Sybase 11 and Intersolv ODBC 3.0

Dear All,

Does anyone use Sybase Server 11 (11.0.2.1) with Intersolv's ODBC version
3.0 drivers.  I have this setup on Windows NT 4.0 Server (Service Pack 2)
and I get an error message saying that stored procedure Sp_SeRvEr_InFo not
found (note the case!!).  This error occurs with both MSQuery32 and Visual
Basic 5.0.  I have found this error only occurs when I specify the database
when connecting (if it is not specified, that is the default is used there
is no problem connecting even the default is the same as the one I was
specifying).  Another thing to note is this problem does not occur with the
Intersolv 2.12 drivers.  When I connect with WISQL or Intersolv 2.12
drivers I can quite happily execute the stored procedure sp_server_info
without any problem.

To summarise:
Sybase Server 11 (11.0.2.1) and Intersolv ODBC Drivers 3.0 produce the
error Sp_SeRvEr_InFo not found when a database is specified when
connecting.

Any help appreciated

Allan Taunt

Global Information Solutions
Christchurch
New Zealand

0
Allan
6/29/1997 6:40:16 AM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Allan Taunt wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Does anyone use Sybase Server 11 (11.0.2.1) with Intersolv's ODBC version
> 3.0 drivers.  I have this setup on Windows NT 4.0 Server (Service Pack 2)
> and I get an error message saying that stored procedure Sp_SeRvEr_InFo not
> found (note the case!!).  This error occurs with both MSQuery32 and Visual
> Basic 5.0.  I have found this error only occurs when I specify the database
> when connecting (if it is not specified, that is the default is used there
> is no problem connecting even the default is the same as the one I was
> specifying).  Another thing to note is this problem does not occur with the
> Intersolv 2.12 drivers.  When I connect with WISQL or Intersolv 2.12
> drivers I can quite happily execute the stored procedure sp_server_info
> without any problem.
>
> To summarise:
> Sybase Server 11 (11.0.2.1) and Intersolv ODBC Drivers 3.0 produce the
> error Sp_SeRvEr_InFo not found when a database is specified when
> connecting.
>
> Any help appreciated
>
> Allan Taunt
>
> Global Information Solutions
> Christchurch
> New Zealand
Look at the readme file that came with intersolv/ sybase
3.0 odbc driver.
there is a set of scripts that is provided. one is for
4.x and the other for 10.x plus servers. The files
can be read with a text editor, try searching for
the sp in there. They are for 3.0 odbc compliance
but may have an affect on what you are seeing
maybe.....
ted
T Schantz wrote:

> Allan Taunt wrote:
> >
> > Dear All,
> >
> > Does anyone use Sybase Server 11 (11.0.2.1) with Intersolv's ODBC
> version
> > 3.0 drivers.  I have this setup on Windows NT 4.0 Server (Service
> Pack 2)
> > and I get an error message saying that stored procedure
> Sp_SeRvEr_InFo not
> > found (note the case!!).  This error occurs with both MSQuery32 and
> Visual
> > Basic 5.0.  I have found this error only occurs when I specify the
> database
> > when connecting (if it is not specified, that is the default is used
> there
> > is no problem connecting even the default is the same as the one I
> was
> > specifying).  Another thing to note is this problem does not occur
> with the
> > Intersolv 2.12 drivers.  When I connect with WISQL or Intersolv 2.12
>
> > drivers I can quite happily execute the stored procedure
> sp_server_info
> > without any problem.
> >
> > To summarise:
> > Sybase Server 11 (11.0.2.1) and Intersolv ODBC Drivers 3.0 produce
> the
> > error Sp_SeRvEr_InFo not found when a database is specified when
> > connecting.
> >
> > Any help appreciated
> >
> > Allan Taunt
> >
> > Global Information Solutions
> > Christchurch
> > New Zealand
> Look at the readme file that came with intersolv/ sybase
> 3.0 odbc driver.
> there is a set of scripts that is provided. one is for
> 4.x and the other for 10.x plus servers. The files
> can be read with a text editor, try searching for
> the sp in there. They are for 3.0 odbc compliance
> but may have an affect on what you are seeing
> maybe.....
> ted

   Actually this is a bug in the ODBC driver,  my company has done
extensive testing of this ODBC driver and found severe problems.  One of
which is that Sp_SeRvEr_InFo problem.  We finally wound up using the
ODBC driver from a company called Simba, you can download the driver
from www.simbatech.com.  While we still have a few issues to work
through with them, they are much more responsive than Intersolv.  The
one thing they do not currently support is dynamic cursors, which if you
use the Microsoft ODBC cursor library, the application won't notice.
They do have much better performance on queries also.

