Cleint ERROR - network packet layer

Hi,

I'm working on hpux 10.20 with ctlib 11.1.

I have a program that receives a notification and right after it tries
to retrieve a table.
The retrieve fails with the following error:
Client ERROR: Severity 5 number 18 Layer 5 Origin 1
Text: ct_result(): network packet layer: external error: There is a
protocol packet error.
An illegal length was received.

If I put a delay between the notification reception and the retrieve -
everything works fine.

Any ideas ??

0
gervits
10/19/1999 8:10:38 AM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

Error Sending Packet- Error
SQLA 5.5.05.2817 Server win2000 server Client - 98/Xp Every 3 or 4 of 10 Db client connection try fails. in the DB client Window below message displays: Error Sending packet- Error Error Sending packet- Error Error Sending packet- Error Any idea? This would seem to indicate a network problem since we are unable to send the packets. Have you done any diagnostics on the network? -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Pat...

errors errors errors..

Error from businessLogic layer to data layer
Hi been wondering anyone could help me out as i had been working on it for ages. I have created a business logic web service layers with the codes as shown: Imports System.Web.Services <System.Web.Services.WebService(Namespace := "http://tempuri.org/BusinessLogic1/Service1")> _ Public Class Service1 Inherits System.Web.Services.WebService <WebMethod()> Public Sub create(ByVal name As String, ByVal id As String) Dim dl As New datalayer.Class1 dl.create(name, id) End Sub End Class and i have created a data laye...

Error Writing Error response packet. [EA01]
We have a small Groupwise installation, POA and MTA one box, WebAccess and GWIA on another box. Also a GMS server. Recently we moved to a new network and had to change all IP's. Since then, user have complained of intermittent lockups so that they have to kill the client and restart. The only error message I've been able to find is this new on that now shows up frequently on the POA: Error Writing Error Response Packet [EA01] I've been unable to find anything useful on this error. I've change the network address in the POA agent, MTA agent, GWIA agent, an...

Cleint callback javascript error and Postback error ..
Hi, i've implemented the client callbacks by using(implementing ) ICallbackEventHandler (ASP.NET 2.0), and it apears that every thing with working fine. I'm able to receive the call back results and also populate the respective controls. However i'm getting an error "__pendingCallbacks[..].async is null or not an object". i observed that this error is occuring only if i'm accessing any control on the form from the javascript (i'm doing this to populate a control, i tried with ASP.NET controls, HTML control both giving this error). Is there any work-around for this please? (Note this callbac...

Error Writing Error response packet, [EA01]
I found a thread from a couple months ago about this same issue, but I did not see a resolution . . . We keep getting this error message on one of our 12 POA's: 35A Error Writing Error response packet. [EA01] The problem seems to prevent me from receiving administrative notifications from the POA. GWPOA.NLM is version 7.00.3, dated January 21,2009. Running on NetWare 6.5 SP8. Any ideas? Rick P Walla Walla Public Schools Rick Pummel wrote: > I found a thread from a couple months ago about this same issue, but I did > not see a resolution . . . > > We k...

"Error sending packet" error message..
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me out... We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 5.0 server, and the workstations are running Windows95, using the SQLAnywhere Client v5.5.04 Build 1964. I have obtained the EBF for the server side of SQLAnywhere and for the workstations, and Ive installed it, and that seems to work fine. The problem we're having is that some of the workstations will get booted out of the server for no apparent reason (SQLAnywhere Client on the workstation says "Error sending packet"). Ive utilized the -ti switch in the server command line and the...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Error Unix
Hi everybody. I have used ASE 11.9.2.1 with HP UX 10.20. I have receveid in Unix log (syslog) the message : sysmap:rmap ovflo , lost [189541,189781) Is this message can be from Sybase? I have not received anything error message in Sybase log (errorlog). The HP support said that this problem can be from application (Sybase). Anybody knows what this error meanings? Thanks, Adriana adrimo@uol.com.br ...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

Packet Error ??
Hi All, I have installed Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 on two separate LANS with the Sybase server running on Windows NT 4.0 with Windows 95 as workstations for both LANs but on one of the LAN I keep getting 'Packet Error' on the DbClient. The only difference between these LANs are one has upgraded their Windows NT 4.0 to Service Package 3 while the other is still using Service Package 1. The one with the packet error is the LAN with it's server upgraded to Service Package 3.0. Can anybody help me to troubleshoot this as it is beginning to irritate the users. Thanks Mustaf...

Web resources about - Cleint ERROR - network packet layer - sybase.sqlserver.unix

Network Computing
Through a For IT, By IT editorial filter, Network Computing connects the dots between architectural approach and how technology impacts the business, ...

Cartoon Network (Russia and Southeastern Europe) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cartoon Network Russia and Southeastern Europe is a Russian/Bulgarian channel, which started on October 1, 2009. It replaced the Pan-European ...

Islamic State is building network in Jakarta, Indonesia: Sidney Jones
INDONESIAN forces are mobilising for a manhunt in steamy jungles on the far-flung island of Sulawesi to flush the country’s most-wanted man from ...

HGTV, Food Network, & Travel Channel apps come to Apple TV
Content from shows on popular networks including HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel are now available with apps launching in the App Store ...

Trump Forces Networks to Ask: Can We Say That?
In an extended discussion of Donald Trump ‘s attack on Hillary Clinton , NBC’s Matt Lauer talked about Trump’s language as “demeaning” and “degrading” ...

Iranian hackers breached a U.S. dam’s network security, report says
Iranian hackers managed to breach the network of a U.S. dam at some point in 2013, a report reveals, raising concerns about the security of critical ...

Exploring Brands As A Network
Brand is a multifaceted term with a myriad of definitions. So how do we begin to understand it? Is the brand the material elements – the ‘things’ ...

Furukawa Electric: Recycled Plastic Cable Trough Has Been Officially Approved by the UK Railway Network ...
&rdquo;Green Trough&reg;&rdquo;, a recycled plastic cable trough developed by Furukawa Electric (TOKYO:5801)(ISIN:JP3827200001), has been officially ...

IDG Contributor Network: Bubble, Bubble, ending the developer struggle?
For years now, I've been getting pitches from companies that promised to make application development as easy as finger painting. Instead of ...

Hits & Misses: Broadcast Networks’ Fall Scorecard And Look Ahead To Midseason
The fall finales are over, and it’s probably hard to remember how most freshman series ended their initial runs. That’s because there weren’t ...