calling a sql script from another sql script

Hi, does anyone know how to call a sql script (Note: not a stored
procedure)  from
another sql script in sybase? In oracle,  you just put @ before the
script name.
I haven't been able to find out how to do it in sybase. Any help will be
greatly
appreciated.

-Yilin

0
Yilin
7/30/1999 4:40:40 PM
sybase.sqlserver.nt 2169 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yilin Cai wrote:

> Hi, does anyone know how to call a sql script (Note: not a stored
> procedure)  from
> another sql script in sybase? In oracle,  you just put @ before the
> script name.
> I haven't been able to find out how to do it in sybase. Any help will be
> greatly
> appreciated.

It will depend on the client you are using.  With isql, you
can use ":r <filename>"

--
Bret Halford
Sybase Technical Support

Syntax to call a t-sql script from another t-sql script
I need to know how to call a t-sql script from another t-sql script. In Oracle I can add a line: @tce_load_company.sql to a sql command file, and it will run that file. This allows me to have a single "master" file that has all of my lower level table initialization values. What is the syntax for doing this in SQLServer? Thanks, Chris Emerson "Christopher A. Emerson" wrote: > I need to know how to call a t-sql script from another t-sql script. > > In Oracle I can add a line: @tce_load_company.sql to a sql command file, and it > will r...

Script called by another script
Hello, I'm trying to launch a script from another script: ----- script1.js ----- Packages.java; importPackage(java.lang); importPackage(Packages.org.mozilla.javascript); var scope = Context.enter().initStandardObjects(); Context.enter().evaluateReader(scope, new FileReader("script2.js"), "script2.js", 1, null); ------ script2.js ----- Packages.java; importPackage(java.lang); ----> an exception occurs : js: "script2.js", line 2: uncaught JavaScript runtime exception: ReferenceError: "importPackage" is not define.. ...

Calling .sql scripts
I'm trying to figure out how to call a sql script from another sql script. For some reason I can't find any info. In oracle it is quite simple, just do this @create_oracle_tables_1.sql @create_oracle_tables_2.sql commit; Any help would be appreciated Fred Just execute the read command from a .SQL script top.sql contains : read sql1.sql read sql2.sql sql1.sql contains : message 'sql1'; sql2.sql contains : message 'sql2'; -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : htt...

generating sql scripts from SQL Anywhere
Is it possible to generate SQL scripts from Sybase Central? If not, what's the best way to do that? Thank you That depends on what you want those scripts to do. For example, the UNLOAD wizard creates a SQL script that completely reloads a database. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "Jim" <jimsjbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:41b4e51f@forums-1-dub... > Is it possible to generate SQL scripts from Sybase Central? > > If not, what's the best way to do that? > > Thank you > > I just want to generate a CREATE script for a...

Using SQL to create a SQL script
I have a table containing table names and I want to create a SQL file using SQL select statement as below to cycle through the target table and create a file for example: select 'drop table '||table_name||'' from test_table where table_name like "test%" This will produce something like : drop table test_01 drop table test_01 etc. in the output file And the problem is ... what? I'm guessing that you want "go" interspersed throughout. So add on an identity column as you "select into", say, #temp1. Then "select text, (2...

SQL script generation from VB script
I have an urgen task to do - I need to generate SQL scripts for number of Models and I will have to do it from time to time. VB script seems to be correct solution but I can't find samples for it. I also looked at Power Designer Scripting help and can't find suitable method. Is there any way to generate SQL script from within VB script ? Is there suitable code sample available ? Thanks a lot in advance for help, Artur.Bukowski@deltavista.com Sybase give you some sample scripts that will be in the PowerDesigner folder. The path is something like this "C:\Progr...

view sql script from SQL PLUS
I want to view sql script of a function() in oracle database from sql plus command prompt. how? thanks in advancefeed the creative machine I got it, select text from all_source where name = 'object name' and type 'FUNCTION' order by line; thanksfeed the creative machine...

Calling a Perl Script from Another Perl Script
This seems simple enough.... I have two separate, independent perl scripts. I want to call one perl script from the other script. I know I can do this with a system call (or backticks). Is there a better way? If not, what is the preferred method? (I don't want to make one a sub routine of the other). THANKS Jeff __________________________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Shopping - Send Flowers for Valentine's Day http://shopping.yahoo.com Jeff Westman wrote: > This seems simple enough.... I have two separate, independent perl scripts. > I ...

How to Execute a SQL (.sql) script from within VB?
Hello, I am trying to figure out the best way to make VB6 execute an auto-generated .SQL file from SQL Server 2000. SQL Server 2000 has created a script (about 1000 lines long), creating views and SPs, and I need to execute said script from a VB client application. Similar to the effect of pasting it into the Query Analyser, only automated. Anyone have a suggestion (besides reformatting evey like and hard-coding it?) Thanks a ton! read it into a string, and execute it as normal.Kay LeeMySpace.com - http://www.myspace.com/kragieInfrastructure GroupMySpace.com- Code to live, but ...

Calling a perl script from another perl script
Hi, I'm developing a cgi script with perl and I want to call another perl script from this one. How can I do that? Regards, Jo�o Bonina Well, I've tried the system function, but it isn't executing the script which is located in the same directory... I'm using it this way : system('sendfile.pl ons4jlb'); > On 6/2/03 at 1:49 PM, joao.bonina@onsite.pt (Jo�o Lu�s Bonina) wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I'm developing a cgi script with perl and I want to call another perl >> script from this one. >> >...

classifieds sql script from sql server 2000
would someone be willing to script out the classifieds database in sql 2000 and email it to me? I'm sure if you did a google search you could find a program to do it. Other than that, I dought you'll find anyone willing to do your easy work for you.  Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. i don't think you understood what i am asking..... i'm not asking anyone to do my easy work for me. i don't have sql server 2000 so i can't set up the classifieds...

Exporting SQL Express Database to SQL Script
Hello there, i want to move my database onto my webserver and to do so i need to create a database on my web server and then import the data into this database using a SQL script file.I know this is fairly simple using SQL Server 2005, however annoyingly i don't have that and i'm just using SQL Express, so is there any way to export the data from this database into a SQL Script file?Thanks.  Since you want to restore databasae with data in live server. The best way is Backing up the database then upload backup file into server.In server create a database with same name & t...

Using SQL to create a SQL script #2
I left out my request from my previous posting. Could somebody show me how to write the SQL script using SQL select statement as I indicated in my previous posting You mean something like: select "drop table " + name from sysobjects where name like "test%" ??? Charles, Bonsu wrote: > > I left out my request from my previous posting. Could > somebody show me how to write the SQL script using SQL > select statement as I indicated in my previous posting -- Kevin Sherlock Staff Info Systems Analyst Omaha, NE DexMedia/Amdocs http:...

Script calling script
Hi, Just wondering what the method is for a script to call another script? I am compiling a script and running it, in Java, and want that script to be able to call another compiled script (and ideally continue execution in the initial script when the second one completes). Many thanks, David ...

Web resources about - calling a sql script from another sql script - sybase.sqlserver.nt

London Calling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
London Calling is the third studio album by the English punk rock band The Clash . It was released in the United Kingdom on 14 December 1979 ...

List of country calling codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of country calling codes defined by ITU-T recommendations E.123 and E.164 , also called IDD ( International Direct Dialling ) ...

Free VoIP Calling Added To Facebook Messenger For IOS In The U.K.
Voice-over-Internet-protocol calling has made its way across the pond for Facebook Messenger users, as the social network updated its iOS version ...

Facebook Video Calling - Facebook
Bring your conversations to life on Facebook. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. To get started, ...

Facebook roundup: video ads, voice calling, logos and more
... than three per day at launch. It is unclear whether the ads will autoplay in the feed or not. More Messenger for Android users get free calling ...

Berlin Calling (@neuraum) on Twitter

Calling all foodies: Here comes @TwitterFood
There are many thousands of food-related Tweets people send on Twitter each day – Tweets about meals, ingredients, favorites, recipes and dining ...

YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get YUBISASHI NIPPON CALLING ENGLISH on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Calling woman II - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Marcel Oosterwijk's photos on Flickr. Marcel Oosterwijk has uploaded 2195 photos to Flickr.

Thousands turn out in Brisbane march calling for climate change action ahead of Paris summit
At least 5,000 people brave hot and humid weather in the Brisbane CBD calling for rapid action ahead of UN climate change talks in Paris.