Replication ASE - ASE with SQL Remote

Hi,

How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because
when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db.

other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage
server enough for this or i'll need other mail server.

thanks in advance

Joan

0
jmcd
6/11/1999 8:14:06 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>...
>Hi,
>
>How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because
>when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db.

Hi
I try this type of replication. In documentation i didn`t  find  how to tune
it.
I export and synchronize all replicated tables manually and manage
Publisher`s and Remoteuser`s  also manually, When i start replication it
work some time. But replication dosn`t work stability, some time latter i
copy "Changes alredy accepted" at one side of DBremote and "Transaction log
offset not matches" in other side of replication. I try whis numeric of
times and always replication selfdestroys.
I think is not supported replication beetween two ASE with SQL Remote.
Sorry for bad english. Andy.
>Joan

0
Andy

Replicating trigger action with SQL remote (SQL/Anywhere)
I need to replicate the actions of a trigger in one of my tables. I've tried to use the -t option when running dbremote, but this still does not replicate the trigger actions. Is there a solution to this problem? I need to replicate the action of the trigger because I'm trying to do the following: I need a sigle unique id for record in a table, and that table may be inserted into at any number of remote databases, and at the consolidated database. I've used an autoincrement column and a current publisher column as the actual unique primary key, and have another column ...

Replicating from NT server box to a remote NT server at a WEB host.
We are currently trying to setup replication on a SQA 5.5.04 consolidated database running on an NT 4 server network in house to an ASE 6.0 remote database on an NT 4 server being hosted at an offsite Web site. I've setup FILE replication and tested the process of replication on local database copies (5.5.04 only) and all is working fine. Does anyone have any suggestions for setting up the replication to the remote NT server box? This box will have an IP address and be running powerdynamo to the ASE 6 db for our web site. We are currently looking at running MS Internet Service...

SQL Anywhere 8.0.2 SQL Remote FTP replication problems
Hi all, I have a problem setting up the FTP message control parameters with SQL Remote. I use the SET REMOTE FTP OPTION statement to do this. See an example. Considering a remote user with name 'pippo'... SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.host = 'my_host'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.user = 'mickey'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.password = 'mouse'; SET REMOTE FTP OPTION pippo.root_directory = 'root_dir'; These four statements set FTP parameters for the pippo database user. This means that I want that the user pippo gain access to the replicati...

SQL Remote Replication
Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't need Replication Server just basic replication. since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, I thought why not give it a try! Hi, I just started research on SQL-Anywhere Remote using FILE and MAPI as well. It's a realy nice feature, cause I do update data not so offten. So, just try it out. BTW what means ASE Chriss BH Ong schrieb in Nachricht <01befd97$8f8994c0$7ccdc8c8@virtual-branch>... >Anybody tried using SQL remote to do replication between two ASE? I don't >need Replication Ser...

SQL Remote Replication
I would like to use SQL Remote Replication over a telephone modem connection with a FILE type link. The app I am working on is being written in VB and contains an embedded Sybase DB (i.e. Only the DB and required run time files are distributed). The manuals show a tutorial on one PC, which works fine. It also refers to a simple file transfer mechanism that can be used to exchange files periodically to effect replication. It doesn't say which files should be transferred and to what directories? Does anyone have a specific example on how this can be done? The modem connection ...

Security in SQL Remote replication
Hi, everybody! Does anyone know, how replication messages (sent via e-mail) are secured? What kind of encoding algorithm is used? Is it safe? Is it dificult to decode messages? Thanks, Tomek The messages are encoded, but not encrypted. The encoding is meant to stop casual viewers from reading the data in your messages, but is no intended to stop serious hackers. If security is a concern, you can always write your own encoding dll. Check out the following section of the manual : Replication and Synchronization Guide PART 3. SQL Remote CHAPTER 18. SQL Remote...

Replication Server and SQL Remote
Hi, I want to know about if anyone is working with Replication Server and DBRemote toghether. I want to use RS to replicate with connected sites (ASE Servers) and DBremote to replicate with disconnected ones (ASA Servers). According with Sybase Support I must put an intermediate ASA server with Rep Agent for ASA working as gateway between disconnected sites and the central site. We are thinking in the following products: * Central Server: ASE 11.9.2 y Replication Server (UnixWare 7.1) * Intermediate Server: ASA with a consolidated DB, and using dbremote. * Remote Sites disconn...

