Proxy Tables ASE - ASA

Hi.

I want to create proxy tables in ASE; the physical tables are in ASA.

I have a problem creating a proxy table in ASE. The error message is
something like "could not connect to remote server". I have some questions:

* How to configure the remote server in ASE to connect an ASA database?
* How to configure ASA environment?

Some Tips?

Renato Gonzalez

0
Ingenieria
9/29/1999 4:42:52 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Proxy table mapping an ASE Table
Hi I try to create an IX proxy tablwe wich mapps a ASE table. I created an remote server with JDBC class bur when I try to do a connection I receive the following error message: 1> forward to remoteServer sp_who 2> go Msg 11206, Level 16, State 0: ASA Error -656: Unable to connect to server 'remoteServer': No suitable driver (1 row affected) What is wrong ? Thanks in advance for any hints. ...

Proxy tables between ASE 11.5.1 and ASE 12
Hi everybody We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? Thanks a lot. Roberto Espitia wrote: > We are in HP-UX 11 and have two servers, one in ASE 12 and other in ASE > 11.5.1. This servers need to share data via proxy tables. > Does somebody know if it is possible to use proxy tables in ASE 12 > referencing tables in ASE 11.5.1 and viceversa? It should work....

Proxy tables in ASE V12
Our agency is currently developing a new EAServer application which will include significant usage of CIS to access remote tables via proxy tables. Many of these accesses will require joins - joins between tables exclusively on the remote instance of ASE as well as joins between remote tables (via proxy tables) and local tables. Is anyone aware of any issues or gotchas, performance or otherwise, regarding using proxy tables in ASE V12? Also, this application will access two databases on the local server sometimes joining tables across those databases. The development team ...

Proxy table ASE
Hi, I'm trying to insert 600000 rows from sybase IQ (linux) into a proxy table in sybase ASE (windows NT), but it takes over 15 minutes. I've also done the same select in the IQ table, and the performance seems to be quite good, it took something like 10 seconds. But when I make a insert from IQ into a ASE proxy table with 600000 rows (and something like 30 columns) it took like 15 minutes to finish. Is this normal? There is anything I can do to improve IQ performance (something to be configured?)? Thanks in advance Roseli ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreade...

Proxy tables in ASE 12.5
Hi everyone. Is it possible to have ASE proxy table to ASIQ in PDesigner 10.1? Thanks in advance, Jo=e3o Sim=f5es Jo=?ISO-8859-1?B?428=?= Sim=?ISO-8859-1?B?9WVz?= wrote... > Hi everyone. > > Is it possible to have ASE proxy table to ASIQ in PDesigner > 10.1? > > Thanks in advance, > Jo=e3o Sim=f5es > On the Options tab for the table select "External table" option. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement ...

ase 15.5 proxy Table
Hi all , for Sybase technician, with ASE 12.5 (win2000) , the statement 'select @var = col from proxyTable where ....' inside the stored proc give always 0 (zero) rows. TIA ...

problem with proxy table of ASe to IQ
I try to create a proxy table in an ASE pointing to a table in IQ, all teh set ups are Ok, iq server is known in ASE: connect to iq_server sp_iqwho works well disconnect from iq_server Exited passthru mode from server 'stckrec'. When I create the follwoing proxy table it fails with following mesage: CREATE EXISTING TABLE IQ_StockRecordRaw( C1 varchar(1000)) EXTERNAL TABLE at "iq_server.iqdb.dbo.StockrecordRaw" go Msg 11216, Level 16, State 13: Server 'SRV15', Line 1: Internal Ct-Lib/Cs-Lib error 67241508: 'ct_send(): protocol specific layer: intern...

Proxy Tables in Table Last
In IM10.5 When I look at my list of tables when making a new query or report, I cannot see tables that are proxy tables. Am I missing a setting somewhere to let me see these? TIA ...

sql sent to proxy table
is there any way I can get a log of the sql sent to a proxy table when I submit a query (using ASA version 8.0.2.4398)? eg. get it (ISQL or anything) to write to the ODBC log? I get an error (ICOBOL ODBC DRIVER] Expected lexical element not found: SET ) on an update query and need to know why. I have no problems running the same update query using Access. Access writes to the ODBC log eg. MSACCESS 608-62c ENTER SQLAllocStmt HDBC 094B15C8 HSTMT * 092B1588 MSACCESS 608-62c EXIT SQLAllocStmt with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS) HDBC ...

Reverse Proxy table ASE 15.0.2
Hi all, I have tried to make a reverse of proxy tables (ASE 15.0.2) with PD 12.5 ESD#16 but doesn't work, I believe ..... The proxy tables are reversed as normal tables. Is It correct that in reverse window don't appear the sheet "Remote Servers"? Thanks in advance Stefania ...

Blocks created on ASE Proxy Table when select/update
Hi, We have a proxy table that is being accessed from an IQ stored procedure. The procedure selects data as well as updates data into the proxy table. When the proc is run twice simultaneously, there is a block created on the ASE side..(select from one proc blocking update from another proc) Is there any way to change this behaviour?? The table is DataPages locked if that is of any use.... I'd want to start with finding out what query plan(s) are in use on the ASE side, along with the type of locks required to support said query plans (the SQL text, submitted by IQ to AS...

creation of proxy tables in IQ with remote ASE server
Hi, i want to create proxy tables in sybase IQ 12.6 windows with respect to sybase ASE 15.0.2 linux i create ASE remote server in IQ with the help of sybase central when i execute the following script in iq , create existing table <table_name>_proxy at '<remote ASE server>.<iq server>.<table_name>' i am getting error that remote ASE server name not found. thanks, sachin I believe the syntax of your statement is wrong. Qualify the remote ASE table by: at '<remote_ASE_server>.<ASE_dbname>.<ASE_...

Creating proxy table IQ to ASE
I have set the environment variables JDBC_HOME=C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\jConnect-5_5 CLASSPATH=%JDBC_HOME%\classes;%JDBC_HOME%\classes\jconn2.jar This is what I have entered in IQ isql - connected with jconnect 5 create server ase_proxy_server class 'asejdbc' using 'dbtest:5000/dbtst'; create existing table proxy_stock_trade at 'ase_proxy_server.dbtst.dbo.STOCK_TRADE'; I keep getting error ASA error -656 no suitable driver. Any suggestions? ...

remote server, proxy tables, ASE 12.5.1, ODBC, dbf
Hi. i have ASE 12.5.1 under OS- w2k server Sp4 I need to select some data from dbf database. Can I use ODBC datasource as remote server ? and how to do this? I`ve founed that in ASA that work via remote server and proxy tables. but i didnt founed how to do this in ASE. may somebody can help me ? Loon in the Component Integration Services User's Guide <Andrew Solonchuk> wrote in message news:41962558.4641.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi. > > i have ASE 12.5.1 under OS- w2k server Sp4 > > I need to select some data from dbf database. > > ...

Proxy tables
I am trying to use proxy tables in a 6.0.3 environment. I've run the following statements successfully from my machine on a local db: CREATE SERVER 'ptest' CLASS 'ASAODBC' USING 'mydsn'; CREATE EXISTING TABLE table1p at 'ptest...table1'; This works fine. Now, a co-worker tries to do this on his machine against his database and gets the following error when executing the CREATE EXISTING TABLE statement on his db: 'Java virtual machine could not be started' So, I decide to try to connect to his db and try it myself, issuing the e...

Identify normal table and proxy table
Hi All, How to know how many normal tables and proxy tables available in a database? I am using sybase 12.0 & sybase 12.5.3. Grab a copy of the "ASE Reference Manual : Tables" manual. This contains a brief description of the various system tables and some of their type and status values. Take a look at the entries in sysobjects and sysattributes for tables you know are local or proxy; in particular look at the values in the various type and status columns. You may also be able to use (non)existent textual values in various sysattributes' character columns...

Proxy tables performing table scan
Hi, I have a query using 2 proxy tables, when I run the query the showplan shows Table Scan over the 2 proxy tables, when I run it in the remote database directly, the showplan shows Index Scan over the 2 tables. (WinXP - ASAny 8.0.3.5426) Thanks! The software is working correctly. SQL Anywhere has no knowledge of what access plan the underlying DBMS will use to execute its particular portion of the original SQL statement. Proxy tables that appear in the plan are largely placeholders that represent a separate SELECT issued to the underlying DBMS, and are always re...

Can't create Proxy tables: SQLAnywhere 10 to ASE 11.92
Sorry for cross-posting, but it seems that no one in the sqlanywhere.general section had idea about this :-s... I hope someone here have some experience on this one. Hi all; First of all, this is the first time I try to create a proxy table. I did create a Remote server and external login(all of this using the Sybase Central's wizard), but when I try to create the proxy table I have a -667 error: "could not access column information for the table x". In both the Anywhere and ASE databases only administrators are registered(DBA and dbo), so there must be permissio...

Can't create Proxy tables: SQLAnywhere 10 to ASE 11.92
Hi all; First of all, this is the first time I try to create a proxy table. I did create a Remote server and external login(all of this using the Sybase Central's wizard), but when I try to create the proxy table I have a -667 error: "could not access column information for the table x". In both the Anywhere and ASE databases only administrators are registered(DBA and dbo), so there must be permissions for accesing such data on ASE. I tried it also using Interactive SQL: CREATE EXISTING TABLE "DBA"."test_pxy" AT 'seicom;New_db;dbo;test...

