Documentation on Kerberos Authentication?

Sorry if this is in a FAQ, but can someone point me to Sybase (or other)
documentation on using Kerberos security to control access to SQL Server
databases? It appears possible, but the documentation I have is
extremely thin.

Thanks,

Jonathan Wilner
jonathan.wilner@eng.delgroup.com

0
Jonathan
10/28/1997 4:32:13 PM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jonathan Wilner wrote:

> Sorry if this is in a FAQ, but can someone point me to Sybase (or other)
> documentation on using Kerberos security to control access to SQL Server
> databases? It appears possible, but the documentation I have is
> extremely thin.

The documentation does see, very thin at the moment.  The only
mention I see of it is in Chapter 6 of the "Managing and Monitoring
Sybase Adaptive Server" book, page 6-9.
0
Bret

NAM SP1 / Kerberos -authenticating from workstation not capable of Kerberos
Hi, Another question about kerberos... While putting Kerberos contract to proxies - capability to authenticate from workstation not belonging to domain breaks - browser says This Request requires HTTP authentication - Any Idea - how to get around? V-M first trial was made with Firefox... IE brings two IE Browser Login dialogs: to Identity server DNS name and to /nidp After typing in user name and password two times - logged in.. But that is not how I would ti behave.. V-M Solution was to put Access Manager proxy site and IDS server urls to trusted sites in bro...

Kerberos Authentication?
Hi, I'm writing some corporate web apps and must authenticate the user with Kerberos (not NTLM). IE supports this, but I don't know about Mozilla. -- Gerry Hickman (London UK) /Gerry Hickman/ said: > Hi, > > I'm writing some corporate web apps and must authenticate the user with > Kerberos (not NTLM). > > IE supports this, but I don't know about Mozilla. Anything of interest here? http://negotiateauth.mozdev.org/ ...

What is Authentication and What Do I Have to Do to Authenticate?
I have browsed through a lot of articles about form authentication with LDAP coding in ASP.NET, and they all seem having a bunch of codes and doing a lot of checking, for example, check to see if "cn=username", check the groupof property to get the group.  Why do we have to do that?  Isn't it enough to just instantiate a DirectoryEntry by passing the ldapPath and login credential?...

Kerberos authentication
Is it possible to set up Bordermanger so it will accept credentials for a Kerberos session? Since you can use Kerberos authentication within Mac OSX, if BMgr could use those credentials, you'd have the equivalent of Single-Sign On for Mac clients. Thanks. --> John -- John Endahl, District Network Administrator Williamston Community Schools I don't think you can do that with any current version of BMgr, unless kerberos is included as one of the NMAS methods. If so, you may be able to do something with BMgr 3.8 authentication. Craig Johnson Novell Support Connec...

Kerberos authentication
Hi, I have a linux based MIT Kerberos box and ASP.NET web application. Users from web application enter login/password. I need to validate those against Kerberos server. Has anybody done something similar or has an idea how to accomplish this? Selfanswered question -> there is MIT Kerberos port on Windows and its API has check_password function....

Kerberos Authentication
Hi, I am currently testing ZCM 10.3.0a in a lab environemnt on Windows 2008 SP2 server with XP SP3 clients. I initially set up a user source to 2008 AD using username and password. This worked well but a Wireshark trace confirmed usernames and password being transimited over wire in clear text. Obviously not good. In order to resolve this issue I decided to implement kerberos as an authentication mechanism. I created the keytab file and installed as per the ZCM admin doc. All worked well but I could still see usernames and password on wireshark so I removed username and passw...

Kerberos Authentication #3
 Hi there, everywhere, I have site in URL: application.company.orgOn the IIS server object I have set SPNs "http/application.company.org".Also I have user ID e.g. serviceID, for that I have set also SPN "http/application.company.org". That service account does not have any special right on the server itself except it is on the identity tab in "Application pool".On the IIS Manager I have set "Integrated Windows Authentication".When ever I try to go to the site, I got the "Service Unavailable" message to my browser and Application Po...

Kerberos with Forms authentication
Hi, is it poosible to use both Kerberos and Forms authentication in one web application Hi Kerberos is one of Protocol for Windows authencation. So I guess you mean how to use both windows authencation and forms authencation in one web application. If so, this article might help: Mixing Forms and Windows Security in ASP.NEThttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms972958.aspxBest RegardsXiaoYong DaiMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your que...

Kerberos authentication to iManager?
Is it possible to configure Tomcat for Kerberos? I know very little about Tomcat behind the iManager... -John- -- JShe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JShe wrote: > > Is it possible to configure Tomcat for Kerberos? I know very little > about Tomcat behind the iManager... Probably not without breaking support for iManager. -- Cheers, Edward ...

kerberos authentication and bugzilla
--nextPart5257216.W9n1daz2OO Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline Hi, I'd like to use kerberos authentication (mod_auth_kerb with apache2) with=20 bugzilla. According to the docs, auth_env_email should be set to an=20 environment variable with the authenticated user's email address, and=20 suggests setting it to REMOTE_USER. In my case, I need to do some mangling= =20 to convert REMOTE_USER from a kerberos id to an email address. So, my=20 question is where can I insert a little ...

ZCM kerberos authentication
Is there anyone using kerberos authentication?? -- frigge ------------------------------------------------------------------------ frigge, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all the other self support options and support programs available. - You could also try posting your message again. Make sure...

authenticate GroupWise with Kerberos
I am wondering if it is possible to authenticate to GroupWise 6.5 with Kerberos. I have the Kerberos Method installed and able to authenticate to eDir with Kerberos. Servers are running NetWare 6.5/sp2 eDir 8.7.3IR If anyone could tell me if this is even possible or if so how. Thanks JB Jokerzt, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http:/...

Kerberos authentication issue
Dear Guys, I'm new to this kerberos setup. From the logs, it shows me "Commit Succeed" and I believe it is success. (Will post the catalina.out later) However when I try to logon from the client machine, when I browse to /nidp, it prompt for basic authentication. This should be something wrong right? Any idea on this? -- kkyen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kkyen wrote: > > Dear Guys, I'm new to this kerberos setup. From the logs, it shows me > "Commit Succeed" and I believe it is success. ...

OS authentication on UNIX
I am testing the OS authentication on UNIX. when I add a valid user to a role I keep getting "The Authorized User could not be added: userid is not a a valid OS user" message. I have different user ids and keeps gettng the same results. I am testing with EAServer 4.1.1 on Solaris 8. Thanks Are you using NIS or NIS+? Dave Wolf The Scupper Group dave@scuppergroup.com_nospam No. <Dave_Wolf> wrote in message news:40AA6968F4B5352C000C5A1985256C27.007072F185256C25@webforums... > Are you using NIS or NIS+? > > Dave Wolf > The Scupper Group >...

Web resources about - Documentation on Kerberos Authentication? - sybase.sqlserver.unix

Authentication - Facebook-Entwickler
Please note: On October 3, 2012, the offline_access permission will be removed. If you are building...

Facebook Adds Two Factor Authentication for Login and Redesigns Family Safety Center
... announced the release of several new tools to help users stay safe while using the site. Soon, users will be able to enable two factor authentication ...

YouTube - How To Hack Twitter's New Two Factor Authentication
Veröffentlicht am 23.05.2013 Connect! http://toopher.com http://facebook.com/toopherinc http://twitter.com/toopher CEO Josh Alexander wants ...

Two-factor authentication - cyber security -
Two recent hacking cases highlight how personal emails can impact overall business security through tiny weaknesses.

Two-factor authentication: double or nothing
An extra layer of security keeps hackers at bay.