win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)

Hallo,

I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error:
Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error.

I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like:

[MyDB]
master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000
query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000

The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine.
If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too.

If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am
using JConnect!

Thanks,
Ralf

0
Ralf
8/17/2000 1:03:17 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library erro...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed>. Severity is <5>. Osstring is <>> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <ct_send failed for statement select 1> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <executeStmt() threw an eaException: > :Extra Args: <eaException(../code/eaDBSybStatementImp.cpp:634) ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed errno=0 addl error cd=7 error cd2=0 MsgId=WHATEVER> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083973> Message is <ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed>. Severity is <5>. Osstri...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is available > > The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: > Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris > 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 > The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 I haven't seen this error myself, but the "protocol class" part suggests to me that either there is something wrong with the TLI encoded string in the interfaces file or there is a problem with one of the library files. -am ...

Net Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed
We have developed an application that uses Open Server Gateway to the SQL Anywhere and the sql.edit is configured correctly but we are having a problem. When connecting for the first time no trouble; connected to database but when we close the application and reopen and try to connect again we are receiving the error message: Net Lib protocol driver connect to two endpoints failed...I am sure that the Sql.edit is the culprit but why can we connect once with no error? Please help. thanks Peggy I forgot to add that if we reboot and then try to connect no problem. But we need to ...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed It is strange now none of the other developers can not access the database server with the exception of one person. This developer created the new sql.ini file after the problem started but can access the server. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Xdeveloper ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
If somebody has any idea what this error means. I'm just calling ct_connect() and get this error. Dmitry wrote: > > If somebody has any idea what this error means. I'm just calling > ct_connect() and get this error. Search back in this newsgroup to the start of November last year and you'll find a post with the same subject with some follow ups. See if that helps. If not, post back with more information. -am � 2002 ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01BE924A.4E541100 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="EUC-KR" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi there, I met following error message in JaguarCTS server log(srv.log). I want to know exact meaning of following messages and how can I fix following problems? Apr 29 13:52:19 1999: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_listen(wer.penta.co.kr 9000) failed in srv__start_listeners Network error: status = 23 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to register a listener failed /*---------------...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
From time to time we are getting the following message in the server log. Why would that be? TIA. -------------------------------------------------------------- Apr 14 17:01:41 2000: SRVLIB Message: 16240/10/0: Net-Library routine net_read() failed in srv_rawread Network error: status = 32 - Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
Has anyone received this error and if so can you tell me what it means? Thanks, Steve That usually means that a client closed a socket unexpectedly and so when Jaguar tries to write a response, an error occurs. You can usually ignore the message. Allen Steve Fennessey <""steve.fennessey\"@maritz.com NOSPAM> wrote in news:SzbLI83sCHA.198@forums.sybase.com: > Has anyone received this error and if so can you tell me what it means? > Thanks, > Steve > In article <SzbLI83sCHA.198@forums.sybase.com>, Steve Fennessey <"&qu...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed.
Actually, I looked through those messages and didn't find the answer. Here's description of my problem. I'm using some home made C-library to work with Sybase DB. This library uses Open client lib. My code is written in Java and uses JNI calls to the C-library. In this home made library I have function to do connect to Sybase DB. Here's source code. JRN_RC JrnInitAPI(litstring username, litstring password) { CS_RETCODE rc; int status = -999; long SQLCODE = -999; SQLCA sqlCA; if (username == NULL || password == NULL || *username == 0) retu...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: SUn Solaris Client: Winnt 4.0 Sybase system 10 client John.taber@cntcorp.com ...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received
Has anyone seen this? Server: Sun Solaris Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 john.taber@cntcorp.com I have the same thing that happens on: Server: Windown NT - Sybase 11 & Sybase 12 Client: Alpha VMS Sybase system 10 I have never been able to track down the cause. <Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message news:1AA373CC983538CC0072CF018525695B.0072CF0E8525695B@webforums... > Has anyone seen this? > > Server: Sun Solaris > Client: Winnt-sybase system 10 > > john.taber@cntcorp.com What are your server settings for: default network packet size max network packet size What is your client setting for the packet size? What version is the server? System 10.what? What version of open client? If you are still on System 10 then upgrading to at least 11.5.1.1 (better yet 11.9.2 or 12.0) may fix the problem according to case 10483568. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed #2
We are in the process of upgrading from ASE 12.0 to 12.5 on Solaris. The client connects and makes connections to 12.5 but after sometime we see this Error Message: State: 08S01 ; Msg: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed Operating System Error #Socket recv failed - errno 2 Sql State ZZZZZ84083974 Any idea why this error can happen? Thanks. Hi, Something does not sound correct here. "errno 2" at OS level means ENOENT, no such file or directory. However "recv" or &q...

