ODBC Connection problems...

I'm attempting to connect to SQL Server through a ODBC source. I can
conncect through normal means, but when I try to set it up for ODBC it
cannot connect. Does any one have any ideas? The error code that I am
getting is -1 for PB and 999 for SQL Server. This is the exact text:
SQLSTATE = IM001 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not support
this function

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Jacob Aldridge

0
Jacob
9/13/1999 1:18:43 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

> I'm attempting to connect to SQL Server through a ODBC source. I can
> conncect through normal means, but when I try to set it up for ODBC it
> cannot connect. Does any one have any ideas? The error code that I am
> getting is -1 for PB and 999 for SQL Server. This is the exact text:
> SQLSTATE = IM001 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver does not
> support this function
Perhaps an obvious question, but are you using the right ODBC driver? (Called "Sybase System 11").

Can you connect using MSQuery or similar (rather than through PB)?

Eoin.
--
Eoin Woods, Enterprise Systems Management & Diagnostics, Sybase Inc.
Sybase (UK), Crown Lane, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8QZ

Problems with sqlServer ODBC connection
Hi, I have PowerBuild 9.02. And Sqlserver database (in spanish). It is a Sqlserver Navison database. With this kind of sentences SELECT v_of_lin_cierre_operarios.num_of, v_of_lin_cierre_operarios.lin_of, FROM {oj v_of_lin_cierre_operarios LEFT OUTER JOIN v_maquinas ON v_of_lin_cierre_operarios.id_maquina = v_maquinas.id_maquina LEFT OUTER JOIN v_usuario ON v_of_lin_cierre_operarios.id_usuario = v_usuario.id_usuario} WHERE ((v_of_lin_cierre_operarios.id_usuario = :p_id_usuario) OR (:p_id_usuario is NULL) OR (:p_id_usuario= '')) AND (...

Problem wit migrating Informix Firedac ODBC connection to Infx Connection
Now Firedac in XE6 supports Informix natively besides odbc, i decided to use the native way from now on. However, i came up with some odd behaviour: Take the following query: select * from fys_punt_im where nummer = "1000"; Where column nummer is of type varchar(10). When executing this query using Firedac Infx connection i get the error: ERROR: SQL state: 42S22. Native error: -217. Error message: [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Column (1000) not found in any table in the query (or SLV is undefined). However when executing the same query using Firedac ODBC conn...

ODBC connection problem
I am an experience PowerBuilder Enterprise and ASA user. I am at PB Enterprise 11.2 latest update, and ASA 9.0.2 latest update. The OS on the target machine is either Vista 32 bit or XP 32 bit. I am having problems getting my application to the read the ODBC data for the second database connection. On the development computer, Vista 64 bit, all works well. My program has two database connections. One for a local database and one to a remote database that collects data to do billing. On the target machines the program connects to the local database without any problem. When...

ODBC connection problems
I am new to SQL Anywhere using version 5.5.01. When I try to establish an ODBC connection from a client machine to a network server, it usually takes between 30 and 45 seconds to establish the connection. This seems terribly slow and makes quick on-the-fly queries impracticable. Am I missing something?. I specify a server name and database name in the ODBC dsn definition but is there any more I can do to say where the network server is running? I use TCP/IP and 32bit Netware client software on windows 95 and NT 4. Also, if there is no way around this problem, is it possible to leav...

connection odbc problem
I have a database made wiht asa 7.0 I'm connect with ODBC. Befor in ODBC profile, i have checked supply user ID and password. for development, i have write the userid and the password directly into the odbc profile. Now, i must distribue my little application. I have delete the userid and the password. My code for connect is : string ls_connect ls_connect = "connectstring='DSN=DBNAME;UID=AAAAA;PWD=ZZZZZ'" sqlca.dbms = "ODBC" sqlca.dbparm = ls_connect sqlca.userid = sle_userid.text connect using sqlca; My problem is that now, the odbc ask me...

ODBC Connection Problem
Hi all... I am working on a website that uses both asp and asp.net Right now the asp connection to the Access database works fine (using DNS), but when my asp.net pages try to access the Access database using DNS and ODBC, this is the error I am getting: "ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'.  It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data." Here is my connection code (C#): OdbcCommand dbCommAgent = new OdbcCommand(); OdbcConnection dbConnection = ne...

Problem with ODBC on NT
Hi there, Client: ODBC 3.0.11 (EBF 8008) & VB/RDO Server : Sybase 11.5 (UNIX) Problem: ODBC will failed with [s1000]. If I tried to step throught the call again from VB, it work. It only failed on the first query. Pee T. Lim limpt@nu.com ...

ODBC connect problem
I use PB v 6.5 build 444 on Windows ME. I can not connect to MS Access database. When I try to open list of tables in Database painter I get an error message: "SQLSTATE=S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range" PS It looks like I have same problem in Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Thanks for any suggestion Try 6.5.1. On Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:33:34 -0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity Stan <sshvabsky@yahoo.com> wrote: >I use PB v 6.5 build 444 on Windows ME. >I can not connect to MS Access database. When I try to ...

ODBC Connection problem
Hi,... PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Anywhere 7.0 PIII 600 128 MB RAM Problem is: when i made my ini file to connect to the database, if their is any problem with connection the ODBC window appear, how can i disappear this window, i'd like to manage this window, and display my own message -- --- Thanks... Osama Diab diab98@hotmail.com i-o@link.net ...

ODBC Connecting Problem
Hi there, I'm using ASP and Sybase ASE 11.9.2. And I encountered a connection issue, when the .asp try connect to production db server (it works fine for development server). The follwoing is the error msg :- Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out. Any idea ? Thanks in advance. rgs, cslook Are your production server avaliable through network? Had you tried a ping? Had been you configured ...

ODBC connection problem
Hello, I'm attempting to establish an ODBC connection within a PowerBuilder developed Jaguar component. I've tested the exact connection within a simple PowerBuilder client server application (using "n_tr") and the connection works fine. However, when I attempt to connect this transaction within the Jaguar component I get the following: SQLCODE=-1 SQLDBCODE=999 SQLERRTEXT="An invalid handle was passed in a call to the database driver." This is a non-cache connection (i.e. I populate and connect the transaction within an object function in the compo...

Problem with ODBC connection
Hi, I have installed the ODBC drivers in one Win NT Server, and my application will use them to connect to a Sybase database located in other machine. When the connection is established I get the following error: [08001][INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found. What could be the cause of the problem? Sounds to me like the server entry is missing from the SQL.INI file this file is usually found in $SYBASE\ini\sql.ini it is usually not edited by hand, but...

odbc connect problem
On my machine Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 3 I run successfully and connect to a DB2 database. When I put the compiled application on a user's machine which has (under Programs, a selection that says db2 for Windows NT) and run I get the following error: SQLDBCode 999 SQLerrtext DBMX ODBC is not supported in your current installation Does anyone have a light to shed on this one? Thanks Jerry OBrien You are missing the file DBODBxx.DLL or it is not in the path. Note xx is the version of the DLL. . /ck "Jerry OBrien" <obrienje@o...

odbc connection problems
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0090_01C7921A.56B97C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everyone, =20 When I use ODBC to connect Microsoft SQL Server 2000.=20 The following statement will occure error=20 select emp_no,adj_date into :is_emp_no,:is_sdate from pr1sar10 tb1 where = tb1.emp_no=3D:as_emp_no and tb1.sdate=3D(select max(tb2.sdate) from = pr1sar10 tb2 where tb2.emp_no=3D:as_emp_no and tb2.sdate<=3D:as_sdate); The error message is=20 sqlcode=3D-1 sqldbcode=3D999 ...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection problems... - sybase.sqlserver.nt

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...