can't perform dumps - error 7205: can't open a connection to site SYB_BACKUP

I'm trying to learn how to do database dumps and backups with Sybase
11.9.2-1 on Linux.

Everytime I run:
'dump database master to "/dev/st0"', I get error 7205, 'Can't open a
connection to site SYB_BACKUP. See the error log file in the SQL Server
boot directory.'

Is there an easy explanation as to why this isn't working?
I've just started working with Sybase and thought I was following the dump
instructions per the book, but they don't seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

winnerd@home.com
0
winnerd
8/3/2000 7:53:44 PM
sybase.sqlserver.linux 1108 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Error 7205 could be given if the Backupserver isn't running.

issue: isql -S'backupservername'

If you get an error see URL:

http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-as/asg1192e/svrtsg/@Generic__BookView;pt=11019?DwebQuery=7205

Hope this helps

harry.splinter@sybase.com

0
Anonymous
Is the backup server running?
backups with Sybase
dump

0
Myron

Maybe you have to recreate the backup server. I already had this problem
with Sybase for Windows NT. When I just recreated the Backup Server, the
problem was resolved.

Regards.

--
Leandro Molinari
leandro@raposa.com

<winnerd@home.com> escreveu nas not�cias de
mensagem:8E34E5FB4FD3B568006D4A6585256930.006D4A7385256930@webforums...
> I'm trying to learn how to do database dumps and backups with Sybase
> 11.9.2-1 on Linux.
>
> Everytime I run:
> 'dump database master to "/dev/st0"', I get error 7205, 'Can't open a
> connection to site SYB_BACKUP. See the error log file in the SQL Server
> boot directory.'
>
> Is there an easy explanation as to why this isn't working?
> I've just started working with Sybase and thought I was following the dump
> instructions per the book, but they don't seem to work.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> winnerd@home.com

0
Leandro

Can't open site and can't open in safe mode anymore?
FF 4, Win 7 Prof can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How does one do that now? Thanks Louise On 4/3/2011 5:11 PM, louise wrote: > FF 4, Win 7 Prof > > can't get most of the page from www.bose.com. I can get it in Chrome. > > I also can't find a way (any longer) to open Firefox 4 in safe mode. How > does one do that now? > > Thanks > > Louise found safe mode and disabled all my add-ons. The site, bose.com, still do...

Can't open a connection to site '%S_SRVID' because 'set up channel' message was not acknowledged
I'm using Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.2/EBF 11798/P/NT (IX86)/OS 4.0/ase1252/1831/32-bit/OPT/Fri Apr 09 04:15:03 2004 This morning the prod db server semi-hung. Although not pinned at 100%, all 4 cpus were constantly above 95% utilization. All application connecting to it became unusable. Killing spids did not help. When I issued a "shutdown <server_name> with nowait" I got the following message back: "Msg 7211, Level 18, State 1 Can't open a connection to site '<server_name>' because 'set up channel' message was not ack...

Can't open Can't delete
Name: Mike Gordon Email: mikeatmgendodotcodotnz Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't open Can't delete Comments: HELP I cannot open thunderbird after latest update. It has an error message thunderbird.exe is not a Win 32 command. I also cannot delet it to reload it I need some help Please Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) ...

can't connect and can't scroll
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: can't connect and can't scroll Comments: Downloaded beta 6 several times and I can never get online. Everything else connected to the internet works fine, but I can't open a single page in firefox. Also, I'm currently using beta 4 so I don't know if this has been improved, but every time I minimize firefox and later maximize it, I can no longer use the mousepad on my laptop to scroll without reloading the page. Vista Home Premium 32-bit Dell XPS M1330 Intel T9300 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b4) G...

Can't regenerate, can't open
In 6.5, I have a global function in which a line is causing an error when the app is compiled. When I try to open the function, I'm told "Open of Function f_disable_mainfmenu failed. It has been migrated to current version format, but must also be successfully regenerated". But when I try to regenerate it, the error pops up again and it won't let me regenerate. Any ideas? Thanks. hi, try to export and reimport the function ( check the code also) hope it will help you fran�ois This is one of the pains that will hopefully be eliminated in PB8 (where ...

can't get any support and can't open firefox
Name: Jacquelyn Flora Email: jacquelynfloraatmacdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: can't get any support and can't open firefox Comments: I am so completely frustrated since I have been trying to resolve this issue for weeks. I cannot open firefox at all ever since I upgraded (big mistake) to 3.0.5 and then 3.0.6. Your support site isn't worth anything because it doesn't answer any of the questions. I am so frustrated that I am ready to give up. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/525.27.1 (KHTML, like...

Firefox can't open from URL on other App, can't shut down.
Until now, I had been using Firefox v1.0.2. Beginning yesterday, it became impossible to open a browser by clicking on a URL in either Polarbar Mailer or Pronews/2. There was one exception to this, at a time when there was no open Firefox window at all, when clicking on a URL did open a browser; that never happened if a Firefox window was already open. Shutting down Firefox in the usual way is now also impossible, unless it is done before much activity has taken place in the browser (only after a period of activity in the browser do these symptoms occur). It is possible to ...

Can't open my PDM
My colleague added a few things in the PDM file that I usually maintain, and now I can't open it. I get "Can't allocate enough memory !!!". I press OK, only to get the box again, and again, and again, and... My colleague can still open it on his machine. We're using 5.1.1, as we didn't really find 6.0 adding much at all. (And it seems that 6.0 mutiliates Swedish characters in an existing model.) However, I have the PowerDesigner 6.0 Demo installed, and with this I can open the PDM. The machine itself is running NT4 SP3, is a Pentium Pro with 96 MB, so I ...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

Help : can't login and can't register after moving the site to IIS
I tested the site in VS2005, created a user and Administrators role. Everythingworks fine in VS2005, I can login, add events,...I copied all the web site folder to an IIS server folder, including the app_datafolder. I can access the web site, it displays well, but I cannot login and I can't register a new member.Does anyone know how to correct this? It looks like it's a database problem,but I'm not sure, I'm kind of new with ASP and SQLExpress mdf file.Is it enough to just copy the app_data folder?Thanks a lot.Aymeric UPDATE : I isolated the problem, it's a write permission on the aspnetdb...

SQLserver won't start, can't view site on localhost
Hi.  I couldn't find a sqlserver forum, so I'm going to try this one.  I'm helping my kids build a 4h website based on the club starterkit.  It looks like it will work great.  But, we can't view the site in a browser because of the following error TITLE: .Net SqlClient Data Provider------------------------------ An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named P...

Web resources about - can't perform dumps - error 7205: can't open a connection to site SYB_BACKUP - sybase.sqlserver.linux

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Rey in 'Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi connection - Business Insider Deutschland
We've laid out the theory about the most mysterious new hero of 'Star Wars.'

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American