Problem importing SQL Anywhere to ASE on Linux

Hello to all,

we are using a SQL Anywhere database Vs.5.5 on NT4.0. Now I want to test
Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise on linux. I have the database exportet
(data and structure) and tried to import the sql scripts to ASE over
isql. But that doesn't work because of syntax errors like comments that
in sqlanywhere begins with a % sign and in ASE is a syntax used like in
C. That is easy to correct but is ASE no so powerfull as sqlanywhere
like user defined datatypes etc.? Is ASE totally different from
sqlanywhere or is there a way to import this database in ASE.
I hope there is anybody who can help me and not that this is impossible,
because i like to try linux for the db.

Greetings
 FSteinmetz@Woelco.com
 IT-Support

0
Frank
7/20/1999 10:15:17 AM
sybase.sqlserver.linux 1108 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Frank Steinmetz wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> we are using a SQL Anywhere database Vs.5.5 on NT4.0. Now I want to test
> Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise on linux. I have the database exportet
> (data and structure) and tried to import the sql scripts to ASE over
> isql. But that doesn't work because of syntax errors like comments that
> in sqlanywhere begins with a % sign and in ASE is a syntax used like in
> C. That is easy to correct but is ASE no so powerfull as sqlanywhere
> like user defined datatypes etc.? Is ASE totally different from
> sqlanywhere or is there a way to import this database in ASE.
> I hope there is anybody who can help me and not that this is impossible,
> because i like to try linux for the db.
>
> Greetings
>  FSteinmetz@Woelco.com
>  IT-Support

ASE ist totally different to ASA. ASA came from  WATCOM   and ASE from
SYBASE. The WATCOM dialect is  like ORACLE SQL and SYBASE SQL Server has
its TSQL.

0
Burghard

Runnink Mobilink on linux with SQL Anywhere DB on same linux
Hi, I am trying to run a Mobilink 11.0.1 server on a Linux box with an SQL Anywhere 11.0.1 consolidaed database on the same box. The database is starting without any problem but I have problem launching mobiink to connect to the database. I run mobilink with the following command : mlsrv11 -c "UID=dba;PWD=sql;ENG=mysserver;DBN=mydatabase;DBF=/opt/db/mydatabase.db" -o "/opt/db/mlserver.log" -os 1048600 -dl -v+ -zu+ -fr -ud The server doesn't start and the log says : .... E. 2009-09-24 13:58:05. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database server or ODBC e...

moving data from SQL Anywhere 9 to ASE on Linux
I have a Windows application (Lexware Financial Office Pro) that uses SQL Anywhere 9 database. Both application and the database run on the same machine (workstation). I would like to separate the database from the application, and move the database to another machine, preferably running Linux. Is it possible to dump the contents of SQL Anywhere 9 running on Windows, import it to ASE 15 Express Edition running on Linux, and then expect that everything will run flawlessly? The database itself is very small, about 20 MBs. Or perhaps there is some major difference between S...

SQL Anywhere Studio 8.0.1 ODBC Connection Problems Between Windows & Linux
All: I'm experiencing difficulty connecting via ODBC from a Windows NT client machine to a Linux server machine. The ODBC Administration tool on NT allows me to connect to the ASA instance but not to a specified database. The error I receive is "Request to start/stop database denied". I'm able to successfully connect from NT to Linux when the Linux server is on the same IP subnet as the NT client machine. Very strange. It is also significant to note that it appears to be an ODBC only problem. I've drawn this conclusion because I'm able to connect via ...

SQL-AnyWhere for Linux?
Hi, some weeks ago, I read that there is a version of SQL-Anywhere for Linux. Now I'm interested in - and could not find it again. Is there any version for Linux? Will you ever create one? Or will the unix-version run with linux? Linux would be a very cheap instead of Microsoft - and is much easier to duplicate. Thank's for any comments. Frank FrankSteinmann@t-online.de >some weeks ago, I read that there is a version of SQL-Anywhere for Linux. >Now I'm interested in - and could not find it again. >Is there any version for Linux? Will you ever creat...

Sql anywhere for linux
hello.. Sorry, dont speak inglish......but I need your help.... I need run SQL Anywhere 7 in linux....please help mi...... thank's you. -- Jorge Fontana Rosario, Santa fe. Argentina Jorge Fontana wrote: > Sorry, dont speak inglish......but I need your help.... > I need run SQL Anywhere 7 in linux....please help mi...... Do you have SQLAnywhere 7.x for Linux and you want to know how to run it? Or are you looking for the software? Have you purchased licenses for it? Which distro and version of Linux are you using? greg.fenton -- ...

Sql Anywhere and Linux
it would be possible to use the server of SQLANYEWHERE in the linux ? Thanks Abner Graham Jacobsen SQL Anywhere will not run on Linux. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX It will Now!! http://www.zdnet.com/pcweek/stories/news/0,4153,1013765,00.html -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup Jim Egan wrote in message ... > >SQL Anywhere will not run on Linux. >-- >Jim Egan [TeamPS] >Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com >Houston, TX Oh? Won't i...

SQL Anywhere for Linux!
On Feb 1 Sybase released a press announcement that Sybase expects to deliver a beta version of SQL Anywhere Studio for Linux in the first quarter of 1999, and that it will have the full technical support of Sybase's other core platforms. This is as close a statement of Linux direction that I have seen from Sybase. This gives serious developers a database that will be fully supported into the future, unlike ASE, which is not. This is great news! The lack of official direction on ASE, and the promised release of SQL Anywhere Studio for Linux as a fully supported product should g...

