saving pdf files to db.

Hi Everyone.

I am new to this field, and apologize if some explanations are not very
clear.
Here is my problem:

I need to save pdf file images to db.
I was able to store binary data with  ADO AddNew method. I have to store
more then a thousand images, and it takes a very long time to complete the
job. I tried to do batch update, but I wasn't successful in that.
I was thinking if I can execute insert statement, that can make the process
quicker.
The problem is I cannot figure out the syntax to put in insert statement for
binary data.

Thanks.
Alla.

0
Alla
2/22/2000 1:46:38 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Alla,

I don�t know if executing an insert statement will make
things faster, but here is how things with binary data go:
You need to code the binary data as a hex string (bytewise !)
and put '0x' in front of this string. Now you can insert
this into the database.

Bye, Stefan

Alla Goldberg wrote in message ...
>Hi Everyone.
>
>I am new to this field, and apologize if some explanations are not very
>clear.
>Here is my problem:
>
>I need to save pdf file images to db.
>I was able to store binary data with  ADO AddNew method. I have to store
>more then a thousand images, and it takes a very long time to complete the
>job. I tried to do batch update, but I wasn't successful in that.
>I was thinking if I can execute insert statement, that can make the process
>quicker.
>The problem is I cannot figure out the syntax to put in insert statement
for
>binary data.
>
>Thanks.
>Alla.

0
Stefan
--------------9DC2E7DA4B0C035D835FD146

try using image datatypes in ur db and then use readtext and writetext. this url
would be very helpful http://sybooks.sybase.com

hth,
ms

Stefan Goebel wrote:

> Hello Alla,
>
> I don�t know if executing an insert statement will make
> things faster, but here is how things with binary data go:
> You need to code the binary data as a hex string (bytewise !)
> and put '0x' in front of this string. Now you can insert
> this into the database.
>
> Bye, Stefan
>
> Alla Goldberg wrote in message ...
> >Hi Everyone.
> >
> >I am new to this field, and apologize if some explanations are not very
> >clear.
> >Here is my problem:
> >
> >I need to save pdf file images to db.
> >I was able to store binary data with  ADO AddNew method. I have to store
> >more then a thousand images, and it takes a very long time to complete the
> >job. I tried to do batch update, but I wasn't successful in that.
> >I was thinking if I can execute insert statement, that can make the process
> >quicker.
> >The problem is I cannot figure out the syntax to put in insert statement
> for
> >binary data.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >Alla.

--------------9DC2E7DA4B0C035D835FD146

begin:vcard
n:Shaikh;Mohammed
tel;cell:214 497 5696
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:shariquem@yahoo.com
title:SYBASE DBA
note:Sybase Certified DBA
fn:Mohammed Shaikh
end:vcard

--------------9DC2E7DA4B0C035D835FD146--

0
Mohammed

Getting a *.pdf file and saving to db
Am using PB10, SQL Server 2000 on WINXP Pro. I have a requirement to take a scanned document in *.pdf format and put it in the db. The scanned document will be sent to the local workstation. At this point, within the application, I would like to navigage to this directory, identify the scanned document, rename it, and then save it to the db. I know you have to use Updateblob here to save the file, but don't really know the specifics on what I have to do, from navigating to the *.pdf to placing it in the db. Help requested.... string docname, named integer li_FileNum, loops...

PDF::API2 module example for edit pdf and save new pdf file
Dear sirs, I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new pdf file. I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... Thanking you Regards Baskaran NK baskaran wrote: > Dear sirs, > > I want to learn more about open pdf file and edit and save some other new > pdf file. > I use PDF::API2 module, Kindly give me an example... > > Thanking you > > Regards > Baskaran NK > > > http://search.cpan.org/src/AREIBENS/PDF-API2-0.41/examples/ http://danconia.org ...

when saving a file (save page as) please have option of saving file the title and not the actual file name
Name: Dan Kelleher Product: Firefox Summary: when saving a file (save page as) please have option of saving file the title and not the actual file name Comments: I like you browser better than windows explorer but windows has one feature that I wish you had. When saving a file (save page as) please have option of saving file the title and not the actual file name. Many files have number names that have no relationship to the web page. Saving as the page title gives an exact indication of the topic of the page saved. Keep up the good work. see http://www.sciencedaily.com/news/...

saving and retrieving various (doc, xls, pdf, etc) files attached to DB row
D7; Sybase ASA 9.0; BDE/ODBC I have a client who wants to attach various document types to rows in the DB. Do I attempt to store them as Blob's or save the document location and open it with its native program? Any suggestions of the best technique, alternate technique or methodology using Delphi 7 or Delphi 2007? Thanks -- Bill Skelton Landmark Data Systems, Inc. Two Old River Place, Suite L Jackson, MS 39202-3435 601-362-0303 Edited by: Bill Skelton on Aug 19, 2008 3:39 PM Bill Skelton schrieb: > D7; Sybase ASA 9.0; BDE/ODBC > > I have a client ...

Convert Or Save Pdf file to html file
I want to convert or save pdf file to html programmatically through asp.net 1.1 & C#.Anyone knows solution please let me know coz I do a lot of search but didn't find any kind of solution.  Thanks & regards.   hi, check this link, http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharpgeneral/thread/d835c1c9-0d04-4cb9-8d08-39e68ee911fd/...

exclude file extension (.pdf) when saving file name with fileupload?
Hi, I have the following code to save the file name, file size and file type from a file uploaded:Dim fileName As String = FileUpload1.PostedFile.FileNameDim filesize As Integer = sender.parent.findcontrol("FileUpload1").PostedFile.ContentLength / 1000Dim filetype As String = FileUpload1.PostedFile.ContentTypeThis works great, but i'm wanting to exclude the file extension from the file name, eg. so filename1.pdf appears as just filename1 What what i have to add to the above code to be able to do this?  TIA There's probably a slicker way... but you can : str...

Firefox 24
I'm trying to save a PDF file and they are defaulting to xxx.cgi files from my bank sites (2 different banks), instead of PDF files as they used to. Is there a setting to change this? I changed my default open option for PDF files from Adobe X back to Nitro Pro after an update to Adobe Reader yesterday changed them without asking. I can force the save to PDF file and it works that way, just very annoying. Is there anything else I can do to get PDF file extension default back? When I did a Google search, I only found old bug reports on Mozilla from many years ago. I se...

WebDatawindow.net Save As PDF creates 0 byte pdf file
Hello all, I am having issues with the save as pdf function of the web datawindow. I am using the ghostwriter ps method and have confirmed with another app that the ps generation is working properly. I have also confirmed that the datawindow is throwing a ps file in the windows temp directory during execution of this method. However, the pdf file generated is always 0 bytes. For whatever reason i am finding the documentation hard to understand and im sure its a setup problem on my behalf. Like placement of the "gs" directory and needed dl's missing or not ...

Saving Files into DB
Hi. Is it possible to save files into DB Table like Email Attachment, or there is other way to handle it ? Best Regards. Yossi Zaig. ...

upload data from an excel file directly into db without saving the excel file
Hi, I want to give users the ability to upload an excel file and then take the data out of the first column in that excel file and insert that into my db.  NB The users will be told to only put data into the first column. I know how to put the input file on my webform and have them upload the file to the server - but i think there must be a better way as i dont want to keep the excel file - just take the info out of the column and discard the excel file. Does anyone have any ideas/tutorials on best way to do this. Thanks...   I have done similar thing, but you can not j...

saving Files in DB
In my system, I generate invoices as PDF for my clients and I need to email them and save them on the database. What is the best approach for achieving that?!   Shall I save the files path in the SQL server 2000 as ( varchar ) and save files in a folder in the server or there is another approach?! is there any recommendation or advice about the procedure to send emails shall i save them first then send them or ...!??   Appreciate your advice!Fadil Alnassar www.fadilalnassar.com | FREE Nodil Tab Controlhttp://www.mefranchising.com You can save any file intactly into SQL server...

File: Save as PDF
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: File: Save as PDF Comments: I love FireFox. I gave up IE sometime ago. When browsing, I like to save the web pages as PDF files. Under "File", you do have a selection for "Save as a PDF". The result more often than not is "Busy or Error". This selection apparently uses a "Nitro" online site to do the conversion. I've "added" the Nitro Convert Web Page to PDF as an add-on to Firefox. However, I don't think it working properly. However, this site http://www.expresspdf.com/ConvertHtm...

How to save Uploaded .pdf files to an sql database filed ? Please I Nedd Help It Very Urgent
I created insertdatafilelink.aspx to Insert an Uploaded .pdf files to a filed then when I run insertdatafilelink.aspx it inserts all data to all filed and Uploads the .pdf files to the folder Documents put it doesn't save the .pdf files to the fied file_link. This is the code I used Please I want to know where I made the mistake. 1-This Is the insertdatafilelink.vbPartial Class Insertdatatfilelink Inherits System.Web.UI.PageProtected Sub New_mail_system_ItemInserting(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DetailsViewInsertEventArgs) _ Handles New_mail_system.ItemInserting 'Refere...

How to suppress "Save PDF File As" when print to "Adobe PDF" printer
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0096_01C4B814.07C82370 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0097_01C4B814.07C82370" ------=_NextPart_001_0097_01C4B814.07C82370 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Clear DayPlease help: How to send datawindow to Adobe PDF printer, = suppress the "Save PDF File As", pass the PDF file name, then send mail = with attachment by Outlook with a specific user name, password, and = recipient name. Tha...

Web resources about - saving pdf files to db. - sybase.sqlserver.general

Saving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Saving also includes reducing expenditures, such as recurring costs . In terms of personal finance , saving specifies low-risk preservation of ...

Opera 34 revamps Turbo Mode to deliver more data savings, faster browsing speeds
... This allows users to speed up downloads on slow networks, such as congested Wi-Fi networks or 3G connections. It also provides data savings ...

Martin Shkreli, 32... "who rocketed to infamy by jacking up the price of a life-saving pill from $13.50 ...
"... was arrested by federal agents at his Manhattan home early Thursday morning on securities fraud related to a firm he founded." [The] boyish ...

Delta CEO: Fuel savings ‘awesome’
"We bought a lot of Boeing airplanes and [are] building a lot of new facilities," Delta CEO Richard Anderson says.

How Smokers, Drinkers And The Obese Could Actually Be Saving You Money
Healthy people, not lifestyle 'sinners' cost the government the most money

Metra Police Officers Honored for Saving Heart Attack Victim
... saved the life of a man who had a heart attack at the LaSalle Street Station. CHICAGO — Two Metra Police officers were honored with saving the ...

Free App Friday: 5 Great Time-Saving Chrome Extensions
Whip Gmail into shape, decrease load times, stay focused, and more. You spend almost all day in a browser, yes? Might as well get some work ...

Saving On College Costs: The Biggest Year-end Factor
The most important factor this time of year for college seekers isn't the "right" college. It's qualifying for aid. Here's what to look for. ...

SAVING THE DAY Stealth destroyer rescues fishermen off Maine coast
SAVING THE DAY Stealth destroyer rescues fishermen off Maine coast

Vile Human Martin Shkreli Plans To Hike Up the Price for Another Life-Saving Drug, This Time For Poor ...
... the title “most hated” in the disparate fields of health care and rap , is back to his usual tricks: ratcheting up the price of life-saving ...