Will Active Server 11.x support Row Locking ???

I recently browsed beta section of Sybase web site.
It talked a lot about new features in next release of SQL Server.
However , I don't recall seeing anything in regard to ROW LOCKING.
Does anyone know if the next release will target this issue ?

I heard rumors that the next Microsoft release of SQL Server will
move away from Sybase technologies and support Row Locking.
I think they call it MS SQL Server 7.0
I think the technology sharing between the two companies ends with
this release. Has anyone heard differently ?

0
Andy
6/2/1997 10:25:34 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

In article <01bc6fac$d48d4f60$cd6edb9b@nt_server>, "Andy Petty" <pettya@recbass.army.mil> writes:
|> I recently browsed beta section of Sybase web site.
|> It talked a lot about new features in next release of SQL Server.
|> However , I don't recall seeing anything in regard to ROW LOCKING.
|> Does anyone know if the next release will target this issue ?
|>
|> I heard rumors that the next Microsoft release of SQL Server will
|> move away from Sybase technologies and support Row Locking.
|> I think they call it MS SQL Server 7.0
|> I think the technology sharing between the two companies ends with
|> this release. Has anyone heard differently ?

Row-level locking is not a feature of the Adaptive Server 11.5 release.
My understanding is that it will be included in the release following 11.5.

Keep an eye on www.sybase.com/services/beta if you are interested in
participating in the next round of beta tests.

Microsoft SQL Server has already moved away considerably.  I've been
under the impression that we stopped sharing technology some time ago
(pre-10.x).
| Bret Halford                    Imagine my disappointment       __|
| Sybase Technical Support        in learning the true nature  __|
| 6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle   of rec.humor.oracle...    __|
| Englewood, CO 80111-4954 USA                             |

bret
7/23/1997 10:51:39 PM
Yes, I think technology sharing ended earlier. However, MS still pays
Sybase
Royalties on every copy of MS SQL Server . That will end with next release
however. ( MS SQL Server 7.0 )

OK , Row Level Locking will be addressed next year.
Do you know if there are plans to increase the TABLE ROW LIMIT of 1962
bytes
in any future release. ???

Also, How about that 2G limit on devices under NT 4.0 ?
I heard a rumor that there was an EBF to break thru this limit , if so
where to get it ?

Thanx 4 your info !!!!

Bret Halford <bret@sybase.com> wrote in article
<2aId7r7l8GA.201@forums.powersoft.com>...
> In article <01bc6fac$d48d4f60$cd6edb9b@nt_server>, "Andy Petty"
<pettya@recbass.army.mil> writes:
> |> I recently browsed beta section of Sybase web site.
> |> It talked a lot about new features in next release of SQL Server.
> |> However , I don't recall seeing anything in regard to ROW LOCKING.
> |> Does anyone know if the next release will target this issue ?
> |>
> |> I heard rumors that the next Microsoft release of SQL Server will
> |> move away from Sybase technologies and support Row Locking.
> |> I think they call it MS SQL Server 7.0
> |> I think the technology sharing between the two companies ends with
> |> this release. Has anyone heard differently ?
>
> Row-level locking is not a feature of the Adaptive Server 11.5 release.
> My understanding is that it will be included in the release following
11.5.

> Keep an eye on www.sybase.com/services/beta if you are interested in
> participating in the next round of beta tests.
>
> Microsoft SQL Server has already moved away considerably.  I've been
> under the impression that we stopped sharing technology some time ago
> (pre-10.x).
> --
> | Bret Halford                    Imagine my disappointment       __|
> | Sybase Technical Support        in learning the true nature  __|
> | 6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle   of rec.humor.oracle...    __|
> | Englewood, CO 80111-4954 USA                             |

Andy
7/24/1997 7:43:24 PM
11.0. sql server supports up to 32 gb devices on nt

The max rowsize is being addressed I believe in the galaxy project

Andy Petty wrote:

> Yes, I think technology sharing ended earlier. However, MS still pays
> Sybase
> Royalties on every copy of MS SQL Server . That will end with next release
> however. ( MS SQL Server 7.0 )
>
> OK , Row Level Locking will be addressed next year.
> Do you know if there are plans to increase the TABLE ROW LIMIT of 1962
> bytes
> in any future release. ???
>
> Also, How about that 2G limit on devices under NT 4.0 ?
> I heard a rumor that there was an EBF to break thru this limit , if so
> where to get it ?
>
> Thanx 4 your info !!!!
>
> Bret Halford <bret@sybase.com> wrote in article
> <2aId7r7l8GA.201@forums.powersoft.com>...

> > Row-level locking is not a feature of the Adaptive Server 11.5 release.
> > My understanding is that it will be included in the release following
> 11.5.
> >
> > Keep an eye on www.sybase.com/services/beta if you are interested in
> > participating in the next round of beta tests.
> >
> > Microsoft SQL Server has already moved away considerably.  I've been
> > under the impression that we stopped sharing technology some time ago
> > (pre-10.x).
> > --
> > | Bret Halford                    Imagine my disappointment       __|
> > | Sybase Technical Support        in learning the true nature  __|
> > | 6400 S. Fiddlers Green Circle   of rec.humor.oracle...    __|
> > | Englewood, CO 80111-4954 USA                             |

Lance J. Andersen			Email: lancea@sybase.com
Sybase Technical Support		Phone:(617) 564-6336
77 South Bedford Street			Fax:  (617) 564-6148
Burlington, MA 01803

The Dark Knight Returns!!!              Let's Go Penguins!!!
Lance

Active/X support several software forms (Active/X II)
First, Thanks Jose! I've post Active/X before. This is second term. My question is how to use one Active/X login dialog for the different software forms. Does PowerBuilder support this? We are using different software in our products. All those are Visual Basic, Visual C++ and PowerBuilder and we all using Sybase Advantage. We have several PB forms. We want create an Active/X dialog for all those products login. Now I am using profile in the each PB form to connect to database. In the open event I hard code: SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False ...

FAQs About Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x on Windows NT
Summary: -------- This document describes frequently asked questions about Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x on Windows NT. Attributes: ----------- Platform: PC Operating System: Windows NT Last Revised: 11/04/98 Document ID: 20235 Product(s): InfoMaker v5.0 Adaptive Server Enterprise v11.5.x Open Client v11.1 FAQs About Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x on Windows NT ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- \ This document describes...

Does Adaptive Server 11.9.2 for NT Supports Power Builder 5.0 Please suggest

Does Adaptive Server 11.9.2 for NT Supports Power Builder 5.0 Please suugest

Does Adaptive Server 11.9.2 for NT Supports Power Builder 5.0 Please suugest

lock sleep processes, CPU usage at 90% + on the NT 4.0 server using 11.5
I get lock sleep processes under the server and CPU usage goes up and stays at 90% + on the NT 4.0 server using 11.5. I would not wish this on anyone, but has anyone had this problem. I have been fighting this, already opened case with Sybase, no solution yet. Customer getting angry. Any ideas. Saeed Saeed, You would see lock sleep processes if they are waiting to acquire locks on a page/table. This could be due to various direct & indirect reasons such as database design, app design, long transactions, low cache etc. The system also should have high speed hardware t...

FireFox 2.x-3.0 often locks up when accessing SSL sites with Outpost 2.x-3.x active
Name: Stepan Email: publicatwidisoftdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: FireFox 2.x-3.0 often locks up when accessing SSL sites with Outpost 2.x-3.x active Comments: The most annoying thing with FireFox lasting years that it locks often and I have first to kill it with Task Manager and then to restart. I understand that probably you are not interested in supporting of all types of firewalls, but there is definitely one thing you can do: Please add "kill and restart" button to the dialog where the silly message (approximately) "FireFox is currently running but no...

How to enabling VNC Server on startup of the X server with 11.2
Hello, how is it possible to enabling VNC Server on startup of the X server with opensuse 11.2? I found a solution for SLE 11 but it don't work on opensuse 11.2. 'Enabling VNC Server on startup of the X server with SLE 11' (http://tinyurl.com/24lhtng) Can someone help? Thanks -- witjojo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ This works for me. It activates when a user logs in but also when an auto-login is operating: 'TightVNC on openSUSE' (http://opensuse.swerdna.org/susetightvnc.html). In particular se...

11.5.x and 11.9.x ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF5784.42572450 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, Can somebody post the information about differences between ASE 11.5.x = and 11.9.x ? What are the part numbers if I want to order one of them for Windows NT? Thanks. Sem. ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01BF5784.42572450 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//E...

High X server CPU utilization in 11.1 when X session idle
I've been using openSuSE 11.1 for almost two weeks and am generally impressed with how smoothly the installation went and the stability of the platform. I do have a few X server (or perhaps nvidia driver) issues that I'd like some help with. 1) (The most serious problem.) When an X session (running KDE4) is idle for some period of time (say about 10 minutes) its CPU utilization shoots to 100%. I disabled the screensaver to rule that out and it made no difference. If I have two X sessions running (on vt7 and vt8), the one not currently selected will go to 100% while the ...

Version 11.0.3. and 11.9.2. on one NT server
Hello, we have installed 11.0.3. on an NT4.0 server and now we want to install 11.9.2. on the same server for testing. Is that possible maybe by changing the environment variables, so that we can switch between the versions ? Thanks, Martin well.... I'll tell you how I do it. I need to have multiple versions readily available for bug-fixing purposes, and need to switch between them quickly. I find the NT SUBST command invaluable for this purpose. SUBST creates a new drive-letter pointing to a directory on your hard disk. So I have the various versions in separate dir...

active x on the server
Does the PB window active x have to be installed on the web server and not just copied for it to work. I have a set up where the control works when the HTML is run from my computer but doest when its moved to a webserver and run. The Window ActiveX is hosted by Internet Explorer on the client machine, I'm not sure what you mean by "moved to a webserver and run" On 9 Sep 2003 06:21:52 -0700, Josh wrote: >Does the PB window active x have to be installed on the web >server and not just copied for it to work. I have a set up >where the control works when the ...

Active X support?
Name: Christopher Waller Email: christhebullathotmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Active X support? Comments: The latest beta of Firefox is great - but how about Active X support so stuff like the BBC iPlayer (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/) will work properly? The only problem I can see is Microsoft possibly not letting you use ActiveX in Firefox. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 ...

Open Client/Server 2.x Migration to 11.x or 12.5
We have built applications using Open client/server 2.x can anyone point me to some documentation on Migrating Open Client/Server 2.x to 11.x or 12.5 Thanks Chandra Hello, Follow this link to the "Migration from Open Server 2.x to Open Server 11.1.x" guide: http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=20098 t.p.chandramohan@citigroup.com wrote: > We have built applications using Open client/server 2.x can anyone point me > to some documentation on Migrating Open Client/Server 2.x to 11.x or 12.5 > > Thanks > Chandra ...

Web resources about - Will Active Server 11.x support Row Locking ??? - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Legged Squad Support System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Legged Squad Support System ( LS3 ) is a DARPA project for a legged robot which could function autonomously as a packhorse for a squad of ...

Highlighting A Law Professor Who’s Helping To Support Vaccination
The public interest fight for vaccinations has already begun.

Top Camera 2 gets iPad Pro and Apple Watch support
... you to remotely snap photos, use the newest iPad, and save your settings. Whats new in Top Camera 2 The app now offers Apple Watch support ...

Curate Your Social Shares to Support Your Blog's Brand
Everyone has a brand these days, right? If people are in the digital world and publishing content, they consider themselves to be a brand. It’s ...

Poor Jeb... $38 Million In Mediocre TV Ads And He Now Has Less Support Than Christie And Rand Paul!
... ads. If a candidate says they'd rather spend money on something uselful like field the DCCC and EMILY's List threaten to withdraw their support. ...

Tom Brady supports Peyton Manning against HGH allegations - Business Insider Deutschland
Tom Brady says he considers Peyton Manning a close friend and supports him against the allegations that he took HGH.

Broncos fully support Peyton Manning, call HGH allegations 'false'
The Broncos have released a statement fully supporting Peyton Manning and characterizing the allegations made to Al Jazeera that he used HGH ...

3 Days Left: Support Putting A Price On Carbon & Get A Chance To Win A Tesla!
... The folks over at Climate XChange have put together one of the coolest raffles that I have seen to raise money for a great cause — to support ...

NA-154 by-poll: PML-N leaders’ half-hearted support downs Baloch
According to unofficial results, Mr Tareen got 138,719 votes against Baloch’s 99,933.

Jessica Jung Wishes Kris Wu A Happy Birthday — Former K-Pop Idols Of SM Entertainment Continue To Support ...
Back in 1995, SM Entertainment, one of the K-pop industry’s most well-known labels, was founded. Having humble beginnings with original Korean ...