ODBC Connection Errors

I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a
seemingly common problem which I am experiencing.

I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4)
via ODBC
(DAO360) but am getting the following error message:

"[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network
packet layer:
internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to
disconnect."

The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do
not!
Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solution?

Many thanks

Glen
0
glenmaroney
12/4/2000 4:58:54 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I am receiving the same error after adding a new database to my v11x server.
Have contacted a consultant and will update when I have an answer.
<glenmaroney@breathe.com> wrote in message
> I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a
> seemingly common problem which I am experiencing.
>
> I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version
10.0.3T4)
> via ODBC
> (DAO360) but am getting the following error message:
>
> "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network
> packet layer:
> internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to
> disconnect."
>
> The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do
> not!
> Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solution?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Glen

0
Jim
1/19/2001 2:50:16 AM
We�re having the same problem here, and we could not find any answer yet.
Did anyone find a workaround for this issue?

<glenmaroney@breathe.com> wrote in message
> I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a
> seemingly common problem which I am experiencing.
>
> I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version
10.0.3T4)
> via ODBC
> (DAO360) but am getting the following error message:
>
> "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network
> packet layer:
> internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to
> disconnect."
>
> The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do
> not!
> Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solution?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Glen

0
Heko
--------------BC5FCA05E0EE06D1D716650F

Jim Gould wrote:

> I am receiving the same error after adding a new database to my v11x server.
> Have contacted a consultant and will update when I have an answer.
> <glenmaroney@breathe.com> wrote in message
> > I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a
> > seemingly common problem which I am experiencing.
> >
> > I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version
> 10.0.3T4)
> > via ODBC
> > (DAO360) but am getting the following error message:
> >
> > "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network
> > packet layer:
> > internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to
> > disconnect."
> >
> > The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do
> > not!
> > Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solution?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Glen

Hi Jim,

Can you enable ODBC trace and post the output to the newsgroup for a failing
connection?

--------------BC5FCA05E0EE06D1D716650F

begin:vcard
n:Froebe;Jason
tel;pager:n/a
tel;cell:n/a
tel;fax:773-864-7288
tel;home:n/a
tel;work:1-800-8SYBASE
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.sybase.com
org:Sybase, Inc.;ASE Product Support Engineering
adr:;;8755 W Higgins Road Suite 1100;Chicago;IL;60631;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:jfroebe@sybase.com
title:Product Support Engineer (PSE)
x-mozilla-cpt:;12192
fn:Jason Froebe
end:vcard

--------------BC5FCA05E0EE06D1D716650F--

0
Jason
1/24/2001 3:39:36 PM
I found the answer, at least in my situation:

Used sp_configure and checked the number of user connections.  Mine was set
to 50.  I had added a third database and so effectively increased my user
connections by 1/2, (1 connection per user per database.)  I upped my user
connections to 100, and have not seen the error since.  Be careful, though,
depending on system resources, setting this too high can cause things like
database dumps, etc. to fail.  The System Administrators Guide explains this
at length.  I remember seeing a formula somewhere for determing a safe
number.  Hope this helps someone.  I've found lots of answers here without
ever posting a question.   Thanks....
"Jason Froebe" <jfroebe@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Jim Gould wrote:
>
> > I am receiving the same error after adding a new database to my v11x
server.
> > Have contacted a consultant and will update when I have an answer.
> > <glenmaroney@breathe.com> wrote in message
> > > I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with
> > > seemingly common problem which I am experiencing.
> > >
> > > I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version
> > 10.0.3T4)
> > > via ODBC
> > > (DAO360) but am getting the following error message:
> > >
> > > "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network
> > > packet layer:
> > > internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to
> > > disconnect."
> > >
> > > The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others
do
> > > not!
> > > Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solution?
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > >
> > > Glen
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Can you enable ODBC trace and post the output to the newsgroup for a
failing
> connection?

Jim

ODBC error when connect from Win95/NT
I get this error when trying to connect from Access 97. Any ideas? [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed. [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_connect():protocol specific layer;external eror: The attempt to connect to the server failed. Thanks, Jackie jackieg@osd.org On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:27:40 -0700, "Jackie Gawlik" <jackieg@osd.org> wrote: >I get this error when trying to connect from Access 97. Any ideas? >[Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed. >[Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL ...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC
Hi, I am attempting to create an ODBC profile in (in ODBC administrator) and "test connect", and I get "Connection failed: Request to start/stop database denied". This happens on a database just created via Sybase Central on an NT 4.0 Server. I can create the profile and connect just fine on my Win98 client - Win 98 ODBC profile connects just fine to DB created on the NT4.0 or the Win98. Any Ideas? TIA!!! Hi, this error comes if you try to connect to an server (dbsrv6) and the db file needs to be loaded at runtime. If the db file was in the startline...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Error with ODBC Connection
I got an error when I tried to attach a sybase table in Access 2.0. The error message is: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Allocation of a Sybase Open Client Context failed. Sybase normally generates a SYBINIT.ERR file containing more specific reasons for failing. The SYBINIT.ERR file in the \ACCESS20\ directory is empty, however. I'm using Sybase 10 ODBC. Please help! Ming mingpan@netscape.net The problem you're expiriencing is the lack of environment variables for your OC. You have to set up in your station the following variables: SYBASE=OCPath INCL...

ODBC Connection Error
Good Day! We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is OK. I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment of a COM component. I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my odbc setup or i was not av...

ODBC error by connect
I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How can I solve this problem? PBODBxx.dll is not installed or on the path. /ck <John_O'brien> wrote in message news:FA45F1550D806FFB00723AD185256B7C.00723B3985256B7C@webforums... > I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power > Builder, I...

Connection Error in ODBC
I have the next error: [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client Library error: error string not available. The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. The S.O. is Windows 2000 or XP ..... Can send me anything... for this problem..!!!!!!! Thanks... Sergio_Blanco wrote... > I have the next error: > > [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client > Library error: error string not available. > > The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. > The S.O. is Windows 2000 or X...

ODBC Connection Error
Hi, I have an oracle database server, and many clients who want to connect to it.Error during the connection (after CONNECT USING sqlca;) : "An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver." My connection is well configured (SQL*NET8 installed on the client computer), ODBC for Oracle Driver installed, and this connection code : sqlca.DBMS = "ODBC" sqlca.DBParm="ConnectString='DSN=ccbpprod;UID=ALTAIR;PWD=ALTAIR',DelimitIdentifier='No'" Any idea of the problem ??? Thanks Steve Which version of the net8 cl...

Connecting ODBC error
Hi, Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range how i solve it, Thank u from, tan Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. /ck "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6NB1YtfBCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE > = S1003 ...

Error in ODBC connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4111bbc5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have a Sybase ASE12.5 server installed on a Sun solaris machine. The server is working fine. I can connect to it from the xterminal and also from the Sybase 12.5 client. Now I need to confidure the ODBC connection too. I installed the Sybase DirectConnect TDS driver. But am not able to connect. I provided the right server ip, prot number, username and password but I keep getting the "DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION&quo...

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection Errors - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...