Adaptive Server 11.5

Has anyone upgraded to 11.5, other than in a test environment?  The new
features and performance enhancements look great, but I have yet to hear
any positive (or negative) upgrade experiences.  My shop is very stable
with 11.0.2.2 (Solaris) and I do not want to introduce a rash of system
outages due to bugs just to be first on the block with the latest release.
Comments from those who have survived the upgrade to 11.5 would be
appreciated.

0
Doug
10/16/1997 11:58:07 PM
sybase.sqlserver.unix 1493 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Doug,
We are about to take on an endeavor to go from 4.9x to 11.5.  We won't
be done for about a month but I will be glad to post +'s and -'s when
we are done.
Anyone else go from 4.9x to 11.5???
Mike

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:58:07 -0400, "Doug Michael"
<dougmi@attachmate.com> wrote:

>Has anyone upgraded to 11.5, other than in a test environment?  The new
>features and performance enhancements look great, but I have yet to hear
>any positive (or negative) upgrade experiences.  My shop is very stable
>with 11.0.2.2 (Solaris) and I do not want to introduce a rash of system
>outages due to bugs just to be first on the block with the latest release.
>Comments from those who have survived the upgrade to 11.5 would be
>appreciated.

0
msimon
10/29/1997 2:51:34 AM
One piece of info that you will need.

We recently discovered a problem with how sqlupgrade runs
sp_checkreswords.  The result is that it will not report any problems
that it finds (which is not a good thing).

To workaround this.

in the 11.5 scripts directory you will find a script called
installupgrade.  Execute this script against your 4.9 server.

Then in each database run sp_checkreswords.

Sorry for the inconvience with sqlupgrade, we should have a fix
available soon.

-lance

team sybase

Michael Simon wrote:

> Doug,
> We are about to take on an endeavor to go from 4.9x to 11.5.  We won't
> be done for about a month but I will be glad to post +'s and -'s when
> we are done.
> Anyone else go from 4.9x to 11.5???
> Mike
>
> On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:58:07 -0400, "Doug Michael"
> <dougmi@attachmate.com> wrote:
>
> >Has anyone upgraded to 11.5, other than in a test environment?  The new
> >features and performance enhancements look great, but I have yet to hear
> >any positive (or negative) upgrade experiences.  My shop is very stable
> >with 11.0.2.2 (Solaris) and I do not want to introduce a rash of system
> >outages due to bugs just to be first on the block with the latest release.
> >Comments from those who have survived the upgrade to 11.5 would be
> >appreciated.

Lance J. Andersen			Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Technical Support		Phone:(617) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street			Fax:  (617) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!!              Let's Go Penguins!!!
Lance
10/29/1997 8:17:44 PM
Doug Michael wrote:

> Has anyone upgraded to 11.5, other than in a test environment?  The new
> features and performance enhancements look great, but I have yet to hear
> any positive (or negative) upgrade experiences.  My shop is very stable
> with 11.0.2.2 (Solaris) and I do not want to introduce a rash of system
> outages due to bugs just to be first on the block with the latest release.
> Comments from those who have survived the upgrade to 11.5 would be
> appreciated.

We have upgraded from 11.0.2 (HP-UX 10.20) to 11.5 on a K-class server.
It went very well, and the install/upgrade GUI (Motif) is more
sophisticated than any install tool Sybase ever released on UNIX.

The performance gains are impressive, and I really like the extended
stored procedures (XP server), the new monitoring tools (Sybase
Central), and - finally - a stable monitoring server that works (almost)
out-of-the box.

One minor cosmetic bug with sp_help.

Even though I have done many installs and upgrades, I am glad that I
took the time to study the install and config guides carefully.
Everything is well described, but if you omit a step, you pay for it.

Happy upgrading,

Peter

0
Peter
10/31/1997 5:52:41 AM
Hi Doug

    I upgraded our adaptive server from 11.0.2 to 11.5.1. It is not at all a
problem.  You will not experience any problems.  There are lot more features
that you do not have in 11.0.2.  So, if you are planning for an upgrade, you
can do it without any problem. This I did in both the development and
production systems.  Our operating system  is HP UNIX .  It should not be that
different for solaris, i hope.

