Problems with MSSQL 7.x and PowerBuilder 6.5

I can=B4t access databases in MS SQL Server V.7.x with Powerbuilder V.6.5.
Only I can connect, but when i try to show table's names i have an error=20
code S1003.
I suppose that i need a new DLL, because i'm using one name PBMSS60.DLL but=
=20
this is for MS SQL Server V.6.0.
Can someone help me.
0
jtentor
9/15/2000 3:49:07 AM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

just install PB V.7.0 and the connection is inmidiatelly.

<jtentor@imagine.com.ar> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias
A1E831A82AA803C00014FA258525695B.0014FA338525695B@webforums...
I can�t access databases in MS SQL Server V.7.x with Powerbuilder V.6.5.
Only I can connect, but when i try to show table's names i have an error
code S1003.
I suppose that i need a new DLL, because i'm using one name PBMSS60.DLL but
this is for MS SQL Server V.6.0.
Can someone help me.

0
Julio
9/16/2000 7:00:28 PM
Did you get any answer ?

I am running Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 and using Microsoft SQL server 7.0
as my back-end. Since we move to SQL 7.0, I cannot create or modify
datawindow that are associated to a stored proc. The exact error message is
as follows :
"Cannot create datawindow, data conversion resulted in overflow".

The only way I found to make it works is to uncheck the option "display
system stored procedures" .This way , I can associate stored procedures
that do not contains DATETIME.  Datawindows that are associated with stored
procedures that contains datetime give me this error "Cannot create
datawindow, error converting datatype varchar to datetime".

I can execute any stored procedurea only through script.

Did you have problems like that ?

I read on the newsgroup that  the native driver pbmss60.dll version
6.5.0.595 works fine.  Do you know where i can find it ???
0
Anonymous

Linux 6.x 7.x client to 5.5.x server
Is it possible for a Linux 6.x or 7.x client to connect to a server (NT in this case) running SQLAnywhere 5.5.x ? Thanks in advance, Jeff Generally, no; however, you can use OpenClient (ASE's dblib) or JConnect (if you're using Java) to communicate with an Open Server Gateway (dbos50.exe that comes with ASA5.x for NT) as a front-end to ASA 5.5. -john. Jeff Patterson wrote: > Is it possible for a Linux 6.x or 7.x client to connect to a server (NT in > this case) running SQLAnywhere 5.5.x ? > > Thanks in advance, > > Jeff Thanks John. ...

A SQLServer request resulted in a bad return code..(PB6.5, MSSQL 6.5&7.0)
I'm getting this DB error message when I'm executing a stored procedure in a cursor from Powerscript. The OPEN works fine, but when I do the FETCH, I get this. What causes this? I'm using the MSSql server Native driver, even the EPF version from build 580. It happens for all versions. Is there a DBParm setting that I need to change? I tried playing with a number of parms, namely Async, CursorScroll, StaticBind, nothing seems to work. Thanks very much in advance. -- Note: To reply via email, please delete the caps from my address. Does it happen for all stored pro...

PB 6.5 & MSSQL 6.5->7
I have several heavily used and widely distributed apps that use ODBC to connect to MSSQL 6.5. I would like to upgrade my database to MSSQL 7. Obviously, it would be great if I could just turn off the old server and plug in the new server (same name, ip address) and have the apps connect to it with their current setups. This doesn't seem very likely. What would you suggest as the best approach? Thanks for your suggestions. Jeremy You will have to have a test server to do this for the first time. Weather it will be smooth or not, it depends on three major factors: the ...

PowerBuilder 5 + 7, Problems on NT sp5???
We have had intermitant problems running PowerBuilder applications on a server with NT service pack 5 for quite a while. The environment is: Windows NT Server, service pack 5, build 1381 PowerBuilder 5.0.01 PowerBuilder 7.0.3, build 10009 ASE 11.9.2 We can restore the database to another server and run the same applications and the jobs do not hang however I have just discovered the other servers have NT service pack 6 on them. The applications do not error, the database just appears in a wait state, and we have no idea what the problem is. With the problems occuring ...

