ODBC Connection to MS ACCESS

I'm trying to make an ODBC connection between Microsoft Access and Sybase
Adaptive Server 6.00.03.274. (ODBC driver is 6.00.03.2747)

I keep getting the following error message in MS ACCESS:  Reserved error
(-7748); there is no message for this error.

I can see the SQL tables but cannot make the final connection.

I sent an email to Sybase and got a message back that they had no
suggestions or solution.

Is there someone at Sybase that will help me with this problem.

We are running Access 97.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks.

dzg5@cdc.gov

Jim Gergely

0
Jim
10/20/1999 4:05:53 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Are you using Sybase or Intersolve ODBC drivers
Can you ping the Sybase server with sybping.exe from your client
What version of Sybase Server do you have
What type of ODBC profile are you creating

0
hollow

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

MS Access ODBC Connection
How to connect MS Access 97 database to PowerBuiler Application? If PowerBuilder doesn't provide ODBC Driver for MS Accesss, How can I get it and how can I redistribute it to general customers who will use our application? ...

How to connect MS Access with ODBC
Hi all, I am meeting a big problem. I try to use Perl to connect MS Access database from a remote machine . But I can not find a good way. I want use the DSN-less way. I search it from google, and get this example: use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);dbq=f:\db1.mdb'); My question is how to setup the host name or port number? Like this: $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);ServerPort:128.128.110.110;dbq=f:\db1.mdb'); , right? or replace ServerPort with HOST? All of them do not wo...

ODBC connection to MS Access 2000
I have created a PowerBuilder app that run fine on my computer, because I have Access 2000 installed on my PC. I deployed it to a PC that apparently has MS Access 97 installed. When I run one of the datawindows I get a message "[ODBC Microsft Access 97] Expression cannot be used with the LIKE predicate...." Apparently the syntax is not supported in Access 97. I want to keep my database and program as is, so how do I get the correct drivers and dll's to run? I don't know which files go with the Access connection. (I'm running PB 6.5 on Windows 2000) ---== Poste...

MS SqlServer-connection via ODBC
Hi there When retrieving data with some arguments I get a crash accompanied with SqlState 22005. Datasource is a stored procedure implemented in a datawindow. This appears only in the application, same retrieve from PB databasepainter goes successfully. When debugging the code, I can see that my variable-arguments are nice and neat just before the retrieve-statement. In the sqlpreview-event , where the crash appears, my arguments are changed to quotation-marks and this is of course the reason for the crash. But why are they changed? In the appl. I changed variable-arguments to cons...

MS SqlServer connected via ODBC
Hello out there, Anyone experienced whit that connection? If so, I'm interested to get an advice from you. The problem is that I can't get my dw-retrieval's with args work from appl. They work fine without args as well as RPC-calls with and without args. DW-retrieval's from DB-painter work also fine with and without args. In appl. I tried to change vars to constants with no success. Here's the message:[Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specifikation. There's a company decision to change from DB-Library to ODBC due to obsolete f...

ODBC connection to MS Access and Excel
We are upgrading from NT to XME and I am not able to download data from an Access database into SQL 7 using PowerBuilder 7. Although the ODBC connection has been set up when I try to connect to the Access DB I get an error message. Is there a newer PowerBuilder SQL ODBC driver needed to enable me to connect. Thanks ...

ASA6 and MS Access ODBC connection problems
In attempting to "link" an ASA6 table to MS Access8, the specified DSN does not connect after I am prompted with the DSN dialog box and input the user id and password. However, It does allow a connection if the user id and password is put in the DSN before attempting to link the table. I have used the same DSN (without the userid and password) to connect to the database using Sybase Central, MS Query and Powerbuilder 6 without any problems. Has anyone else had similar problems? Juan :-( ...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

ODBC Connection parameters, MS Access from PB 8
I have a PB 8 (build 8004) application that receives external data in the form of a Microsoft Access database. I get a new file each week, using a different filename each time. I currently can connect by coding the transaction object parameters in a script as follows: aTrx.DBMS = "ODBC" aTrx.AutoCommit = True aTrx.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=MS Access 97 Database;UID=;PWD=;DBQ=" + sle_basefilename.text + "'" where sle_basefilename.text contains a fully-qualified pathname. The database contains several text fields, one of which is occas...

Adaptive Server ODBC Connection Problems with MS Access
I'm trying to make an ODBC connection between Microsoft Access and Sybase Adaptive Server 6.00.03.274. (ODBC driver is 6.00.03.2747) I keep getting the following error message in MS ACCESS: Reserved error (-7748); there is no message for this error. I can see the SQL tables but cannot make the final connection. I sent an email to Sybase and got a message back that they had no suggestions or solution. Is there someone at Sybase that will help me with this problem. We are running Access 97. Appreciate your help. Thanks. Run an ODBC trace to see if that provid...

PB6.5 Connecting via ODBC to MS Access DB
I tried to connect to Access DB(created using access 2000 XP professional ) via ODBC in PB6.5. It connects successfully without any error messages but when i try to select table from the DB. PB6.5 prompt me the below error: SQLSTATE = S10003 [Micsoft ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of range My ODBC driver is ver 4.0 and OS is Win 2000 and Win98 How can i solve this problems??? You need to install PB651 and then of the last EBFs. PB6.5 doesn't know what to do with ODBC4. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post....

connect from MS access to ASE 12.5 though ODBC
Hallo group, I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on my windows 2000 PC to my Sybase ASE 12.5 Server running on a Solaris 8 server over ODBC. The ODBC driver is named "Sybase ASE ODBC driver" version "3.70.00.20" I get a connection to the database but if I choose a table I get the error: "Reserved Error (-7748); there is no Message on this error". Any ideas? Regards Thomas This was answered in another thread. Please do NOT post the same message to more than one newsgroup. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] ...

Accessing MS Access through the DBI ODBC
Hi all, I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable = to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no = password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot = connect. Please help. Regards, Javier Moreno Hi Javier, > I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot connect. Please help. > 1. Create an ODBC connection via %Sys...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection to MS ACCESS - sybase.sqlserver.nt

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack