Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup

Does anyone know of an newsgroup or web site for Open Server or Open
Client programming?

Patrick Hood

0
Patrick
7/13/2000 3:47:52 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try sybase.public.connectivity.open_client
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim

Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server & Adaptive Server Enterprise
*Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server, (10.x - 12.0) Adaptive Server Enterprise and SQL Server This document shows the interoperability of Open Client 11.1.1 and 12.0 with Open Server 10.0.4, 11.1.1 and 12.0, Adaptive Server Enterprise 11.5.x, 11.9.x and 12.0, and SQL Server 11.0.3. (Oct 17 2001) http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013031 *Interoperability Matrix for Open Client with Open Server (11.x - 12.x) and Adaptive Server Enterprise This document shows the interoperability of Open Client versions 11.1.1, 12.0 and 12.5 with Open Server versions 11.1.1, 1...

Open with newsgroups open ??
Is there any way with Mozilla or Thunderbird to have the newsgroups open when the application is started? It's annoying to have to scroll down to the news server and click the + beside it every time. Larry Hazel wrote: > Is there any way with Mozilla or Thunderbird to have the newsgroups open > when the application is started? It's annoying to have to scroll down > to the news server and click the + beside it every time. Push * on your keyboard. or change your view settings to "sort by --> unthreaded" or date or something. Regards, Nathani...

How to create inline SQL functions thru Open client/Open Server environment
Hi, I know Sybase ASE provides java as a method to create UDFs which could be used directly in Sql statements. Like I have a function foo(in_val) which accepts in_val and returns out_val. This function could be used as select * from emp where foo(empno)>=1 function foo can be created as a java class and can be used. BUT IF I DONT WANT TO USE JAVA AND NEITHER PROXY TABLES/procedures..THEN Could I create these functions through Open Client/Open Server programming environment and use directly in SQL statements ..if yes How..? I hope My question is clear. Thanks Gag...

End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1
Subject: End Of Life Notification for Open Client/C Dev. Kit 11.1.1 and Open Server 11.1.1 November 13, 2001 Dear Valued Sybase Customer: This letter provides notification of an extension of a previously announced end of engineering support. The end of engineering support has been extended from December 31, 2001 to September 30, 2002 for the following versions of Sybase products. Product Version Platform End of Migration Path Engineering Support Open Client/C 11.1.1 ...

Open ClientConnect vs Open Client
I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learning Sybase C API from web documents and came across this link: http://www.sybase.com/products/archivedproducts/openclientconnect Basically "Open ClientConnect is no longer offered by Sybase". What does this mean wrt ct_ library calls? If this is discontinued, what is the replacement? On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:42:36 -0800, wrote: > I am working on a messaging middleware integration project, > come from messaging background and not DB savvy. Learn...

Open Client/Server
Dear all I am newbie to Sybase if anyone could answer my question it will be greatfull.Thank you in advance. What is Sybase Open Client/Server ? Where i can download the setup for this application ? How libct.dll,libcs.dll and libcomn.dll related to this Open Client /Server ? How is differs to Windows 95 and Windows XP ? Regards Waheed Hello, Open Client and Open Server are a collection of C API's that allow developers to create programs that access the Sybase ASE database or Open Server applications. NOTE: As of Open Client version 12.5, the product is named "S...

Open Client on the Server
Does anybody use Open Client on the server? If yes, then what EBF you use? Are results good? Any pointers on how to get the right EBF to insure the best multithreading and minimum memory leaks? Thanks, Eugene. Eugene Krupatkin Krupach, Inc. Eugene Krupatkin wrote: > > Does anybody use Open Client on the server? Err... what do you mean by that? Michael -- Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc. mpeppler@mbay.net -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com Sybase on Linux mailing list: ase-linux-lis...

Open Client API
Good Afternoon, I hope this is the right newsgroup for this: I'm trying to use the Sybase Open Client API (libct.dll). So far I'm having a moderate amount of success. I am able to successfully execute an sql statement using the ct_send function. I am able to use the ct_res_info and ct_describe function to get column names and datatypes. Now I seem to have a problem with getting the actual data. ct_fetch executes fine for all rows. I'm trying to use ct_bind to bind the fetch values to PB variables but I don't think I'm using it right. Alternatively I'...

Open Client API
Hello, I need to make calls into the open client api from a PowerBuilder application to retrieve UNICODE data. Is there a UNICODE version of the API? I'm calling ct_bind but I have to specify the ;Ansi suffix or I'll get the following error (no matter how large I make the buffer): "ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 1 resulted in truncation." How can I extract UNICODE data while using the Open Client API? Thanks, Brad This should probably be posted to the connectivity.open_client group - but in the...