Performance Issue with PowerBuilder 6.5 Native Drivers and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, I'm having a performance issue with the PB 6.5 Native driver with MSSQL 6.5, if i'm using the ODBC my request to the database are responding really fast, but i want to use to Native drivers. Before i was using the 16 bit Native drivers and it was working fine, but since i've changed to the 32 bit PB 6.5 native driver, most of my db request are really slow. I've search on the sybase infobase and i can't find anything... Could somebody give my advise.... Thanks Mark ...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 / StoredProcedures in ORACLE 7.x
Hi PowerUsers, I've got serious problems using ORACLE-StoredProcedures under PowerBuilder 6.5. Before I've migrated my PB 4.x-Applications to PB 6.5 / WinNT, all worked fine. But now I get sometimes (not always) an error-message like this: ORA-20003: ORU-10036: object "stored_procedure_name" is invalid and cannot be described. ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DESCRIBE", line 83 ... Does anybody know, what's wrong there between PowerBuilder 6.5 / WinNT and ORACLE 7.x concerning StoredProcedures ?? Is it a known problem of the ORACLE-Interface of PowerBuil...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Upgrade Netware6.5.6 to 6.5.7 with GroupWise 6.5
Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 patch to this GroupWise server. At the present this GW server is a stand alone server, and after a week it unloads tomcat4 which shuts down webacc module and the users can not connect with Webacc. I have worked on this problem for a while now, upgraded java and several others things. I hope there won't be any problems with this patch and sp7. Thanks, Tim Support-forums.novell.com, > Is there any problems that I need to know about before I apply the sp7 > patch to this GroupWise server. At the p...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729
Name: Patrick Email: plakt97312atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729 Comments: Firefox 3.5.7 running on HP Laptop hp G60, with Vista. When opening various websites, Firefox has functionality problems, specifically the minimize, size window, or close buttons in the upper left corner do not work. The scroll bar still works. Also, if I go to a website (i.e. Hotels.com AAA.com, etc.) and use a calendar at the site to select a date, Firefox freezes some of the time and...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: hajori Email: hajoriataondotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: (Deutsch) Seit den Update braucht Firefox 5 Minuten um eine neue Seite zu laden das kann doch nicht normal sein ?????????? Oder ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

Problem with MAPI under Powerbuilder 6.5 and Windows NT 4
Hi, I have developed an application that sends mail via a Microsoft Exchange Server using the MAPI commands within Powerbuilder. The application works fine under Windows 95 and sends the mail as expected. When I attempt to run the application on any Windows NT 4.0 machine I receive a Microsoft Exchange error with the message. 'Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable'. I have attempted to use the MAPI example provided with Powerbuilder and also receive the same error message. Can anybody help? Thanks Paul paul_merlin@hotmail.com That usually means ...

How to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
I want to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5. Would you please tell me where I can download the native database driver? Thank you very much! Sincerely, Fang Jing fangjing@telekbird.com.cn I have not been able to find a native driver anywhere. We are having no real problems using the SQL 6.5 drivers with PB 6.5.1. You have to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or there are some issues. (Like you can't paint a DW off of a stored proc) Hope this helps....Paul Fang Jing <fangjing@telekbird.com.cn> wrote in message news:tmKLHsSR$GA.289@forums.sybase.com... ...

PB 7.0 and MS SQLSERVER 6.5 PROBLEMS!
Since migrating to PB 7.0, I've noticed that when I try to establish a MS SQL connection via the database painter, the DB connection takes about 2 minutes. This behavior is similar to when I had a named/pipes connection. I've verified, via the MS client connection manager, that I am in fact communicating across a TCP/IP connection. I've no problem connecting (with an identical profile setup) with PB 5 or PB 6.5, just PB 7.0. While it's trying to connect to the DB, my client machine is thrashing the disk and PB70.exe is consuming 70% of the CPU. I've also checked m...

Web resources about - Problems with MSSQL 7.x and PowerBuilder 6.5 - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles