MSQL server and Open Client...

Does any body use Open Client from Linux to connect to MS SQL Server?

AleX.
0
Alexander
10/19/1999 1:11:11 PM
sybase.sqlserver.linux 1108 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Alexander Smirnoff wrote:

> Does any body use Open Client from Linux to connect to MS SQL Server?

No problem with MS-SQL 6.x
DBlibrary works with any version of MS-SQL7
Client Library needs a patch to MS-SQL7 to work.

Michael
Michael
10/19/1999 2:48:32 PM
Thanks, Michael...

But working with DBLibrary with MS-SQL 7 there was a problem with bcp...
Does this problem remains under Linux? And where could I get patch?

AleX.

Michael Peppler wrote:

> Alexander Smirnoff wrote:
> >
> > Does any body use Open Client from Linux to connect to MS SQL Server?
>
> No problem with MS-SQL 6.x
> DBlibrary works with any version of MS-SQL7
> Client Library needs a patch to MS-SQL7 to work.
>
> Michael
0
Alexander
10/20/1999 10:48:54 AM
Alexander Smirnoff wrote:

> Thanks, Michael...
>
> But working with DBLibrary with MS-SQL 7 there was a problem with bcp...
> Does this problem remains under Linux? And where could I get patch?

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q239/8/83.asp

Michael

> AleX.
>
> Michael Peppler wrote:
> >
> > Alexander Smirnoff wrote:
> > >
> > > Does any body use Open Client from Linux to connect to MS SQL Server?
> >
> > No problem with MS-SQL 6.x
> > DBlibrary works with any version of MS-SQL7
> > Client Library needs a patch to MS-SQL7 to work.
> >
> > Michael

Michael

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup
Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open Client programming? Patrick Hood Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

automation server to client and client to server
I have to applications that need to communicate with each other. Is it practical for both of them to be servers and clients to each other? One of the applications will work primarily as a server and will launch the other application. The newly launched application needs to be able to send occasional information to the server to update information in the application that launched it. Also, if the user attempts to close the launched application it needs to tell the launcher application to close the appl ication that it launched. Does this sound practical? This is kind of like launching wo...

How can I use a linux server as a proxy between a DataSnap server/client
I have a DataSnap Server that is behind a NAT firewall. I also have many DataSnap clients that need to connect to that server. I want to provide a connection proxy to help those two computers connect and transfer data. The server will be authorized for this service ahead of time and I thought the best way would be to have a dedicated port on my Linux servers IP for each server needing my connection service. I have thought about L2TP type of VPN connection from the server to my linux server. It would be nice if I could create scripts/batch files on both ends to automate the install and make th...

Cannot read address string from server (Sybase10.04-OPEN CLIENT/SERVER)
Hi, I have SYBASE 10.04 on my PC (Window 95 platform). I would like to connect to SQL Server on my Ultra II (Solaris 2.6, Sybase 11.5). I use SQLEDIT on my PC to do the followings: 1. Select New Server Entry from the sqledit Server menu. 2. In the Input Server Name text box, I entered oeussun4, then click ADD. 3. Enter SUN SERVER tcp/ip address, followed by a comma and the server's listen port number (4100) in Connection's Information/Network Address box. 4. Service Type is master. 5. Platform is Window 95 6. Click Add Service. 7. Click File, Save, Exit. Now I cli...

open server on linux
Hi all How you open server on linux? Regard. Kumpon.. In your instalation of ASE 11.0.3.3 for Linux, exist an directory $SYBASE/sample/srvlibrary there are an example of an how you can write an Open Server, this is the ctosdemo.c. Eprosoft Kumpon Farpinyo <kumpon@ifec.co.th> wrote in message news:X3BY$eEn#GA.317@forums.sybase.com... > Hi all > How you open server on linux? > > Regard. > Kumpon.. > > ...

Open Client For linux
Hello, i want to find the Open Client For linux, is it exist? if so , please tell me the url of it , TIA ...

Open Client on the Server
Does anybody use Open Client on the server? If yes, then what EBF you use? Are results good? Any pointers on how to get the right EBF to insure the best multithreading and minimum memory leaks? Thanks, Eugene. Eugene Krupatkin Krupach, Inc. Eugene Krupatkin wrote: > > Does anybody use Open Client on the server? Err... what do you mean by that? Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@mbay.net -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-lis...

Open Client/Server
Dear all I am newbie to Sybase if anyone could answer my question it will be greatfull.Thank you in advance. What is Sybase Open Client/Server ? Where i can download the setup for this application ? How libct.dll,libcs.dll and libcomn.dll related to this Open Client /Server ? How is differs to Windows 95 and Windows XP ? Regards Waheed Hello, Open Client and Open Server are a collection of C API's that allow developers to create programs that access the Sybase ASE database or Open Server applications. NOTE: As of Open Client version 12.5, the product is named "S...

Pass values from server to client and client to server?
Hi, i have a scenario, i want to  pass some values to an image and a label dynamically from database. i want to use an anchor(a href) tag and when the mouse goes over the anchor , an image url and label text must change with the values from database. Suppose that there are more than one anchor at the page.  One more thing, anchors must get the id values of the records from database at page_Load() and the queries use these these ids again to retreive imageurl and label text values from database when ...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

Have open server on Linux?
Hi all I would like open server on linux because I need convert my utility from SCO UNIX to Linux. Look under the $SYBASE/lib directory, the open client library files are all there! Kumpon Farpinyo <kumpon@ifec.co.th> wrote in message news:vN8F30A2#GA.111@forums.sybase.com... > Hi all > I would like open server on linux because I need convert my utility from SCO > UNIX to Linux. > > > > ...

I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client to Linux ASA server
I downloaded the current asaeval7linuxrh6.tar Adaptive Server Anywhere for Linux, installed it and it's up and running on Linux, but I get "Database server not running" when trying to connect with ODBC from NT client (I also have the latest windows ASA ODBC) to Linux ASA server. The ODBC driver is configured correctly on the NT client (as far as I've read). The Adaptive Sever Aywhere engine is up and running on the linux machine because I can query it using dbisqlc. The command I've used to start the database is: "dbeng7 -x tcpip asademo.db". I...

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

Web resources about - MSQL server and Open Client... - sybase.sqlserver.linux

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’
Former Intelligence Chief Calls ‘Top Secret’ Info on Hillary’s Server ‘Unreal’

Facebook, Google server outsourcing strategy change expected to impact profitability for ODMs
Facebook is planning to add Wiwynn, a server subsidiary of Wistron, as a new datacenter server supplier, joining its primary supplier Quanta ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Facebook Open Sources Its 'Big Sur' AI Servers
The company hopes to accelerate innovation around deep learning by contributing the GPU-based system designs to the OCP.

Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge
Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge