Files installed for ASE client on NT #2

Greetings,

I want to install the ASE 11.5 client (NT) as part of my application's
installation.  I need to know what files are installed and where, and what
Registry entries are created.  If any OCXs need to be registered, etc. I
need that information too.  Please email me a list so I can build my
installer.

Thanks,
Edwin Jaqua

0
Edwin
9/8/1999 9:41:04 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Files installed for ASE client on NT
Greetings, I want to install the ASE 11.5 client (NT) as part of my application's installation. I need to know what files are installed and where, and what Registry entries are created. If any OCXs need to be registered, etc. I need that information too. Please email me a list so I can build my installer. Thanks, Edwin Jaqua ...

Updated NT/2K Client and Server NT/2K installation steps.
Because of differing environments it has been pointed out that the instructions supplied with the Windows Client and Server EBF installs has not worked consistently for everyone. Attached are new instructions that should be more encompassing. Thanks begin 666 NewWinServerSetup.txt M,2D@1&5L971E(&%N>2!$4TXG<R!T:&%T('=E<F4@8W)E871E9"!F;W(@05-! M(&1A=&%B87-E<PT*(" @*&EE+B!T:&4@26UP86-T($%U=&@@1&%T86)A<V4I M+@T*#0HR*2!2=6X@(FEM<&%C=#4S<W95;G)E9RYC;60B(&QO8V%T960@:6X@ M>6]U<B!);7!A8W0M-5\S(&1I...

ASE 11.9.2 NT Eval install problem
After *finally* getting the complete zip of the ASE 11.9.2 demo for WinNT, I am having problems getting a complete installation. After what seems to be the completion of the file copy phase, I get a Dr.Watson in _INS0432._MP.exe, which I believe to be an InstallShield executable. No shortcuts or services are created. I have seen a very similar condition with the installation of ActiveState PERL, on a different NT machine. Has anyone come across this? Perhaps a problem with InstallShield? I am getting the same error but in ASE 11.5.1. I have posted the error in a seperate messa...

ASE NT Install error: Could not load 3D dialog DLL #2
Hi, I just loaded a fresh install of NT 4.0 with SP 3 on a PII 350/128 Mb on a new hard drive and downloaded the latest demo version of ASE. As soon as the install starts to run it gives the following error: "Could not load 3D dialog DLL" and stops. Any ideas how to solve this? Regards, Christopher ...

how to install ASE 11.9.2 for NT on microsoft wolfpack cluster system
hi everyone: if have any answer,please send to record@mail.sc.cninfo.net as well, thanks. > if have any answer,please send to record@mail.sc.cninfo.net as well, See: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=20205 This is applicable to 11.9.x as well as 11.0 and 11.5 (which the document talks about). Cheers, Eoin. -- Eoin Woods, Enterprise Systems Management & Diagnostics, Sybase Inc. Sybase (UK), Crown Lane, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 8QZ Tel: +44-1628-597215 Fax: +44-1628-597000 Email: Eoin.Woods@sybase.com ...

Win NT Client Connection to ASE 11.9.2 on RedHat 7
Hi All I've been trying to get a client connection from either a Win NT or a Windows 98 PC to a sybase server running on RedHat 7. I did this previously with RedHat 6.2 and had no problems once I had set up my interfaces file on the client PC. Since upgrading to RedHat 7 all I get when attempting to the server via Sybase Central is the standard "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" - I've double checked the interfaces file on the Linux box and on the Windows boxes and they ...

ASA - NT vs. ASE
Can asa on NT handle 100, possibly 150+ concurrent users doing complex queries? At what point should ASE on NT be considered over ASA on NT? Is there any threshold (or rule of thumb) for the number of concurrent users for ASA? Thanks, Reggie The answer is always "it depends". Number of users is one factor, but volume of transactions and complexity of queries are more significant factors. We do have customers with 150-200 concurrent users on an ASA server. Keep in mind that ASA supports multiple processors, so it is most likely just a question of sizing the ...

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

ASE NT client?
Where can I find an ASE NT client? I mainly work on ASE solaris.. tell you the truth.. I know nothing in NT.. :) benny If you have the cd's there should be one for Winodws NT, pc client. <Benny_Pei> wrote in message news:21BE956177B6659C0070129785256AFD.007012A685256AFD@webforums... > Where can I find an ASE NT client? I mainly work on ASE solaris.. tell you > the truth.. I know nothing in NT.. :) > > benny ...

NT page file
We have a client running a relatively large database on an NT 4 machine who feels that there is a degree of disk thrashing going on. He says that he is seeing paging file writes at a rate of 20 pages per second at times, and feels that anything above 4 per second is high and that this suggests that NT doesn't have enough memory at its disposal. He wonders if he should reduce the database cache to provide it. Config: Dual Pentium III 866, 1GB RAM System and Log and temp files on RAID 1 (two disks), around 9GB Database files on RAID 5 (three disks), around 18GB NT 4 (not sur...

can i move all device files from one 11.0.2 installation to another 11.0.2 installation with their server.cfg files ?
are there any problems n doing this ? ...

NT File System #2
Has anyone ever experienced a problem starting a DB Server process on an NT machine where the disk drives are formatted with NTFS ? we can start the server process fine if the disk is partitioned as FAT, NTFS returns "unable to locate DB File" Our environment is WindowsNT 4.0 SP4, SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 Build 1897 Thanks Greg Kalten gkalten@fcg.com I've seen problems with this but it's usually just a matter of setup. I run all NTFS on my NT Server at home and starting the server db engine is no problem. Check to make sure the files are reference prope...

ASE cluster NT installation
Hello, I have installed ASE 11.9.2 on a Compaq Proliant 1600 NT Server Enterprise Edition 4.0 Clustered configuration and all is working OK. I have followed the instructions of the document number 20205 of Sybase techinfo. I have tried to install two network cards on the servers and I can work with them without using the "cluster option". My problem is that I have configured the ASE address at address 192.168.100.200 (for the first nic on the server), so all the workstations that are 192.168.100.x are working OK. I have added a new resource, the IP address 192.168.101.200...

install of 11.9.2 on nt
I am trying to install 11.9.2 ase plugin for sybase central. Thats all I need to do. But everytime I try I get "-INS0432_MP.EXE" "Exception access violation (0xc0000005),Address: 0x6e65696c" this is from Dr. Watson My machine is an HP LX Pro with 4 pentium pro 200 mhz processors and .5 gig of memory. Any ideas??? Help Bruce Don't know the cause of this problem I'm afraid but noticed that the exception address 6e65696c happens to be the ascii representation of the name 'neil'. What bearing this has on anything I don't know! cheer...

Web resources about - Files installed for ASE client on NT #2 - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Pre-installed software - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bundled software is another name for pre-installed software, as pre-installed are all bundled with a hardware device of some kind. However, bundled ...

REPORT: Facebook Home Can Be Installed On All Android Devices Running 4.0 And Up
The good news: Facebook Home can now be run on all Android devices running version 4.0 of the mobile operating system or higher, even if they ...

CPU fan installed - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Garrette's photos on Flickr. Garrette has uploaded 3652 photos to Flickr.

Gay-friendly traffic lights installed in Vienna - YouTube
Keep up-to-date with the latest news, subscribe here: http://bit.ly/AFP-subscribe Several pedestrian crossings in Vienna are showing symbols ...

Brisbane's new public art installed
From a distance, it looks like Commissioner Gordon's Bat-signal.

Cameras installed on hull of ISS (00:59)

Where in the US is solar installed?

'Spyware' installed on rental laptops