Rob Eckert
Sr Systems Analyst
Teleport Communications Group
eckertrw@tcg.com

0
Robert
9/4/1997 2:25:46 PM
There are EBF's for the ODBC 3.0 driver.  Also, within the ODBC 3.0 patches
are fixes to the catalog stored procedures for the server.  Sybase has
released two patches for CSP's, which is the sycsp11.sql file under the
"odbc" sub-directory of the ODBC EBF.  There is no version number on the
sycsp11.sql file, but it is possible to distinguish by datetime and file
size.  The last CSP fix I installed was the sycsp11.sql file from 6/22/98
with a file size of 114 KB.  This particular sycsp11.sql is in the ODBC
11.1.1 EBF 8315.

Robert Eckert wrote:

> T Schantz wrote:
>
> > Allan Taunt wrote:
> > >
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > Does anyone use Sybase Server 11 (11.0.2.1) with Intersolv's ODBC
> > version
> > > 3.0 drivers.  I have this setup on Windows NT 4.0 Server (Service
> > Pack 2)
> > > and I get an error message saying that stored procedure
> > Sp_SeRvEr_InFo not
> > > found (note the case!!).  This error occurs with both MSQuery32 and
> > Visual
> > > Basic 5.0.  I have found this error only occurs when I specify the
> > database
> > > when connecting (if it is not specified, that is the default is used
> > there
> > > is no problem connecting even the default is the same as the one I
> > was
> > > specifying).  Another thing to note is this problem does not occur
> > with the
> > > Intersolv 2.12 drivers.  When I connect with WISQL or Intersolv 2.12
> >
> > > drivers I can quite happily execute the stored procedure
> > sp_server_info
> > > without any problem.
> > >
> > > To summarise:
> > > Sybase Server 11 (11.0.2.1) and Intersolv ODBC Drivers 3.0 produce
> > the
> > > error Sp_SeRvEr_InFo not found when a database is specified when
> > > connecting.
> > >
> > > Any help appreciated
> > >
> > > Allan Taunt
> > >
> > > Global Information Solutions
> > > Christchurch
> > > New Zealand
> > Look at the readme file that came with intersolv/ sybase
> > 3.0 odbc driver.
> > there is a set of scripts that is provided. one is for
> > 4.x and the other for 10.x plus servers. The files
> > can be read with a text editor, try searching for
> > the sp in there. They are for 3.0 odbc compliance
> > but may have an affect on what you are seeing
> > maybe.....
> > ted
>
>    Actually this is a bug in the ODBC driver,  my company has done
> extensive testing of this ODBC driver and found severe problems.  One of
> which is that Sp_SeRvEr_InFo problem.  We finally wound up using the
> ODBC driver from a company called Simba, you can download the driver
> from www.simbatech.com.  While we still have a few issues to work
> through with them, they are much more responsive than Intersolv.  The
> one thing they do not currently support is dynamic cursors, which if you
> use the Microsoft ODBC cursor library, the application won't notice.
> They do have much better performance on queries also.
>
> Rob Eckert
> Sr Systems Analyst
> Teleport Communications Group
> eckertrw@tcg.com

0
Jim

11.0.3.2 vs 11.0.3.3
Dear All, I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? Best Regards, Colin Colin wrote: > > Dear All, > > I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I > have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is > it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? > Just a number of bugfixes. I don't believe any of them are Y2K rel...

11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 upgrade on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2 on NT
We have currently upgraded several servers on HP/SUN platforms successfully from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2. In 12 sybase splits open client and ASE to have their own variables. We did this with our upgrade to 11.9.2, but opposite the way sybase handles this in version 12. We have set our SYBASE variable to the path of open client (/appl/sybase/oc/1111) and SYB_SRV to the path of ASE(/appl/sybase/ase/1192). We need to upgrade our servers on NT but the change to our variables has caused a snag. We would like to be consistant across all platforms. Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

3.0.11 keeps updating 3.5 beta 4 to 3.0.11
Name: thomas sturges Email: tsturgesatearthlinkdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: 3.0.11 keeps updating 3.5 beta 4 to 3.0.11 Comments: see above Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1b4) Gecko/20090423 Firefox/3.5b4 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

How does 32 bit 11.0.3.3 sqlserver run on 64 bit HPUX 11 mahince?
Can someone share the experience please? Thank you. Philip, Lots of Sybase customers doing this. Some use HP-UX 11.0's memory windows to setup multiple 32-bit ASE servers up to 2.75GB of memory each on V-Series boxes running HP-UX 11.0. The reason so many have used 32-bit ASE's is the lateness of fixes going into ASE 11.9.3 compared to 11.9.2's ESD schedule. If 11.9.3 was perfectly up to date with bug fixes as 11.9.2.x was, most customers would be on that. Also, some customers still running 11.0.3.x and 11.5.x on HP-UX 11.0. You should make sure to apply the lat...

11.0.3.3 to 11.5.1 (NT4.0)
I'm trying an upgrade in place on a test server and all is fine until the upgrade process tries to start the SQL server. It passed the eligibility test, then reported that there is one conflict with 11.5 reserved words. I figured I could find that and tend to it afterwards. I clicked OK and got a window saying it is proceeding with the upgrade at which point it fails and says "Failed to boot server ..." I tried to start it manually in Sybase Central and it fails with "Procedure entry point uniutf8_unistrNFromUTF8 could not be loaded in the DLL libunic.dll." ...

setup ODBC on WIN NT client to ASE 11.0.3 Linux server?
I'm new to ASE 11.0.3 and ODBC. Have gotten 11.0.3 running on Linux. Where is and how do I install ODBC driver on Windows platform? I see drivers in sybase site but Windows says there must be an installation program? I'm confused! Yes! You must have an installation program! We did buy the 12.0 ODBC driver directly from Sybase! regards ´┐Żystein Selbekk news.ntrnet.net <mikes@in-tune.com> wrote in message news:I0hOjfKf$GA.326@forums.sybase.com... > I'm new to ASE 11.0.3 and ODBC. Have gotten 11.0.3 running on > Linux. Where is and how do I in...

migrating database from 11.0.3 to 11.0.3 on another computer
We've got a 11.0.3 Sybase on Linux running with some small databases. Some new hardware has been bought and we have to migrate all databases to the newly installed sybase server. Some of the database have so much space left on their devices I would like to make them smaller on the new device. Is there any procedure on how to migrate multiple databases to another machine and if possible to make some devices smaller? Any tips on how this procedure can be done the easiest and most logical way? Or do we have to manual create new devices for load and manually create all the users. D...

Anyone running NetWare 3.12/3.2 in production? Or 4.11/4.2? NT 3.51? OS/2 Warp 3.0?
Just curious to see who's using something that is really old... On 12/1/10 9:16 AM, Mike M wrote: > Just curious to see who's using something that is really old... I remember wanting to buy OS/2 back in the days of Windows 3.1 and even 95, but I just couldn't afford it. :P -- http://www.thecrankyitguy.com http://www.thecrankyitforum.com I still support a couple 4.11 servers, if you can call never having to do anything to them "support". They just keep running and running and running and running. -Bob Carroll "Mike M" <nospam@nosp...

Replication Server 11.5
Simply, can I replicate from 11.9.3 to 11.0.3.3 using Replication Server 11.5, warm standby solution with replication definitions? We are in the process of upgrading our production systems to 11.9.3 from 11.0.3.3. Our current scenerio looks like this: Server A : 11.0.3.3 Production ASE/11.5 RepServer Server B: 11.0.3.3 ASE Server C: 11.0.3.3 ASE 1. Currently replicating Server A --> Server C 2. Upgrade Server B to 11.9.3. 3. Replicate Server A --> Server B ** This is where my question fits in--if a "switch" is needed, can 11.9.3 --> 11.0.3.3? 4. Sto...

SQLServer 7.0 vs ODBC 3.0
Hello people. I am developing an application in Powerbuilder 5.0.04 and my problem is: The application doesn't connect with SQLServer 7.0 across ODBC 3.5. Sybase said that PowerBuilder 5.0.04 doesn't work with ODBC 3.5, only with ODBC 3.0. Then... I need ODBC driver version 3.0 to connect my application with SQLServer 7.0 somebody know where stay the instalation of ODBC 3.0? I don't need MDAC, only ODBC drivers. TIA. Did you ever manage to solve your problem ?, if you did solve it, how ? Sergio Augusto wrote: > Hello people. > > I am d...

ASE12.0.0.3 -> RS11.5 -> ASE12.0.0.3 on NT
hello, I would like to know if anyone successfully using this config or had any problem. thanks for any infor. Some time we using that config without any problem ...

ASE 11.9.3 performance compared to 11.0.3.3
At our site, we just upgraded from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.3 - in the process we changed machines, so: old configuration: ASE 11.0.3.3 on a Sparc 10 running Solaris 2.5.1, 1 processor, 100 Mb allocated to sybase new configuration: ASE 11.9.3 on a Sun E250 running Solaris 7, 2 processors, 200 Mb allocated to sybase. I'm running in to two performance related problems: 1) High throughput inserts/updates of tables. We have a data feed that pumps data into the database at a high rate of speed. We have more memory and faster disks on the new system, but the rate at whic...

Error after upgrade from 11.0.3.3 to 11.9.2.3
We have upgraded our production Sybase servers to 11.9.2 from 11.0.3.3 last weekend and we applied ebf9160 All went well except for an error in the errorlog as follows NT operating system error 2 in module 'e:\rel1192\porttree\svr\sql\generic\ksource\strmio\n_winsock.c' at line 3481: The system cannot find the file specified. kernel nl__connect: Could not connect to site 'VUA_S2002_XP', socket 1. This error did not occur when we tested the upgrade on our test servers. There appears to be no problems with the overall install, everything works fine - except for t...

11.0.3 to 11.0.2
--------------8BCD235133A5E6297E3B44C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The question: Can I take a dump of a database that is on an 11.0.2 server and load it into a 11.0.3 server, without having to do any maintenance on the database once it's in the 11.0.3 server? The reason: We have a production server that is version 11.0.2. Nightly, we dump the production server and load it into a development server, also 11.0.2. Now, we are in the midst of upgrading our development servers from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3. Any help would be great. T...

Web resources about - Sybase 11 and Intersolv ODBC 3.0 - sybase.sqlserver.nt

PVCS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
8.4.6 / November 30, 2012 ; 2 years ago ( 2012-11-30 ) PVCS Version Manager (originally named Polytron Version Control System ) is a software ...

Shortage of skilled workers seen as endangering tech firms' growth State in position to lead nation's ...
The explosive growth of Maryland's high-technology sector should continue this year. However, a shortage of skilled technological workers could ...

City & Corporate: FD wins Micro Focus equity listing bid
Micro Focus has drafted in Financial Dynamics to handle PR around the first equity listing of a software firm on the London Stock Exchange for ...

Technical Support
Technical Support phone, fax, and webite information by manufacturer

Forrester Research : Analyst : Mike Gilpin
Mike serves Application Development & Delivery Professionals. He leads a team of analysts who cover a wide range of practices and technologies, ...

About M( ) - M( )
Hello there... I'm currently going through my personal transition from male to female, and this is my blog (initially mostly for friends and ...

Background - Portland SEO Consultant, Michael Cottam
Background of Michael Cottam. Website Built Using Michaelcottam.com

SolidFire - Board
Dave Wright : Dave Wrightleft Stanford in 1998 to help start GameSpy Industries, a leader inonline video game media, technology, and software. ...

Valhalla Partners
home about us our companies our team for entrepreneurs news & events contact us All companies Valhalla companies Valhalla exits Past companies ...

Valhalla Partners - Art Marks
Bio: Art Marks, Arthur J. Marks, Arthur Marks Managing General Partner, Valhalla Partners