ct-lirary error: network packet layer

Hi can someone help to decipher what this error means?

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library
error terminated due to disconnect

Im trying to connect to ms sql 7.0 from a linux sybase ase

any help please???
0
Anonymous
11/13/2000 1:50:43 PM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Anonymous@sybase.com wrote:

> Hi can someone help to decipher what this error means?
>
> ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library
> error terminated due to disconnect
>
> Im trying to connect to ms sql 7.0 from a linux sybase ase
>
> any help please???

	CT-Library doesn't work with MS SQL Server. MS have "fixed" it so that
	it won't work. They did release a patch later on, but I'm not sure now
	if this was related to CT-Lib or a bug fix for a DB-Lib issue.

-am
0
Anthony

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: Sun Solaris Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 john.taber@cntcorp.com I have the same thing that happens on: Server: Windown NT - Sybase 11 & Sybase 12 Client: Alpha VMS Sybase system 10 I have never been able to track down the cause. <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:1AA373CC983538CC0072CF018525695B.0072CF0E8525695B@webforums... > Has anyone seen this? > > Server: Sun Solaris > Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 > > john.taber@cntcorp.com What are your server settings for: default network packet s...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: SUn Solaris Client: Winnt 4.0 Sybase system 10 client John.taber@cntcorp.com ...

network packet layer error
I am trying to set up sybase to have one sybase application (solaris) talk to another (dec unix). I get the following error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Kathy Holland kholland1@home.com ...

Network packet layer error
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

network packet layer error
I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? mflower wrote... > I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal > net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write > data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? > It could be that your interfaces file is not set up properly. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services ...

Network Packet Layer Error
When updating a text column with this char(133) from a Visual Foxpro 6 application I receive the following error: DIAG [S1000] [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect (6) This error only occurs at one client site of mine using Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.5.1/P/HP9000-800/HP-UX 10.0/1/opt/Sun Mar 8 09:27:07 PST 1998. I am not able to recreate the error on any other platform. Thank You Phil Rogers Phil, The error is coming from the netlib layer of O...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

Network packet layer error #2
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

Cleint ERROR
Hi, I'm working on hpux 10.20 with ctlib 11.1. I have a program that receives a notification and right after it tries to retrieve a table. The retrieve fails with the following error: Client ERROR: Severity 5 number 18 Layer 5 Origin 1 Text: ct_result(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received. If I put a delay between the notification reception and the retrieve - everything works fine. Any ideas ?? ...

network packet layer error #2
hi i am using ASE 12.5.2 we are using a powerbuilder utility which reads data from a text file line by line does some front end validation and inserts into the database through a stored procedure. The size size of the text file is huge and it takes nearly 3 hours to complete usually. But now its throwing the following database errors and aborting after one or two hours. " ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" "ct_cmd_alloc(): user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

Network packet layer error with ASE 11.9.2 on NT4
G'Day, Would anyone happen to come across this type of problem, with ASE 11.9.2 and pb5. In the postopen event of a window, a seperate transaction object is created and used. The information for this transaction object is copied from sqlca. This problem didn't occur on ASE 11.5.1, but occurs on ASE 11.9.2, both on NT4. The first time the window is opened it connects fine, close the window down and re-open it, and the following error occurs "ct_close(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" and...

Network packet layer error with ASE 11.9.2 on NT4
G'Day, Would anyone happen to come across this type of problem, with ASE 11.9.2 and pb5. In the postopen event of a window, a seperate transaction object is created and used. The information for this transaction object is copied from sqlca. This problem didn't occur on ASE 11.5.1, but occurs on ASE 11.9.2, both on NT4. The first time the window is opened it connects fine, close the window down and re-open it, and the following error occurs "ct_close(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" and...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

Web resources about - ct-lirary error: network packet layer - sybase.sqlserver.unix