SQL Anywhere on Linux
A couple of weeks ago, Jim Egan posted a link to an announcement that SQL Anywhere Studio has been released on Linux. (Here's the link again, in case you missed it the first time.) http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/990614/ca_sybase__1.html I'm in the process of installing Red Hat Linux 6.0 on one of my machines, and have a couple of questions: 1. Is this SQL Anywhere as in v5.5.04, now available for Linux, or is this the ASA (6.0) product? 2. The announcement says it is compatible with Red Hat Linux 5.1 and 5.2. Does anybody know for a fact that it _will_not_ work for Red Ha...

Migrate SQL Server 2005 to SQL Anywhere 11 Linux
New to Sybase and tools, and SQL Server. Does anyone have instructions/steps to migrate a SQL Server 2005 windows database to SQL Anywhere 11 Linux? Can a product called PowerDesigner do it and are there any documented steps? Are there any documented approaches or tools or steps? Task is to get SQL Servers (tables, procs, functions, whole thing) to Anywhere 11 ASAP. Basically lift database from Microsoft vendor solution to instead a Sybase vendor solution. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0047_01CACC0A.2BAFC800 Content-Type: text/plain; charset...

Question :Linux box Linux to the ASE server
Hello there, I have setup up an ASE server on my redhat 6.0, i tried to link this server from another computer which running the winNT(open client is installed) and it is works very well. and i want to link(use) the ASE server from another Linux(also installed Redhat 6) How can i do ? i guess i should first install something just like the open client like my WinNT box and then install some Admin tools Please give me advice, TIA -- o __ _ | / \_|/ |/\__/ |__/ /| \| Tomorrow Never Die jOe wrote: > > Hello there, > > I ha...

Same machine: ASE 12.5.3 Linux vs ASE 12.5.3 Windows
We had a report from one of our clients recently that our Sybase ASE-based app was running slowly on their new Linux box. As we develop internally against ASE on Windows we thought it would be an interesting test to install both the Windows and Linux flavors of ASE 12.5.3 onto the same server and look at the relative performance. We used a Dell PowerEdge 1950 with 2 x Intel Xeon 3.73GHz dual core processors. On one drive we put SuSE Enterprise Linux Server 10 x86-64, and on the other we put Windows Server 2003 Std R2 64-bit edition. Both were fresh-off-the-CD OS installs. ...

Platform for SQL anywhere for Linux
I want to know on which platform the SQL Anywhere for Linux can be run, specifically, will it run on SuSE 7.0 for S/390 or will it run only on SuSE for Intel Thanks Jean-Pierre Legault PWGSC/NCS/DBSU Station 7085 APDC 7th Floor 700 Montreal Rd, Ottawa, Ont. phone: (613) 748-2689 FAX: (613)748-2617 jean-pierre.legault@pwgsc.gc.ca Jean-Pierre_Legault_jean-pierre.legault@pwgsc.gc.ca wrote... > > I want to know on which platform the SQL Anywhere for Linux can be > run, specifically, will it run on SuSE 7.0 for S/390 or will it > run only on SuSE for Intel ...

problem running GW7 on Linux (Linux expert needed)
--____DAXWWPEMFEYMQHIURWMB____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Wed, 8 Nov 2005 06:40:53 -0500" First of all, let me say that our unix administration group uses various=20= distros of linux, and we're not all switching to suse. Secondly, I've=20 had decent luck with the groupwise 6.5 client, however the 7.0 client=20 refuses to run. Is there a list of libraries required to run 7.0? Here's the problem i run into: (nik@kaizoku)/opt/novell/groupwise/...

sql anywhere studio for linux
Where can I find SQL Anywhere Studio (SAS) 7.0 for Redhat Linux 7.0. I've been to the web site but it seems that only SQL Anywhere Enterprise is available. Is there a difference between Studio and Enterprise???? Thank you. I can find it in Sybase web. But it is just a Evaluation Copy. -- Eastern Technology Limited "mauricio rivas" <casarivas@yahoo.com> ���g��l�� news:sh3VAnE9AHA.85@forums.sybase.com... > Where can I find SQL Anywhere Studio (SAS) 7.0 for Redhat Linux 7.0. I've > been to the web site but it seems that only SQL Anywhere Enterpris...

Web resources about - Problem importing SQL Anywhere to ASE on Linux - sybase.sqlserver.linux

Facebook Expands Feed Connect (er, Feed Importing) to More Sites
About six weeks ago, Facebook launched Feed Importing for the first time, allowing users to connect their Facebook accounts to Flickr, Yelp, ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Tony Abbott considers importing US-style school program with private industry involvement
Tony Abbott is considering an unprecedented Americanisation of the school education system with radical changes that could see HECS-style fees ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Man accused of importing drugs to Canberra post office boxes to stand trial
A man accused of importing MDMA and cocaine into the ACT using false identities and a series of post office boxes has pleaded not guilty and ...

Canberra restaurateur jailed for importing cocaine
A Canberra restaurateur has been jailed for importing $114,000 worth of cocaine from the United States.

Urine test fail for man facing drug importing sentence
A Canberra man who pleaded guilty to importing a commercial quantity of drugs to his front door has admitted&nbsp;taking a banned drug&nbsp;weeks ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Google Drive adds support for importing OpenOffice (ODF) file formats
Google announced today that it’s now officially supporting ODF files in Google Drive allowing users to import all three major ODF file formats. ...