Re: Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed
Actually, I looked through those messages and didn't find the answer. Here's description of my problem. I'm using some home made C-library to work with Sybase DB. This library uses Open client lib. My code is written in Java and uses JNI calls to the C-library. In this home made library I have function to do connect to Sybase DB. Here's source code. JRN_RC JrnInitAPI(litstring username, litstring password) { CS_RETCODE rc; int status = -999; long SQLCODE = -999; SQLCA sqlCA; if (username == NULL || password == NULL || *username == 0) retu...

ct_connect(),internal net library error
I have a problem using ASP/SYBASE .... Server : NT4.0 , Sybase Adaptive Server Ent. 11.9 Web Server : IIS 4.0 Dev. Tool : ASP, ODBC Error Messege is ... <---- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect -----> In article <xUWH8#wC$GA.284@forums.sybase.com>, uy@sa3000.com says... > > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' > >...

Error 16240 (Net-Library routing net_listen failed in srv_start net)
We saw the previous post saying to check the interface file for ports already in use, but ours checks out all right. We backup a database using a remote tape Backup Server and then tried to restore the dump file to a database on the remote server. The load failed with an error that indicated the directory path and/or filename were incorrect or missing. We also tried to make a backup on the local server and then restore it using the local Backup Server to the remote server. Neither approach worked though we got a little farther. "The load was completed. An unitialized logi...

Internal net lib error using Intersolv drivers
I'm using version 3.01 of the Intersolv ODBC drivers for Solaris. They are running on top of the Sybase Open Client (10.0.3) Libs for Solaris. I've got the demoodbc.c program to connect fine, but when I try to include the ODBC drivers in my application logic I am getting the following error: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): >> network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver >> call to connect two endpoints failed I know this sounds like an ENVIRONMENT problem, but I've confirmed all my SYBASE and O...

Page works in windows xp, asp.net 2.0, works in windows 2000 asp.net 1.1, fails windows 2000 asp.net 2.0
Hi All   Pages that work well on  win xp, asp.net2.0, and  win 2000 asp.net 1.1  computers  fails when the wind 2000 asp.net 1,1  computer is upgraded to asp.net 2.0  Many controls such as textboxs , buttons give this error >>>>Error Rendering Control - B1 An unhandled exception has occurred.RegisterForEventValidation can only be called during Render();   <<<<<< Is windows 2000 incompatible with asp.2.0 ? Is the website using the correct version of the framework? (This can be checked from the ASP.NET tab of ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

SQL Client Message 84083974 : ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net
--------------4C53A628510F6740E172655D Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! Sybase Database Server version is 11.0.3.2 EBF ROLLUP 7569 Sybase Open Client version is 11.1.1 EBF On HP-UX 10.20 I am running into a random problem when running a lot of batch jobs to populate Sybase tables using a shell script. My jobs randomly and only sometimes will fail with: SQL Client Message 84083974 : ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disc...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
I'm getting this error when hitting a webservice thousands of times for a mass upload. I've researched on the web and added the suggested code but am still getting the error: protected override WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri) { System.Net.HttpWebRequest webRequest = (System.Net.HttpWebRequest)base.GetWebRequest(uri); webRequest.KeepAlive = false; return webRequest; }  Are you receiving it on the client, or on the service?John Saunders | MVP – Connected System Developer...