PB 10.5.1 (Build 6021) not displaying ASE proxy tables in database painter
In PB 9.0, we can see our proxy tables in the Tables section for a connection. In 10.5.1 (6021), we can't. In the SQL painter, we can run SQL to access them, no problem. We just can't see them. Is this a bug or am I missing an option somewhere? tia -- Patrick Maloney New York State Workers' Compensation Board (Remove REMOVE from e-mail address to reply) "Patrick J. Maloney" <patrick.maloney@wcb.stREMOVEate.ny.us> wrote in news:Xns98B6A01AB31FFpatrickmaloneywcbsta@192.138.151.106: > In PB 9.0, we can see our proxy tables in the Tables ...

ASE 15 ESD #1
Hi all, I'm trying to create a new proxy table based on an external file, using the 'Add Proxy Table' wizard of Sybase Central, but after I enter the table and file names and hit 'Next' the following Stack Trace is generated (no proxy table created): Any ideas? Thanks +-----------------+ | Stack Trace | +-----------------+ Current thread: AWT-EventQueue-0 java.lang.ClassCastException at com.sybase.aseplugin.bo.wiz.XFSProgressSummaryBOPage....

Select on proxy table lock remote table ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------7B99361541D0FFEFB2A5BDAD Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I use ASA 9.0.1.1922 and defined some proxy table to MSSQL 2000 SP3. All works ( insert, upodate,delete ) fine but when I execute a select statement it locks the remote table so I had to disconnect or execute a commit statement to remove lock from table. This happens with dbisqlc and with Powerbuilder. It is a bug or I'm wrong with something ? Thanks in advance --------------7B99361541D0FFEFB2A5BDAD Content...

error on updating local table from proxy table
When I try to update a local table with data from a proxy table I get a massage saying it is an nonupdatable query. Copying the data, with an insert command, from the proxy table into a local temporality table and using that table in the same syntax it works fine. Is there a way that makes it possible to update direct from the proxy table? update local_table as a set a.eqmDescr = b.eqmDescr ,a.eqmTypeNr = b.eqmTypeNr ,a.eqmSerialNr = b.eqmSerialNr ,a.eqmSpcId = b.eqmLocId ,a.eqmCcrId = b.eqmCcrId ,a.eqmRecStatus = b.eqmRecStatus ,a.eqmContext = 1 from local_table as a left o...

How to identify a proxy table from info. from system tables
Hi all, Is there any way to get info about proxy tables from system tables. Thanks in advance Sure. sp_help does, you might have a look at the source code for it to find out how it does it. The ASE 12.0 Ref Manual, Vol 4, "SYSOBJECTS" reveals that sysstat2 bit 0x400 indicates a remote table, while 0x800 indicates a proxy table created with the EXISTING keyword. -bret "alice" wrote: > Hi all, > Is there any way to get info about proxy tables from system tables. > > Thanks in advance ...

local temporary table joins to proxy tables
We have 8.0.1 and were at build less than 3036. I went to 3036 and encountered a problem and then when to 3041 and the problem remained. In a procedure I build several local temporary tables with rows from various proxy tables. At the end of the procedure, I have a select statement that joins the temporary tables with two other proxy tables. This was working fine, until 3036. After installing 3036, the procedure ran fine the first time, but on the second execution of the procedure, the final select statement would cause dbsrv8 start consuming 98% of the CPU and never seemed to fini...

Web resources about - Proxy Tables ASE - ASA - sybase.sqlserver.general

Table tennis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Table tennis , also known as ping-pong , is a sport in which two or four players hit a lightweight, hollow ball back and forth using table tennis ...

Premier League: Leicester City go five points clear on table after Watford win
​Leicester City took advantage of a draw between challengers Tottenham and Arsenal on Saturday to open up a five-point lead at the top of the ...

Has the mystery of the broken marble table finally been solved?
If the revelation is true, journalist Niki Savva, who recounts the saga in her new book, has solved one of Canberra's best kept secrets.

Has the mystery of the broken marble table finally been solved?
If the revelation is true, journalist Niki Savva, who recounts the saga in her new book, has solved one of Canberra's best kept secrets.

'America's Got Talent': Simon Cowell Takes A Seat At The Judges Table
"America's Got Talent" creator and executive producer Simon Cowell is taking a seat at the judges table alongside Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel and ...

An AnandTech Round Table with ASUS: 10 Years of the Republic of Gamers
... Rajinder 'Raja' Gill Technical PR Manager, ASUS USA AnandTech Motherboard Senior Editor 2008-2010 Ian Cutress 10 Years of ROG Round Table ...

Lithuanian Designer Launches Standing App For His Funky Table
... at the office. His back started to hurt and his productivity seemed to decrease. "That was the time when I started my hunt for a suitable standing ...

Table for one: How to play board games without a group
From solo games to apps and virtual tabletops, there's a world of options.

Erin Andrews video was played at Marriott ownership rep’s table at Nashville restaurant
... hit outside the courtroom Wednesday, when West End Hotel Partners representative Neal Peskind admitted to being present at a restaurant table ...

How to Make a Paris-Inspired Gold Leaf Table
... with the Paris Hamper . Then with the Vintage Rooster French Commode . And now with my latest makeover, this Paris-Inspired Gold Leaf Table… ...