can we user this to write to a log some errors. What are TraceListners in general? Thanks. Hi, Trace Listeners collect message and store them into an opropriate target, such as log, window, or text file. And it's also Testing for Performance Good luck!Please give ...

Mass E-Mail System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Insufficient system storage. The server response was: Too many recipients"
hi ,             i am develop a email project in asp.net with vb.net i have client email id in a table having more than 1000 email ids in my project i fetch all the mail id and using for loop i send email to all the eamil id but only 150  email was sent and i got one error "System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Insufficient system storage. The server response was: Too many recipients" any body help to solve this bug please.......... Please post your code and we'll see what we can find.&...

DBD::Oracle 1.12 vs HP-UX 11.11 on L-Class with Oracle 8.1.7.3
My appologies if my client threw in too many line breaks. Perl 5.6.1 on HP-UX 11.11 with DBI 1.2, Oracle 8.1.7.3 in /opt/local/appdev/software/oracle/product/8.1.7, ANSI C compiler. When doing a make test during install, I get this: Running make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib - I/usr/ulairi_perl/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC2.0 -I/usr/ulairi_perl/lib/5.6.1 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t t/base............../usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /hpx/work/ee/8.1.7.3/hpx32/src_1221/li...

DBD::Oracle 1.12 vs HP-UX 11.11 on L-Class with Oracle 8.1.7.3 (pt2)
[346]$ perl -V Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 1) configuration: Platform: osname=hpux, osvers=11.11, archname=PA-RISC2.0 uname='hp-ux sulley b.11.11 u 9000889 1428622331 unlimited-user license ' config_args='-Ubincompat5005 -Dprefix=/usr/ulairi_perl -d' hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef usemultiplicity=undef useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef Compiler: ...

Using external Unix commands
I cant use Telnet or Sockets because the modules are not loaded on. I want to automate telnets to a list of ips. It looks like this is running but I am not prompted for a login and password until after I interupt the script. How can I get the prompts sent to the display then return to the perl program when the telnet session is terminated. $tel = qx(telnet $ARGV[0]); print STDOUT $tel; __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com ...

Web resources about - Sybase System 11 Using HP External Mass Storage HASS vs AUTORAID Disk Array - sybase.sqlserver.unix

Externals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of the Externals were originally portrayed as immortal and important, playing an extremely major role in the future and Apocalypse 's rise ...

Vatican orders external audit of assets - AdelaideNow Search Search
THE Vatican has ordered the first external audit of its assets as part of a drive by Pope Francis to bring transparency to its finances where ...

Vatican orders external audit of assets
The Vatican has ordered the first external audit of its assets as part of a drive by Pope Francis to bring transparency to its finances, where ...

Vatican orders external audit of assets
THE Vatican has ordered the first external audit of its assets as part of a drive by Pope Francis to bring transparency to its finances where ...

Sad decline of West Indies cricket can't be arrested without external help
The great West Indian cricket dynasty of the mid-1970s to the mid-1990s produced some of the finest cricketers of the 20th century.

Russian plane crash: 'External' factors to blame for downing of jet over Sinai, airline Kogalymavia says ...
Russian airline Kogalymavia says external factors are to blame in the downing of one of its aircraft over Egypt.

How-To: Setup Photos and iCloud Photo Library with external storage + Time Machine backups
... photo library either, but Photos on OS X lets move your Photos library from the default Photos folder to cheaper and higher capacity external ...

Review: Mophie Juice Pack Reserve for iPhone 6/6s & Power Reserve 1X external battery
Battery maker Mophie's latest portable charging accessories are compact, convenient and durable, making them an easy recommendation for anyone ...

CleanMyDrive 2 for Mac makes cleaning external drives as easy as one click
... OS X 10.10 or later. It’s a free tool designed to help users monitor their hard drives and quickly clean unspecified junk files from external ...

Get a 1TB external hard drive with 200GB of cloud storage for just $50
... deals you missed on Black Friday continue for a full week so you get another chance to take advantage. If you were on the hunt for some external ...