Open Server Limits (open server 11.1.1ebf7663 & hpxu10.20)
We're in the process of working through some efficiency issues with open server (with the help of Sybase I hope :-), and I was wondering what limits other people have run into with open server. Our problem is that with 200 connections we can get a certain throughput on our open server, but with an additional 200 idle connections we only get 60% of that throughput. In addition to the lack of throughput, we're seeing times(3) return 30% users time, and 70% system time, and a bucket load of select(2) calls/second being done. We don't really have the option of reducin...

open from web server
if you select - open project(VS)then select tools , then -open from web server, you can select an Http: IP address, to connect and view projects. I only see one web application, but yet, I have several web applications on this server. If I do a remote desktop connection (windows xp) - selected from accessories - communicatons, and connect to this server, I can see all of the web applications. Is there something in Visual Studio that would limit what applications I can see? they are all .net applications - 1.1 version. any thoughts? Is there some permissions/configuration r...

Open client open source or Solaris x86
Is there an open source version of the open client? Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or if there is any other way I can connect to a sybase server from a perl script running on Solaris on an Intel box? TIA Chris chrisl@jungle.com wrote: > > Is there an open source version of the open client? > Or failing that I know that support for the client on Solaris x86 has been > discontinued, but does anyone know where I can download an old copy from or > i...

Cannot read address string from server (Sybase10.04-OPEN CLIENT/SERVER)
Hi, I have SYBASE 10.04 on my PC (Window 95 platform). I would like to connect to SQL Server on my Ultra II (Solaris 2.6, Sybase 11.5). I use SQLEDIT on my PC to do the followings: 1. Select New Server Entry from the sqledit Server menu. 2. In the Input Server Name text box, I entered oeussun4, then click ADD. 3. Enter SUN SERVER tcp/ip address, followed by a comma and the server's listen port number (4100) in Connection's Information/Network Address box. 4. Service Type is master. 5. Platform is Window 95 6. Click Add Service. 7. Click File, Save, Exit. Now I cli...

Open Server connections leave filedescriptor open
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------75077340196BEF0FA70298DF Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I hope it's ok to ask openserver questions in this forum. I've noticed that whenever you make a client connection to an open-server product (such as Historical Server, or Monitor Server, or your own open server app) the connection uses a filedescriptor from the OS, and never releases it, even after you disconnect. This means that I can quickly run out of descriptors in the file-table and have to reboot my OS. I&...

Web resources about - Open Client and Open Server API Newsgroup - sybase.sqlserver.general

Netscape Mail & Newsgroups - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Netscape Mail and Newsgroups , commonly known as just Netscape Mail , was an email and news client produced by Netscape Communications Corporation ...

Chinese newsgroup accused of extorting companies for coverage
Chinese newsgroup accused of extorting companies for coverage People's Daily Online Eight people from 21cbh.com, including the editor-in-chief, ...

NY attorney general gets more ISPs to block alt.* newsgroups
New York's Attorney General has turned his initial efforts against online …

ISPs agree to block access to child porn sites, newsgroups
Verizon, Sprint, and Time Warner Cable agree to block Internet newsgroups and Web sites nationwide that disseminate child pornography, according ...

Microsoft Plans Newsgroups Shutdown
Microsoft plans to close the more than 2,000 public newsgroups and 2,200 private newsgroups devoted to its various products and services. Discussions ...

NBCUniversal Newsgroup jobs - mediabistro.com
Jobs and recruiting for social media and traditional media professionals covering journalism, social media marketing, social games, web development, ...

Google Acquires Deja Newsgroup Service - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
Google purchased the Deja newsgroup archives last month and is now running them within its own site. Despite saving the service, Google came ...

Best and latest newsgroup - Page 2 of 5 info
... Subscribers Breaking RapidShare Stops Washington Lobbying Efforts and Regains Pirate Stamp On: 21/02/2014 Comments: 48 All Results For: newsgroup ...

More ISPs Decide to Filter Usenet Newsgroups
... in pressuring AOL and AT&T to join the ranks of Verizon, Sprint, and Time Warner Cable in limiting access to many or all of the Usenet newsgroups ...

AOL ditches newsgroups
Lack of use Win a Samsung 40-inch LED HDTV with The Reg and HP! AOL is pulling the plug on servers hosting newsgroups. AOL subscribers will ...