Multiple Listeners not running

I am trying to configure Sql Server 11.0.3 to listen on 2 TCP/IP addresses
at the same time. The server has 2 nic cards each with a unique IP address.
When I configure the sql.ini file to listen on either the first or second
card and restart the server, it works perfectly on whatever address I have
it configured and can be accessed.

When I try to put 2 master entries in the sql.ini file for that server,
each with it's own IP address, the connection fails when attempting to
access the second IP address. I have tried it with using the same port
number and using different port numbers. When the 2 addresses are in the
interfaces file, the first will still work.

Has anyone set up this kind of configuration and got it to work. I would be
interested in any tips that you can give.

Thx, Dave
0
david
8/8/2000 3:02:44 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi David,

Might help if you post your sql.ini file that shows your two entries.

-bret

david.brough@nygard.com wrote:

> I am trying to configure Sql Server 11.0.3 to listen on 2 TCP/IP addresses
> at the same time. The server has 2 nic cards each with a unique IP address.
> When I configure the sql.ini file to listen on either the first or second
> card and restart the server, it works perfectly on whatever address I have
> it configured and can be accessed.
>
> When I try to put 2 master entries in the sql.ini file for that server,
> each with it's own IP address, the connection fails when attempting to
> access the second IP address. I have tried it with using the same port
> number and using different port numbers. When the 2 addresses are in the
> interfaces file, the first will still work.
>
> Has anyone set up this kind of configuration and got it to work. I would be
> interested in any tips that you can give.
>
> Thx, Dave

0
Bret