problems with ct_connect

Hi,
I have written a C++ program in NT using Sybase's OpenClient CT library.
This program is written as a NT service which writes some data in the
Sybase SQL Server running on a HP Box. I am using ct_connect to connect
to Sybase. I am having a weird problem with this call. Once in blue moon
this call fails with a message

Clinet Message Number: LAYER = 1, ORIGIN = 2
SEVERITY =2, NUMBER = 63 Message String: ct_connect(): user api layer:
internal client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.

When a ct_connect fails I have Client Call Back Message function, inside
which I print the above message. So when this failure occurs, the code
executes the client call back message function and then the entire
program crashes. This means my service crashes.
After this call back message function, the code should suppose to go and
try once more to ct_connect. But it is not going there.

To prove there is nothing wrong on the client call back message
function, I have just gave an incorrect server name. The client call
back function prints the error message and then goes to the call stack
where they left and executes the remaining code.

Since this error is very hard to reproduce, I could not give any more
details. Do any of you faced this problem before.

Any pointers appreciated. Please respond to
Ramamoorthy.Dharani@mayo.edu.

Thanks,
Dharani

P.S If this question does not belong here could someone point me to the
right forum

0
Dharani
9/25/1997 1:24:05 PM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi,
please gave me you script
ma

Dharani Ramamoorthy wrote:

> Hi,
> I have written a C++ program in NT using Sybase's OpenClient CT library.
> This program is written as a NT service which writes some data in the
> Sybase SQL Server running on a HP Box. I am using ct_connect to connect
> to Sybase. I am having a weird problem with this call. Once in blue moon
> this call fails with a message
>
> Clinet Message Number: LAYER = 1, ORIGIN = 2
> SEVERITY =2, NUMBER = 63 Message String: ct_connect(): user api layer:
> internal client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
>
> When a ct_connect fails I have Client Call Back Message function, inside
> which I print the above message. So when this failure occurs, the code
> executes the client call back message function and then the entire
> program crashes. This means my service crashes.
> After this call back message function, the code should suppose to go and
> try once more to ct_connect. But it is not going there.
>
> To prove there is nothing wrong on the client call back message
> function, I have just gave an incorrect server name. The client call
> back function prints the error message and then goes to the call stack
> where they left and executes the remaining code.
>
> Since this error is very hard to reproduce, I could not give any more
> details. Do any of you faced this problem before.
>
> Any pointers appreciated. Please respond to
> Ramamoorthy.Dharani@mayo.edu.
>
> Thanks,
> Dharani
>
> P.S If this question does not belong here could someone point me to the
> right forum

0
mayb

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: I use FF all the time for work - I'm a software tester - the add-ons are invaluable. But v3.5 really has been a disappointment. It just keeps hanging all the time. And when Internet Explorer windows pop up, FF often just dies. It can't even restart itself - I have to manually kill the process every time; every update, every add-on that updates, "restart" fails - it's so frustrating. I hope v3.6 will be addressing this - PLEASE! Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7....

Problems, problems, problems
Name: Hans Halvorsen Email: capricorn_at_online.no Product: Thunderbird Summary: Problems, problems, problems Comments: Hi, I downloaded Thunderbird some time ago, and I was over-satisfied whit it and how well it worked. In fact it worked 100% PERFECTLY UNTIL I got an newer update version of it. Since then I' ve had nothing BUT trouble! I've checked adresses, notes, password, deleted accounts and made new one's, checked sign-ins and sign-outs, passwords inside and out, upside and down, so many times that my frustration now is about to turn into pure and major ...

Problems Problems Problems
So, I have OpenSUSE installed on my laptop and everything is working well, except the wireless. It almost seems that every time I run a KDE distro I can not get the internet to work. I've run YaST and used iwconfig. nothing is working for me. Please help -ZAD -- zadnik18 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ someone is going to tell you to supply some more information 'My wireless doesn't work - a primer on what I should do next - openSUSE Forums' (http://tinyurl.com/6peanc) this is one of the stick...

PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS.
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS, PROBLEMS. Comments: Does Google's Chrome browser block out Firefox? Am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to run after I run Chrome. No trouble what-so- ever before running Chrome. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.1.249.1064 Safari/532.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see ...

Problems problems and problems.
Name: A.A. Product: Firefox Summary: Problems problems and problems. Comments: I am not specific, but in short I can not use This site to listen music anymore, while I can in IE explorer. Just to let you guys know, new version messed something up. http://hypem.com/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.5) Gecko/2008120122 Firefox/3.0.5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

problems,problems
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: problems,problems Comments: I once loved Firefox, lately it just plain sucks, the latest version 3.6 something will no longer me to listen to MLB.com or Glenn Beck. It is also way slower (even with W7 and new machine). It always seems to be downloading updates and wasting my time. Guess I'll see how Google Chrome works! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.11) Gecko/20100701 Firefox/3.5.11 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a ...

problem? what problem?
I just wanted to say is: Opensuse 11.2 gives many problems in comparison to other linux and possibly other previous opensuse. lol!lol!lol! I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to move it, move it. I like to...MOVE IT! rotfl! -- batou ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Crack is bad for you, you should lay down the habit. -- *it*'s all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed, all in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need and more than ever, I hope to neve...

Problem with my problem?
Hi, folks. Three days ago, I posted that Sunbird was refusing to import the ICS file from the Firefox Calendar Extension. Nobody replied, so I can only assume that one of three situations exists: 1) The file is corrupt, and no one wants to give me the bad news; 2) This is a known problem with Sunbird, but no one knows the solution; 3) Everyone is hard at work 24/7 trying to figure out the solution to my problem (LOL). I've already discovered that I can copy and paste each event from the calendar extension to Sunbird one by one. Before I devote many hours of my life to th...

Problems Problems
Hi all,Well i am trying to use visio files in my application... I have added the libraries which are required for .NET to embed visio files...Bt it seems not to be working whenever i click files frm my .NET application bt it opens in Visio editor...Thanks in advance Regards,Srinivas RamanujanWords offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth !!!!!  Post Your Code for better understanding Your Problem.- Hardik (Software Developer,Surat,India)Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on this post if it helped you. Well actually i...

Problem after problem...
I'm done doing this. I can't setup .TEXT and the developer has next to nothing on his help page. For the past month I've been trying to set this up on my server and I'm done with it. My server is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1, IIS 6.0, ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2000. I've never been able to run a remote query to SQL Server 2000. I've never been used to SQL 2000 and I've never liked it. I would like to use SQL 2005 if my server were capable, but that's not happening. Every query to the box is expecting SQL Server 2005 and just errors out. I don't know ho...

problems, problems
Name: gabriel sanchez Email: deliverezeatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problems, problems Comments: how can i set up google search box next to my address bar and keep it that way? When installing an app from a site it just disrupted my set up and mozilla does not offer direct support anywhere Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3 GTB5 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide...

Sqlserver problem
I downloaded the store site and tired to set this up. It tells me i do not have sql server running. But I do. Do I have to set permissions? If so. Where would I go to configure this? Thanks. Would you explain more , ....BANDAR After I run the EXE I downloaded I get this screen(below) There are two more configuration steps to complete the installation of the IBuySpy Store sample: Install the SQL Server Database Install the IBuySpy Store Web Please note before proceding: To create the database you will need administrator privileges for the local SQL Server (or MSDE)....

ct_connect problem
I have a problem with second ct_connect call. I'm using Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 I have module with code like int foo(){ CS_CONTEXT *context; CS_CONNECTION *connection; CS_RETCODE retcode; retcode = ex_init(&context); if (retcode != CS_SUCCEED) { printf("ex_init failed\n"); return -1; } retcode = ex_connect(context, &connection, NULL,(CS_CHAR *)"user", (CS_CHAR *)"pwd", NULL); if (connection != NULL) retcode = ex_con_cleanup(connection, retcode); if (context != NULL) retcode = ex_ctx_cleanup(context, retcode); retu...

SqlServer problems
Hello.I'm new in this kind of problems.So....I need a lot of help. I have a problem ofcourse: I try to connect to sql server from an ASP.NET application and I'm trying to put the dates in a grid.But,when I'm trying to view the page with the extension .aspx in browser I don't see anything.The grid does not appears and either no error.Appears simply the page without a grid in it. If you have an idea,any idea,please help me!!!as soon as possible! Thank you verry much!! Is ASP.NET installed? If so, is it registered with IIS? If not then register it with aspnet_regiis.exe -iSonu Kap...

Web resources about - problems with ct_connect - sybase.sqlserver.unix