SQL remote TIMESTAMP replication
ASA (9.X): ASA, however is the timestamp format set, maintains the full 6-digit fraction of second. It would be a ***VERY FINE*** (that's three stars from both sides with caps on) thing if the timestamp column would replicate in a ***FULL*** format, whatever the option 'timestamp_format' would be set to, because when replicating such a column with 'timestamp_format' set to '....nn.ss.sss' (what I believe is the default setting), only the 'ss.sss' is replicated and I believe ASA adds the missing three digits manually (.sss000, .sss001, ..sss...

ASA Replication With SQL Remote
We are beginning with a replication among two databases ASA 7.0. We use SQL Remote to achieve that goal. First, we create users publisher and remote, after we create publications and articles. At last we did extract process for create remote database. In each site, we launch Replication Agents using SMTP. Changes in Consolidated Database replicates in Remote Database but changes in Remote Database has no effect on Consolidated Database. Someone can tell us Which are basics troubleshooting for replication using SMTP and SQL Remote? Why Remote Database does not replicate to Co...

sql remote with replication enterprise
can I run sql remote and replication enterprise on the same machine? My system has 3 units ASA --- ASE --- ASE so the middle one need to replicate with ASA and ASE on the same machine. In order to have SSRemote and the Rep Agent for ASE run on the same database you must use SSQueue. This was available in a 5.5.04 EBF, which also means you must be at least at 5.5.04 of SSRemote. Please contact technical support and ask for an EBF for 5.5.04, including SSQueue. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please post only to the news group. Songrit Leemakdej wrote in message ... >can...

sql remote, replication server
Hi All, I have a main location, where Sybase ASE and most users are sitting, and one secondary locations connected through internet where more users access main database with PowerBuilder applications. Of course, in the secondary location PB applications run slow. People in the secondary location does a lot of read from database, and few updates. I tried web deploy kit, but it is too slow (we need LOTS of stuff on screen, constantly updated). Now I think of having two databases, that are kept synchronized by "something" (e.g. overnight). My question is, what should "s...

SQL Remote replication problem
We have an ASA 7.0.3.2046 setup with several branches replicating to and from a consolidated database via SQL Remote. At each end we have the following trigger on one of our tables: alter trigger DBA.tub_item before update on auction.item referencing old as old_upd new as new_upd for each row begin if current remote user is null then set new_upd.last_modified_by=current user; set new_upd.date_last_modified=getdate(*) end if end The problem that sometimes occurs is this. A user updates a field on the item table, which fires the trigger. The update action and the tr...

SQL remote replication stops
Hello, I have a problem with SQL Remote replications via FILE (the same with another message types). dbremote 7.0.4.3489 dbtran and dblog are not showing any errors. there is no gap/space in log files. Remote site is only getting messages from consolidated, but nothing sending to consolidated. When dbremote starts, it shows correct start of transaction log, starting scan and finishing without any outcoming message. Seems like dbremote is not scaning log or checking bad offsets. .. I. 10/27 15:57:03. Transaction log "c:\test\03101600.LOG" starts at offset 0006864...

SQL Remote 6 cliend w SQL Remote 9 server
The documentation for ASA 9 states Software upgrades can be one site at a time Older Message Agents can exchange messages with Version 9 Message Agents as long as the COMPRESSION database option is set to a value of -1 (minus one). There is no need to upgrade software throughout the installation simultaneously. Does the COMPRESSION value need to be 1 at the consolidated only, or at the consolidated and the remotes? <Tom Iarusso> wrote: > The documentation for ASA 9 states > > Software upgrades can be one site at a time Older Message > Agents can excha...

SQL Remote message "A SQL Remote message has been deleted"
I have got the following message will sql RemoteAgent is sending messages at the conslidated database I. 03/14 02:08:53 A SQL Remote Message has been deleted And the message has been repeated 20 times before sending again I am using SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Build 2509 and SMTP messaging Thanks This message was posted during the sending phase and not the receiving stage? Did you go to an old backup of the consolidated database without applying log files to get you back to the same point before you started recovery? Reg Domaratzki "Haytham Arafa" <haytham...

Web resources about - Replication ASE - ASE with SQL Remote - sybase.sqlserver.nt

DNA replication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DNA replication is a biological process that occurs in all living organisms and copies their DNA ; it is the basis for biological inheritance ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...