How to run a sql stored in a variable inside a stored procedure ?

Hi,

I am having a situation that needs a sql to be run in a stored
procedure, stored in a local variable. Basically the where clause is
constructed based on certain criteria. If anybody knows a workaround for
this please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Ganesh Salem

0
Ganesh
7/19/1999 5:02:03 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

After adding your servername to sysservers database and creating a remote
account, you can use remote procedure calls to the same server itself. For
more information on creating a remote user account and adding your
servername to sysservers system table please see your software
documentation.

Gokhan DEMIR

Ganesh V Salem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a situation that needs a sql to be run in a stored
> procedure, stored in a local variable. Basically the where clause is
> constructed based on certain criteria. If anybody knows a workaround for
> this please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ganesh Salem

0
Gokhan
7/19/1999 10:39:30 PM
Ganesh V Salem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having a situation that needs a sql to be run in a stored
> procedure, stored in a local variable. Basically the where clause is
> constructed based on certain criteria. If anybody knows a workaround for
> this please let me know.

This will be supported directly in the 12.0 release of ASE.

In the meantime, there is a workaround using sp_remotesql against the
"local" server.  Do a search for "sp_remotesql" at http://www.deja.com
to find detailed examples.
--
Bret Halford
Sybase Technical Support

MS SQL stored procedures inside another stored procedure
Hi,  Do you know how to write stored procedures inside another stored procedure in MS SQL.   Create procedure spMyProc inputData varchar(50) AS  ----- some logical    procedure spMyProc inputInsideData varchar(10) AS    --- some logical   ---  go ------- What exactly are tou trying to do? ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Like Function, you can have one function inside another another function. Function1 () {    Function2() } How about store procedure ? spProc1 { &n...

Calling a stored procedure inside another stored procedure (or "nested stored procedures")
Hi all - I'm trying to optimized my stored procedures to be a bit easier to maintain, and am sure this is possible, not am very unclear on the syntax to doing this correctly.  For example, I have a simple stored procedure that takes a string as a parameter, and returns its resolved index that corresponds to a record in my database. ie exec dbo.DeriveStatusID 'Created' returns an int value as 1 (performed by "SELECT statusID FROM statusList WHERE statusName= 'Created')  but I also have a second stored procedure that needs to make reference to&n...

Running a stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a stored procedure (A), which I need to call from another stored procedure (B). The data pulled from (B) is then inserted into a temporary table. The problem I am having is the stored procedure is in a loop, and it only runs once. I need it to run each time the statement loops. For example: In the cursor I have, there are 3 rows, so the statement should return 3 rows. However, only 1 row is returned, it looks like the stored procedure is only one once. What do I have to do to get it to loop?? DECLARE dCURSOR CURSOR FOR select ID, value1, value2 from table; OPEN dCU...

Running stored procedure within a stored procedure
I have a custom built users table for storing some values and I am also utilizing the aspnet_Users table. I want to delete a user from my users tables then execute the aspnet_Users_DeleteUser sproc and pass into the stored procedure the username of the user to delete because the DeleteUser method requires this. When I execute the command from within my asp.net web application I get the exception below. Both values are being obtained from the asp.net application and are represented in my DAL that is also below. Any thoughts as to why I am receiving this exception? Thanks. Procedure or functi...

how to store multiple result in a variable on sql server stored procedure
 name               age            weightaaa                    23                50bbb                    23                60ccc                    ...

Storing stored procedure to variable?
 I have a stored procedure which wills returns 4 columns/fields. However, I need to add a ‘header’ on top of the returned results. I am trying to store the stored procedure result to a variable, then union the header. But below doesn’t seem to work .. please advice. Declare @result varchar(4000)Set @result = exec dbo.getData ‘ this will return 4 columns Select ‘id’,’name’,’age’,’status’ UNION Select @result    y can't you do this in your stored procedure? Select ‘id’,’name’,’age’,’status’ UNION select your fields from tables ...............Give a man a fis...

To catch Errors of Triggers and to store in a variable, inside a cursor in Stored Procedure
Exists any way to get a error of triggers in a stored procedure? Ex. I have a procedure sp_test create proc sp_test as Begin declare @message varchar(255), @field_1 int, @field_2 int declare cursor_test cursor for select field_1, field_2 from tab_1 open cursor_test fetch cursor_test into @field_1, @field_2 while @@sqlstatus <> 2 begin insert into tab_test ( field_1, field_2 ) Values ( @field_1, ...

SQL Stored Procedure Issue
This is the Stored Procedure below ->  SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON GOSET ANSI_NULLS ON GO /****** Object:  Stored Procedure dbo.BPI_SearchArchivedBatches    Script Date: 5/18/2007 11:28:41 AM ******/if exists (select * from dbo.sysobjects where id = object_id(N'[dbo].[BPI_SearchArchivedBatches]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsProcedure') = 1)drop procedure [dbo].[BPI_SearchArchivedBatches]GO /****** Object:  Stored Procedure dbo.BPI_SearchArchivedBatches    Script Date: 4/3/2007 4:50:23 PM ******/ /****** Object:  Stored Proc...

SQL Stored Procedure to MySQL Stored Procedure Conversion
Hi, I am trying to convert a stored procedure written for sql to one that will work in mysql. I understand that I have to set the variables as IN , but I don't know what to do with the rest of the code. The following is the sql stored procedure that I am trying to convert to msql stored procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE Register_User (@userName Varchar(50), (@PassWord Varchar(50), (@FirstName Varchar(50), (@LastName Varchar(50) ) AS IF EXISTS(SELECT u_ID FROM User_ID Where u_UserName=@UserName) RETURN -1 ELSE INSERT User_ID( u_User...

stored procedure. The c# code run stored procedure.
 CREATE PROCEDURE GetThreadMessages @iThreadID int AS SELECT message_id, thread_id, user_id, first_names, last_name, email, subject, body, date_submitted, category_name, category_id, last_edited FROM message_view WHERE thread_id = @iThreadID ORDER BY date_submitted asc For update ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CREATE PROCEDURE UpdateThreadMessages @iThreadID int @name varchar(50) AS UPDATE message_view SET first_names = @name FROM message_view ...

calling a store procedure inside another stored procedure
CREATE PROCEDURE `sp_test`.`proc_tot_record`(FK_sites_COL INT ) BEGIN SELECT COUNT(*) FROM tbl_virtual_drive WHERE tbl_virtual_drive.FK_sites = FK_sites_COL; END CREATE PROCEDURE `test`.`paging_with_param`(FK_Sites_COL INT, Start_Limit_COL INT, End_Limit_COL INT) BEGINPREPARE STMT FROM "SELECTtbl_virtual_drive.PK_virtual_drive,tbl_virtual_drive.file_name,tbl_virtual_drive.file_extension,tbl_virtual_drive.FK_sitesFROMtbl_virtual_driveWHEREtbl_virtual_drive.FK_sites = ?ORDER BYtbl_virtual_drive.file_nameLIMIT ?,?";EXECUTE STMT USING @FK_Sites, @Start_Limit, @End_Limit...

sql count using stored procedure withing stored procedure
I have a stored procedure that among other things needs to get a total of hours worked. These hours are totaled by another stored procedure already. I would like to call the totaling stored procedure once for each user which required a loop sort of thing for each user name in a temporary table (already done) total = result from execute totaling stored procedure Can you help with this Thanks It would be easier if you can change the stored procedure into a function. Once you do that, the total can be calculated easily with something like thisSelect Sum(dbo.CalculateHours(User...

call one stored procedure from inside another stored procedure
How do you call one stored procedure from inside another stored procedure and return a value?Does this hinder performance?Which is better, do it as above, or have a .NET method calling the stored procedure A, getting the value it returns and then passing it to stored procedure B?  You can use "EXEC your stored procedure name" in a stored procedure to call another stored procedure and this way will be faster than call A and then B from web app.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Cheers JimmyM, thanks for that. How can I pass parameters from o...

How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures
Hi All, I am migrating from sql server2000 to oracle. I have moved all table into oracle manually. Now I need to move stored procedure. I don't know how to convert sql server stored procedure into oracle stored procedure form. Is there any tool which will convert directly. Please some one help me. Thank you.    Hi there,Please use the tool bellow, which does the job you want. http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html thanks sharp guy...

Web resources about - How to run a sql stored in a variable inside a stored procedure ? - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Parliamentary procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom , from which it derives its name. In the United States, parliamentary procedure ...

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

Catholic hospital allowed to deny sterilization procedure, judge says
Hospital in California argued that the procedure known as ​tubal ligation would violate its religious freedom

TSA Updates Screening Procedure, Will Mandate Some Passengers Use Full-Body Scanners
... Imaging Technologies, or AIT, in favor of full-body pat-downs by TSA agents. Under the new mandate, not everyone can opt for the pat-down procedure. ...