SQL Anywhere 5.0 and SQL Server 11.0

Hi,
   we have the folowing problem in my company. There is a SYBASE version
11.0.3 installation by one of our customers. My company which is a
producing financial software would like to install there Sybase SQL
Anywhere (version 5.5.00) as database for our programs. Is it possible
to have these two databases on one server (Netware or Windows NT) ?

 It is an important case for us.

Jakub

0
Jakub
11/10/1997 7:41:37 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes you can run those two together.  Just to push the limit I ran SQL
Anywhere, MS SQL Server and Sybase SQL Server all at the same time on my NT
Server at home. No complaints from any of the servers.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

0
Jim

Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3
Does anyone know if exists some document with the details on Replication between Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 using Replication Server 11.0.3. I�m having some troubles with this configuration and I�m wondering if I�m doing something wrong. Thanks in advance. ...

help on updating database sql anywhere 5.0 to sql adaptive server 7.0
If anyone knows how to update db to adaptive server 7.0 You have two choices : 1) Run dbunload against your v5.0 database to generate a reload.sql and a series of .dat files that contain the data in the tables. You can use either the v7 dbunload or the v5 dbunload (unless the database participates in a replication, in which case the v7 dbunload should be used). Now, at v7, initialize a new database, and run dbisqlc to read the reload.sql file. This will re-create all the schema that existed in the old database and re-load all the data. You can discard the reload.sql and .dat file...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Hi All! I was just wondering if I can have both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 databases on the same machine? I have two applications using two different databases, and using two different type of ODBC configuration setting. For some reason, when I installed the application which used MS SQL Server 7.0, my other application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 crashed or just doesn't work like it used to. I read somewhere that both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and MS SQL Server 7.0 can be on the same machine but I need some clarification. If I need to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5....

Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4
<HTML> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp; Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative. <BR>Thanks, <BR>Stacy Zacher <BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML> Stacy Zacher wrote: > > Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software > for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or > 5.5.0.4? ...

Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0
Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 environment? What error messages are you receiving? <fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com... > Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent > DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0 > environment? ...

SQL monitor 11.5.1 on sql server 11.0.3 installation problem
Hello I have sql server 11.0.3.3 swr 8296 running on sun solaris 2.6 I asked for a monitor server and received a sybase 11.5.1 cdrom. I installed monitor server over the existing /usr/sybase 11.0.3 directory. Now I �m missing a detailed startup configation instruction or the run_monserver file. The interfaces file contains three servers 1. SYBASE .... 2. ehd 3. SYB_BACKUP any help is welcome. Matthias Rabast wrote: > I have sql server 11.0.3.3 swr 8296 running on sun solaris 2.6 > I asked for a monitor server and received a sybase 11.5.1 cdrom. > I instal...

FATAL ERROR: ERROR 0 while starting database SQL Anywhere Server 5.5.0.4
hi, after some disk problems, one of my databases won't start and after "Starting checkpoint" and before "Finished checkpoint" produce dialog box with folowing error: FATAL ERROR: Error 0. database consist of 3 files: db1.db - 1MB - contains table definitions, procedures db2.db - 1,3GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes db3.db - 3,4GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes no LOG file accidently one of a tables in db2.db has(had) 2,8 milion rows <-- can this be a problem ?, three days ago everything was running fine ==========...

SQL Anywhere 11.0.0 Database mirroring...Can we run arbiter server on mirror servers?
We plan to upgrade our SQL Anywhere from version 10.0.1.3694 to the latest version 11. Would it be possible for us to setup the database mirroring system using two servers? We would like to use our application server as primary server and use our reporting server as mirror server and arbiter server...Is this possible? Are they any benefit of setting up database mirroring this way? Thank in advance for you advise. Best regards, Rachan Terrell By running the arbiter on the same machine as one of the other two servers (say M2), you lose the ability for the database s...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

NT Server 4.0 and SQL Anywhere 5.0.03
I am having a problem getting SQL Anywhere 5.0.03 going on a NT Server 4.0 SP 3 machine. Both the server (dbsrv50.exe) and standalone (dbeng50.exe) terminate with a GPF after a short period of time (usually 1 to 2 hours but definitely over night - ~12 hours). This occurs with no database activity. Any hints?? thank you Kent Meyer I suggest that you check to make sure that all your drivers are up to date. Especially your drive controller drivers. I used to run 5.0.3 on NT without a problem, but the current version of SQL Anywhere is 5.5.04 and can be obtained from supp...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Can anybody point me in the direction of how to resolve this error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. I am running Visusl Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Standard, running on WIndows XP Pro. I am trying to use SQL for session state management. I originally ran the following code from the command line prompt, aspnet_regsql.exe -E -ssadd -sstype p This created an ASPState database. I then manually added my default ASP.NET login as a user. In my web.confi...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.2
We are running SQLA5505 and now want to upgrade to ASA702. For we have several stored procedures that we were not able to unload and reload, we thought of doing the upgrading process slowly, step by step: 1st, running the old database file under dbeng7.exe, 2nd, upgrading the old database file to level 7, 3rd, reloading the database file to complete level 7 features. But at this point, there startet a discussion, what features we can use in what level, so my question is: What features of Sybase 7 can we use, if we do that stepts? What can we do with no uprading, what needs an upgrade,...

Web resources about - SQL Anywhere 5.0 and SQL Server 11.0 - sybase.sqlserver.general

U.S. Global Warming Initiative Will Be Enforced Without Congress
Applause erupted in Paris Saturday from delegates who are engaged in an effort to stop global warming, when Laurent Fabius, France’s foreign ...

2016 Predictions: Donald Trump Has A Real Chance To Win The Presidential Race, Political Experts Say
The 2016 predictions are looking good for Donald Trump, with a growing number of political pundits taking the Republican front runner seriously, ...

Florida: 14-Year-Old Black Teen Armed With Airsoft Gun Shot After Police Officer Mistook It For A Real ...
A 14-year-old teenager from Jacksonville, Florida has been hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries after he was shot in the leg by a ...

Be Warned: ‘Star Wars: the Force Awakens’ Reviews Will Start Hitting on December 16th
With just five days until the first nationwide screenings of Star Wars: The Force Awakens start playing on December 17th, we’re in the home stretch ...

Saudi Arabia's Teeny, Tiny Step Forward
Daily Beast Saudi Arabia's Teeny, Tiny Step Forward Daily Beast Women in Saudi Arabia finally went to the polls on Saturday, but in reality ...

Demi Lovato and Shawn Mendes brought the slay bells to Jingle Ball
Jingle Ball, a national tour that teams up with local radio stations every holiday season, is teen pop Christmas The show hit Madison Square ...

US officials: San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik said she wanted to be part of violent jihad on social ...
New York Times : US officials: San Bernardino shooter Tashfeen Malik said she wanted to be part of violent jihad on social media before her visa ...

The Latest: Man Accused of Arson in California Mosque Fire
The Latest: Man, 23, arrested on suspicion of starting fire at Southern California mosque

‘Make in India’ has become a movement in Japan: PM Modi
'Strong Japan is good for India and strong India is good for Japan... I hope economic ties between our two countries will be ever closer,' Abe ...

Airstrikes against Islamic State in Syria aborted over fear of civilian deaths, RAAF pilot says
A NT-based RAAF pilot who took part in the first airstrikes against IS says says missions have been called off due to the risk of civilian casualties. ...