significant difference between 11.9.2 and 11.9.2.3

Hi,

we have two database servers. one with Adaptive Server 11.9.2, the other
with Adaptive Server 11.9.2.3.
On both are exactly the same databases. In one table there is a char(1)
column bound to a user datatype including a rule, which allows only a "Y"
or a "N". The column is allowed to have NULL values

If I try to insert a row under 11.9.2 nothing happens, I can insert a NULL
value in this column.

Under 11.9.2.3 I get the error 522 "A column insert or update conflicts
with a rule bound to the column ..... "

I cannot explain that for myself. Is there a significant difference between
the two versions regarding rules and NULL values?

Since this is urgent, I would appreciate if anyone could give me an answer
about that "funny" behavior.
0
Anonymous
10/16/2000 9:44:33 AM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Which EBF you are running ??
0
Anonymous
10/16/2000 7:42:08 PM
we use EBF9159.

We think that this is a bug in Sybase and we are going to report it to
Sybase.
What happened is this:

We open a read only cursor on a table and read a nullable column with
datatype char(1) into a stored procedure variable. To say it clear, in the
database stands NULL, after reading into variable appears ' ', a blank.
Quite strange we think, because this happens not to all char(1) or other
columns.

If you have any suggestion, we would be very glad to get your answer.
Thank you in advance.
Andreas
0
Anonymous

Web resources about - significant difference between 11.9.2 and 11.9.2.3 - sybase.sqlserver.general

Small but significant and non-transitory increase in price - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In competition law , before deciding whether companies have significant market power which would justify government intervention, the test of ...

Lolly Wolly Doodle’s Facebook Success Results In ‘Significant Investment’ By Revolution Growth
The company may have a funny name, but social commerce children’s apparel retailer Lolly Wolly Doodle is a serious enough business to draw the ...

SIGNIFICANT EVENTS 6-5-14
On Thursday June 5, 2014, Officers from Narcotics executed a search warrant in the 6800 block of Ashton. The Officers arrested one Suspect and ...

Facebook Shows Application Requests in the Notification Channel in Potentially Significant Test
Facebook is conducting a short term test showing application requests in the notifications channel. It will analyze the effects of the change ...

Photography - ”Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.” - Bresson
”Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop.” - Bresson

GGD-00-183 Olympic Games: Federal Government Provides Significant Funding and Support - Flickr - Photo ...

Bradley Manning admits to leaking 'the most significant documents of our time' - YouTube
Wednesday marked a significant turning point for the case against Army Private Bradley Manning. The 25-year-old soldier pleaded guilty in Fort ...

Yemen’s pro-government fighters take southern city in first significant win
Dalea is a significant gain as it is home to the command centre of the 33rd Armored Brigade, the country’s largest army unit that had been loyal ...

In Search of the Long-Term Archiving Solution —Tape Delivers Significant TCO Advantage over Disk - ARN ...
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Cyclone Ita: Far North Queenslanders brace for 'significant' storm
Tropical cyclone Ita has been upgraded to a category 5 system and is expected to bring 285km/h winds to north Queensland.