Seetha

Doug Michael wrote:

> Has anyone upgraded to 11.5, other than in a test environment?  The new
> features and performance enhancements look great, but I have yet to hear
> any positive (or negative) upgrade experiences.  My shop is very stable
> with 11.0.2.2 (Solaris) and I do not want to introduce a rash of system
> outages due to bugs just to be first on the block with the latest release.
> Comments from those who have survived the upgrade to 11.5 would be
> appreciated.

0
Seetha

Adaptive server 11.5 minimum Server requirement
we are going to install 11.5 server but we donot know the minimum requirement for this & our front End is powerbuilder 6.0. Recently we've finalize the following configuration : Sun Enterprises 450 256 MB Memory Single 300 Mhz CPP etc. Can anyone help me & tell us about the right configuration for 11.5. Gaurav Mishra gaurav@ksc.th.com Gaurav, This machine sounds fine but of course, more information about how it will be used is essential in proper system sizing. Given that you already have bought the system - proper sizing is a little bit late here. ASE ...

Migration to Adaptive server 11.5.1 or 11.9.2
Hi Currently we are running Sybase 11.0.2.2 on Sun Solaries 2.5.1. Our application is designed in such a way that 90 percent of business functionality is on the server (by using the SPs and triggers). We are thinking of upgrading to either 11.5.1 or 11.9.2. We have upgraded one of the development server to 11.5.1 and are facing problems. Some of the Stored procedures which were running without any problem is giving either compilation or execution error in 11.5.1.. For instance implicit conversion from numeric to char, results in compilation error, outer join which runs perfectly ...

Windows 98 using OpenClient 11.1.1 to Adaptive Server 11.5 on NT
Hi all, We are getting periodic GPFs from Windows 98 running OpenClient 11.1.1 connecting to Adaptive Server 11.5 on NT. Is this configuration supported? Can someone point me to an official Sybase statement on Windows 98? Thanks! Joe Springer joespr@mosaix.com ...

NT 11.5 backups on Unix 11.5
I have an NT machine running Sybase 11.5 and a Unix machine running Sybase 11.5. Can I dump the NT databases to the tape on the UNIX machine? Will I be able to restore easily? Thanks for any help. Connie Felt wrote: > > I have an NT machine running Sybase 11.5 and a Unix machine running Sybase > 11.5. Can I dump the NT databases to the tape on the UNIX machine? Will I > be able to restore easily? Thanks for any help. Yes, you can do remote Sybase backups from NT to Unix. Apart from the Commands Reference manual, there is also a document online covering this...

Replication Server version 12.5 is compatible with Adaptive Server Enterprise version 11.9.2 for Linux?
Hi All, Replication Server version 12.5 is compatible with Adaptive Server Enterprise version 11.9.2 for Linux? Thanks. Yes, you just cannot use the new data types in 12.5 "zl" <huarui@xs.hz.zj.cn> wrote in message news:3f25c3a2$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi All, > Replication Server version 12.5 is compatible with Adaptive Server > Enterprise version 11.9.2 for Linux? > > > Thanks. > > ...

Replication Server version 12.5 is compatible with Adaptive Server Enterprise version 11.9.2 for Linux?

connect to Adaptive Server 11.5
hi! I have a new Adaptive server 11.5 on my NT server. I want developing by PowerBuilder 5.0.2. I wonder if I need to run some sql files on the server(for system 11 there is a sql file: pbsyc.sql). Can someone tell me? Thanks a lot Hi, Yes, you need to run the PBSYC.SQL file but you need to edit it for 11.5: 1. edit file pbsyc.sql 2. do a global replacement of @@ with @ 3. search for @error and put it back to @@error 4. run the modified script Do NOT run the pbsyc2.sql file. HTH -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Nether...

Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5
I am looking at running an existing 5.5.4 application on ASE. Some of my table names are more than 30 characters. How can I set this option? Thanks........ j. You cannot have any identifiers longer than 30 characters in ASE 11.5. There are many differences between SQL Anywhere and ASE and this is one of them. Breck On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:42:38 GMT, j serpa wrote: >I am looking at running an existing 5.5.4 application on ASE. Some of >my table names are more than 30 characters. How can I set this >option? > >Thanks........ >j. > Hello... ...

Powerbuilder 4 with Adaptive Server 11.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0098_01BCF80A.F96AD1E0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0099_01BCF80A.F96AD1E0" ------=_NextPart_001_0099_01BCF80A.F96AD1E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is anyone aware of any problems with PB 4 connecting to System 11 or = Adaptive Server 11.5? We are about to undertake the upgrade from 4.9X = to 11.5..... Thanks for any feedback. Mike Simon msimon@vanstar.com ------=_NextPart_001_0099_01...

SQL Remote and Adaptive Server 11.5
Hi, I want to know if anybody has tried SQL Remote Replication using Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5 as the consolidate ? Specially if, the Adaptive Server is on Digital Unix (or any other unix) and the Remote sites are on Win95? regards, Himadri L'Roy This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0069_01BD3677.ED27F970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Himadri, I soon will be, keep us posted of your experiences. Or email me directly. Thanks. -Aditya -- _________________________...

Upgrade to Adaptive Server 11.5.1
In the release notes for Adaptive Server Enterprise Version 11.5.1 for Microsoft Windows NT, it states there is a script called insupgrd on the Adaptive Server 11.5.1 CD. This script updates the sp_checkreswords stored procedure. I cannot find this script on the CD. Can this be downloaded? Thank you, Mary Look in the scripts folder of the Sybase Directory. ...

Backup Agent for Adaptive Server 11.5
I am looking for a backup agent to run on Windows NT to backup my running Adaptive Server database. It should be able to backup the database while the database is running. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can get a product that would do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Mike Cheyenne used to produce an add on to ArcServe that would do the trick. I've used it before and it was pretty slick. I don't know if there is an 11.5 version yet or not. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX Michael Myung <myung@flash.n...

Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5 on Windows 2000
I have installed Sybase adaptive server enterprise on windows 2000. This seemed to go ok, however when I try to create a new adaptive server it freezes when trying to start the server. I go through all of the dialogs and when the status box comes up informing you to "Please wait... this task could take a while" no further progress is made - it reaches the "start sybase server" task. Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks Paul ...

pb5.0, adaptive server 11.5 : no timestamps ?
Hi, After upgrading a working application (pb5.0.03, sybase 11.03) to 11.5, Powerbuilder cannot handle timestamps anymore. Whenever i select a timestamp in the datawindow painter, i get "timestamp's data type is not supported". We are using the native SYC drivers (pbsyc050.dll,259584 bytes). Is this a known bug ? Are there any workarounds ? TIA Roman ...

Web resources about - Adaptive Server 11.5 - sybase.sqlserver.unix

Adaptive reuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adaptive reuse refers to the process of reusing an old site or building for a purpose other than which it was built or designed for. Along with ...

General Adaptive (@GeneralAdaptive) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here General Adaptive @ GeneralAdaptive ...

Flashlight+ for iPhone 5S/5c/4 with Strobe, Morse and Adaptive Brightness on the App Store on iTunes
Get Flashlight+ for iPhone 5S/5c/4 with Strobe, Morse and Adaptive Brightness on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Google I/O 2013 - Adaptive Streaming for You and YouTube - YouTube
Matt Ward, Steven Robertson Adaptive streaming internet videos is hard, but it gets even harder when you try to do it at scale. We'll talk about ...

The agile bureaucracy: we need adaptive, innovative public servants who see beyond the routine
... of the Australian Public Service. But now, more than ever, we need an APS composed of agile employees. Agile employees are flexible, adaptive ...

Adaptive web - Adaptive content - Big Data
The next evolution of the web is making its presence felt in Australia. And this time, it's personal.

Regina adaptive sailing club looks to boost numbers
Wind on my Wings sailing club has been helping people with disabilities since 1999. Regina's adaptive sailing club might be the city's best kept ...

Young Entrepreneur Designs World's First Line Of Climate Adaptive Hijabs
Designed by 22-year-old Ahmad Ghanem, these climate-adaptive hijabs are the first of their kind.

Dell Issues Patch For Content Adaptive Brightness Control On The XPS 13
... but it did have some issues, as all devices do. One that was very frustrating to deal with during the review was the aggressive Content Adaptive ...

IIHS developing rating system for adaptive headlights
Filed under: Safety , Technology The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is turning its attention to headlights, and particularly the adaptive ...