Files installed for ASE client on NT

Greetings,

I want to install the ASE 11.5 client (NT) as part of my application's
installation.  I need to know what files are installed and where, and what
Registry entries are created.  If any OCXs need to be registered, etc. I
need that information too.  Please email me a list so I can build my
installer.

Thanks,
Edwin Jaqua

0
Edwin
9/8/1999 9:43:10 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Files installed for ASE client on NT #2
Greetings, I want to install the ASE 11.5 client (NT) as part of my application's installation. I need to know what files are installed and where, and what Registry entries are created. If any OCXs need to be registered, etc. I need that information too. Please email me a list so I can build my installer. Thanks, Edwin Jaqua ...

Updated NT/2K Client and Server NT/2K installation steps.
Because of differing environments it has been pointed out that the instructions supplied with the Windows Client and Server EBF installs has not worked consistently for everyone. Attached are new instructions that should be more encompassing. Thanks begin 666 NewWinServerSetup.txt M,2D@1&5L971E(&%N>2!$4TXG<R!T:&%T('=E<F4@8W)E871E9"!F;W(@05-! M(&1A=&%B87-E<PT*(" @*&EE+B!T:&4@26UP86-T($%U=&@@1&%T86)A<V4I M+@T*#0HR*2!2=6X@(FEM<&%C=#4S<W95;G)E9RYC;60B(&QO8V%T960@:6X@ M>6]U<B!);7!A8W0M-5\S(&1I...

ASA - NT vs. ASE
Can asa on NT handle 100, possibly 150+ concurrent users doing complex queries? At what point should ASE on NT be considered over ASA on NT? Is there any threshold (or rule of thumb) for the number of concurrent users for ASA? Thanks, Reggie The answer is always "it depends". Number of users is one factor, but volume of transactions and complexity of queries are more significant factors. We do have customers with 150-200 concurrent users on an ASA server. Keep in mind that ASA supports multiple processors, so it is most likely just a question of sizing the ...

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

ASE NT client?
Where can I find an ASE NT client? I mainly work on ASE solaris.. tell you the truth.. I know nothing in NT.. :) benny If you have the cd's there should be one for Winodws NT, pc client. <Benny_Pei> wrote in message news:21BE956177B6659C0070129785256AFD.007012A685256AFD@webforums... > Where can I find an ASE NT client? I mainly work on ASE solaris.. tell you > the truth.. I know nothing in NT.. :) > > benny ...

NT page file
We have a client running a relatively large database on an NT 4 machine who feels that there is a degree of disk thrashing going on. He says that he is seeing paging file writes at a rate of 20 pages per second at times, and feels that anything above 4 per second is high and that this suggests that NT doesn't have enough memory at its disposal. He wonders if he should reduce the database cache to provide it. Config: Dual Pentium III 866, 1GB RAM System and Log and temp files on RAID 1 (two disks), around 9GB Database files on RAID 5 (three disks), around 18GB NT 4 (not sur...

ASE cluster NT installation
Hello, I have installed ASE 11.9.2 on a Compaq Proliant 1600 NT Server Enterprise Edition 4.0 Clustered configuration and all is working OK. I have followed the instructions of the document number 20205 of Sybase techinfo. I have tried to install two network cards on the servers and I can work with them without using the "cluster option". My problem is that I have configured the ASE address at address 192.168.100.200 (for the first nic on the server), so all the workstations that are 192.168.100.x are working OK. I have added a new resource, the IP address 192.168.101.200...

Client Install on NT 4.0
Will this require a reboot? Michelle wrote... > Will this require a reboot? > If you use the Java installer it will. In fact, you must have the CD in the drive after the reboot. But, I might be confusing the server and client installs. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services Well, I was hoping to let you know the results (whether or not a reboot was required). But, unfortunately, I am getting an error: failed to move or copy files error code -27. I believe that it does the first to pieces of the install (the first two components th...

Install Client 6.5 on NT
--____LFKSEJCWWHPEPQYSAQXE____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, wie are trying to install the GW6.5 sp1 client on a blank NT station. The wms intalls fine but then we got the message : Error: "Unable to open = packing.lst. Please contact System Administrator"=20 It works fine with the 6.5.1 client on XP stations and also with the = original client 6.5.0 from the GroupWise CD on NT stations. The Netware client is the 4.8.3 SP1. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance, Erik =20 Mit f...

NT 4.0 Client install not finishing
I have a laptop running NT 4.0 and when I install the client, everything seems to install the correctly the way it installed on other computers. When the install is done, I select Finish, the iprint screen doesn't show any printers. If I exit out and come back in, The client wants to install again. Any clues on why it doesn't seem to finish the install. Thanks Which iPrint client version is that ? -- Regards, Kai Reichert Novell Support Forum Sysop There is an old saying that if a million monkeys typed on a million keyboards for a million years, eventually al...

NT ASE 12.0 and System32 Files
Hello, Windows NT/Sybase 12.0 ASE Moving to Windows 2000 The Sybase install comes with ten dll files in the \sybase\sysdll\Windows NT\WinNT\system32 directory. Depending on the components selected, the Sybase installer will replace an existing dll in the \winnt\system32 directory. I had originally thought the Sybase installer only prompted to replace earlier versions of the dll file. When installing on Windows 2000, however, Sybase prompts to replace a later version of the msvcrt.dll file. I can't imagine this being a good thing. Does anyone have more informati...

ASE NT and device/file usage-performance?
Anyone, Having come from the ASE on Solaris world where we used Raw devices I know very little about performance in reagrds to devices on an NT installation. Do you gain anything by using many smaller devices instead of just several big ones for a server/device setup? Should I have many smaller ones to build out my server? Obviously all these end up being is files in NT so what do I gain/lose and why? I am making sure that all log devices are on one physical drive and all data devices are on another physical drive. Not only for recoverability but hoping performance as well...

imposible to install Client 4.9+SP1a on NT
I get following messages on all our NT stations with an older Client (4.71) when I try ti install Client 4.9 Please insert "Novell Client for Windows NT Disk 1 English" How can I fix this? I dont have any disks called "Novell Client for Windows NT Disk 1 English" On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 09:30:56 GMT, Dave <Dave.The@teleatlas.com> wrote: >I get following messages on all our NT stations with an older Client (4.71) >when I try ti install Client 4.9 Please insert "Novell Client for Windows NT Disk 1 English" > >How can I fix this? &g...

ase 12.0 Server on Unix with NT clients
Is there a configuration option for the ASE 12.0 server to enable WindowsNT Clients to communicate with the server? On my unix server I have configured the server to listen on port 4100. All the unix clients can connect to the ASE 12.0 server. Unfortunately none of the WindowsNT clients can connect to this port. But, the WindowsNT clients can connect to other ports on this server. Any ideas? Bob Hart (Atlantic Coast Telesys) email rdhart@actelesys.com ...

Web resources about - Files installed for ASE client on NT - sybase.sqlserver.nt

States of India by installed power capacity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
^ "ALL INDIA REGIONWISE GENERATING INSTALLED CAPACITY OF POWER" (PDF) . Central Electricity Authority, Ministry of Power, Government of India. ...

Facebook, Messenger Pre-Installed on New Nokia 215, Nokia 215 Dual SIM Low-Cost Handsets
Facebook and Facebook Messenger are among the preinstalled applications on the new Nokia 215 and Nokia 215 Dual SIM entry-level phones from Microsoft ...

Installed a new HDD - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Seagate 100GB, 7200RPM in the 3 year old PowerBook.

FIRST EVER IPAD MINI INSTALLED INTO DASH OF A CAR - YouTube
Soundwaves of Tampa is the first to install a iPad Mini into a dash of a car. Please check us out and build pics at http://Facebook.com/soundwavesoftampa ...

Queensland's first Bitcoin ATM installed in South Brisbane
What is believed to be Queensland&#8217;s first Bitcoin ATM is up and running at a South Brisbane cafe, allowing customers to withdraw and sell ...

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

Giant Gollum installed at airport ahead of Hobbit film
A 12 metre-long sculpture carved using robotics and chainsaws has been installed at Wellington Airport ahead of The Hobbit premiere.