Copying text-column into a Proxy-table

Hello,

has anybody got an idea, how I manage to move text-data from one
ASE(NT)-server to another remote ASE(NT)-server without using bcp?

When I try to make  an update like this:
update proxytable
set textcol = b.textcol
from proxytable a, table b
where a.id = b.id

I get this:
Server Message:  Number  11236, Severity  16
Server 'SQL99', Line 1:
Update or 'complex INSERT' of non-NULL TEXT/IMAGE data is unsupported by
server 'SHOP3'. Use WRITETEXT instead.
Server Message:  Number  3621, Severity  10
Server 'SQL99', Line 1:
Command has been aborted.

But how do I use WRITETEXT from isql or from inside a stored procedure?
The example shown in the sybooks just passes a constant "HELLO WORLD"
string as a parameter to WRITETEXT.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Volker

0
Volker
10/14/1999 5:50:49 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Copying a text column between 2 tables
Hi, I'm having some trouble with this: I have a table that can save a text column, and can be null. Also, have another table containing some of the columns from the first, and this should take the Text column if not empty, otherwise must take a char column from a third table, all of this within the SP. If I try to do it: Create ... Begin .. .. .. Insert into B(id, description) Select A.id, Case when DataLength(A.large_text) < 1 then C.describe_it Else A.large_text End Where id = @id .. .. .. End I get this error: Im...

Text column copy across tables
Hi I have two tables with text columns. I wish to update text column in existing rows in TABLE1 using data present in the text column of a corresponding row in TABLE2. (The row in TABLE2 can be selected without referring to the text column values) Sybase ver is 12.5.3 BTW, I have read some of writetext & readtext in the manual, but it seems very complex, and if I have to use it, can someone give me a small example. Thanks in advance Manish wrote: > > I have two tables with text columns. I wish to update text column in > existing rows in TABLE1 using data pr...

creating a table text column with a tootip. Tooltip needs to be a popup when mouseover or hoverover text column
I am creating  single line table columns dynamacially in and ajax UpdatePanel with text results.  The results really contains a bulk of data which i put in a tooltip. The problem is that when i mouseover the column, the tooltip shows but only for 5 seconds, not long enough and you can't copy and paste whats in the tooltip. Is there a extension in ajax that i can use to mouseover or hoverover that will let me copy the results and paste it?  If so, what is it and how do I use it. TableCell TC4 = new TableCell(); TC4.Width = 300; TC4.Text = LimitedResults; TC4.ToolTip = FullResults;  There can be many of these on an asp.net 2.0 ajax page   Thanks   Did you look at the hovermenuextender in the toolkit? Check out the online toolkit demo to the hovermenuextener. I took a look at the hovermenuextentender demo but it is using controls placed on the the page. I am building my controls dynamacially at runtime. How do i build a hovermenuextentender dynamacially?  I need to this because the ID of the controls are built dynamacially so the TargetID can not be determined until the controls are built. I need to build a hovermenuextentender for each control generated at runtime.   Any ideas?   Thanks...

Problem with proxy tables to IQ using text columns
I'm writing a code to pull data from IQ (12.7 ESD2) into ASE (12.5.4). One of the tables is created in IQ with datatype varchar(32767) but the ASE version as the text datatype. When I create a proxy table for IQ in ASE, the varchar(32767) is translated to text. The problem is that ASE is trying to use the text functions on a column that isn't a real text one. When I insert from the proxy table into ASE I get the error: The offset of the row number at offset 300 does not match the entry in the offset table of the following page: Page pointer = 0x1034a122000, pageno = 2513672,...

Problem with proxy tables to IQ using text columns
I'm writing a code to pull data from IQ (12.7 ESD2) into ASE (12.5.4). One of the tables is created in IQ with datatype varchar(32767) but the ASE version as the text datatype. When I create a proxy table for IQ in ASE, the varchar(32767) is translated to text. The problem is that ASE is trying to use the text functions on a column that isn't a real text one. When I insert from the proxy table into ASE I get the error: The offset of the row number at offset 300 does not match the entry in the offset table of the following page: Page pointer = 0x1034a122000, pageno = 2513672,...

Copy columns in mutiple tables into single table
4 tables in my dataset which is ready from xml data. DataList->data->val->item IN datalist table: only one column DataLIst_id In Data table: three columns key  |  Data_id  |  DataList_id In Val table: two columns Val_id  |  Data_id In item table : three columns name   |  codeno | val_id How to copy these 4 tables columns into one table/ I  tried this but giving erro  Column 'datalist_Id' already belongs to another DataTable  Dim commlDT As New DataTable Dim tCol As DataColumn Dim  iTable As New DataTabl...

How can I copy a column from table A into table B ??
I want to add an ID column to an existing table to ease the SQL selects from it. The ID exists in another table but I have to relate several tables together to get the right one. tableA id number1 text1 -----------------------------+ | | tableB | id | number1 tableC | tableC.id ----------> id | text1 <-----+ I want to add the tableB.id column to tableA so I can do away with...

copy column from one table to another table
Hi, I have 2 tables. Table1 has column1 and column2. I wish to copy column1 into Table2 by using sql statement. How do i do that? Thank you. In general you'd do it like this: Insert statement: INSERT INTO Table2 ( Column1 ) SELECT Column1 FROM Table1 Update statement: UPDATE Table2 SET Column1 = T1.Column1 FROM Table2 T2 INNER JOIN Table1 T1 ON T2.someID = T1.someID TerriTerri MortonEngagement Manager, NeudesicHow to ask a question...

proxy table to a table with a java class datatype column
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to create a proxy table by issuing CREATE EXISTING TABLE - to a table which has a java class datatype column? If so, what is the syntax? Thanks. ...

Copy the text from ms-word to Text Box with same format (including Tables)
  Hai frnds i want to the Msword in text box with same format ( tables , fontsize,fontstyle,colour of the font and etc )  Can any one please help me  Thanks,ShivaIf(MyPost Helps You)“Mark as Answer” This is not possible with textbox as textbox does not provide the graphical properties.Instead u can use richtextbox to have the feature that u needed.Richtextbox have all the features and u can copy and paste & it will not change anything. Thanks,Ravi Mark the answer as Answer if it satisfy the need.  I cant undersand all of ur requirement.Tell me in details and ...

Copy the text from ms-word to Text Box with same format (including Tables)
 Hai frnds i want to the Msword in text box with same format ( tables , fontsize,fontstyle,colour of the font and etc )  Can any one please help me   Thanks,ShivaIf(MyPost Helps You)“Mark as Answer” This is not possible with textbox as textbox does not provide the graphical properties. Instead u can use richtextbox to have the feature that u needed. Richtextbox have all the features and u can copy and paste & it will not change anything.Thanks,Ravi Mark the answer as Answer if it satisfy the need....

Problem in retrieving data from two table when one column entry in each table are same but no column in these table match with each other
Hello there!,       First of all i have two tables . one acts as a master table and other one acts as a details table. Currently the ptoblem with my procedure is, i have entered two entries for one project in the Master table. and to briefly discribe those two entries in the master table , i have entered two entries in the Details table corresponding to the entries in the master table. Now i need to combine the master table entries and the details table entries for the same project which should give only two entreies. but my procedure gives four entries. Could yo...

Merge two text columns into one text column
Hi Everyone.. I would like to know what is the best way to merge two text column into one test column in the table. Thanks pbj ANY HELP PLS.. Are you using any front end application or unix or just the isql to merge two text datatype columns? If you are using any front end application then it should not be a problem to merge the two text datatype columns. ...

Problem with comparing a Table View Column with the Table Column?
I have a CVdetails table which all the personal and technical details along with the path called CV_Path which stores the path of CV word doc. Using Index Server Query i got the paths in my SQL server using Linked Server. I used this Query   SELECT Path FROM OPENQUERY (FileSystem,'SELECT Directory, FileName, DocAuthor, Size, Create, Write, Path FROM SCOPE ('' "c:\myCatalogFolder" '') WHERE FREETEXT (‘’reference’’)’) Which gave a result as   Path c:\mycatalogfolder\ajaxguide.doc c:\mycatalogfolder\quickguide.txt     Now,...

copying from table to table
I would like to copy the contents of one column in a table to another table. However, the first column of type double while the column it is being copied to is a varchar. Any ideas? Let's talk about the ideal situation. If the first table is 1 column and you can just blatently update the other table with the value, create a pipeline from the numberic table/column to the character table/column. Go to the SQL pane and change the SELECT "number_table"."anum" FROM "number_table" To SELECT string("number_table".&quo...

populating a column in one table with data in a column from another table?
Hi,I have one main table and multiple smaller tables, the main table consists of all the information gathered from the smaller tables, plus some other data. I've set primary keys for all the smaller tables and created a relationship where the primary key id matches an id field inside the main table eg. there's a smalltableid column in both the smaller table and the main table.some misc info:i'm using a dataset (should the key in the dataset be pointing to the main table, or the smaller one?)both relation and foreign key constraints are created (with no rules set)my problem is, the data from ...

Proxy tables and identity columns
Hi all, we experienced a strange behavior of Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.9.2.4/1170/P/SWR 9456 ESD 2/Sun_svr4/OS 5.5.1/FBO/Tue Jan 16 08:18:20 2001. We created two databases, one working database for GUI-Application and one to do all the work a database should do like importing data and so on. After creation of a Proxy table connection between these 2 databases everything is still fine, when we are updating and inserting the proxy table. On the underlying table to the proxy table, there is an identity field to build up the system generated primary key. If we are ...

Copy a Table With Identity Column
I need to copy the data from a production database table into same table found in the development database. This table contains an identity column and I want the development table to have the same identity values as in production database. Any idea how I can do this? Thanks Bill This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------67EB9834CE8BA4672F0DFB27 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit You can bcp the data out and bcp it back in using the -E option. That option allows bcp to write the IDENTITY values expilcitly. Mark G...

Text Index Proxy Tables
When you create a Full Text Search Index, should the new proxy tables be listed with the other user tables in Sybase Central? When I attempt to create a text index using sp_create_text_index, it fails while trying to peform the table mapping. To further complicate matters, after the table mapping fails and the procedure attempts to clean up by invoking the sp_dropobjectdef, that also fails and the index table doesn't get dropped. So, if I had attempted to create an index called "text_idx", for example, and it failed, I cannot use that name for an index again wit...

identity column in proxy table
Hi, All: I have a identity column t1 in a proxy table test, I want insert a value manually in this column , and I use "set identity_insert " in both of my server and source server, but when I issue the insert command " insert test(t1,t2) values (100,1)", the value of identity column still increase by itself automaticlly, it works on normal table. I am not sure the reason why it doesn't work on proxy table. Any DBA expert knows it? Thanks ...

Copying column from a table to another
Hi,I have two tables with this structure :Email, nvarchar(50)Sended, bitNow i want to copy the Sended column from Table1 to Table2 Where Table1Email = Table2Email I want to do it directly in SQL language (SQL 2005 script)How can i do that?   Try this.  UPDATE Table2 SET Table2.Sended = Table1.Sended FROM Table1, Table2 WHERE Table2.Email =  Table1.EmailIf a post helps you please mark it as an answer. Finally i got this by myself  UPDATE Table2   SET Sended = 'True' WHERE Email IN (SELECT Email  FROM Table1Wh...

Add Column on Proxy table
I have a prozy table that references a table in another database. I want to add a column to the proxy table that has already been added to the original table. I get a "Column already exists" error when I try to run and add column statement on the proxy table. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks! Melissa Melissa wrote: > I have a prozy table that references a table in another > database. > > I want to add a column to the proxy table that has already > been added to the original table. > > I get a "Column already exists" er...

copy tables to text files
Hi I need to copy the contents of a table into a text file. I do not want the "# of rows affected" statement. Is there a way to do this? I want only the contents of the table. I also have footer information as part of the stored procedure. This footer information has titles and data information. This is not part of the table that I want to copy. But I also want to copy this footer_informaiton to the text file. How can do that. I will appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks Seetha Hi Seetha, Uset the "set nocount on" command right before y...

How can I drag and drop the table column records to different column in a same table
hi,I m using asp.net with vb.net and creating the User control ,in which user control We are genrating the table at run time now I have to implement the drag and drop concept in this user control.i have to apply the drag and drop in Column cells not whole the column or drag the cell of column in any other column cell or same column cell.Please help me its a very urgent for me please provide any javascript code for this one and any site url which can help me for this procedure.......Waiting for ur help...Thanks & RegardsAmitRegardsAmit SaxenaSr. Software Developer Hi Amit, There are a ...

Web resources about - Copying text-column into a Proxy-table - sybase.sqlserver.nt

Text Columns: How Long is Too Long?
This is why WPF offers a column-based reading experience. We know from experience in the print world that breaking text into columns can make ...

Excel data hack: text to columns - Business Insider
VIDEO: Never import from a text file again.

Full text of " Alumni Columns "
Search the history of over 456 billion pages on the Internet. Featured All Texts This Just In Smithsonian Libraries FEDLINK (US) Genealogy Lincoln ...

The UN's statement on Katie Hopkins' 'cockroaches' column about immigrations - full text
... criticised the UK tabloid press for its reporting of immigration as an issue. Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein reserved particular ire for a recent column ...