ODBC error when connect from Win95/NT

I get this error when trying to connect from Access 97.  Any ideas?
[Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed.
[Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_connect():protocol
specific layer;external eror: The attempt to connect to the server failed.

Thanks,
Jackie
jackieg@osd.org

0
Jackie
7/18/1999 6:27:40 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:27:40 -0700, "Jackie Gawlik" <jackieg@osd.org>
wrote:

>I get this error when trying to connect from Access 97.  Any ideas?
>[Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed.
>[Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_connect():protocol
>specific layer;external eror: The attempt to connect to the server failed.

"Login failed" seems to indicate that you did not use the correct
username/password
Reinoud van Leeuwen
Sybase Professional Services Maarssen / The Netherlands
0
reinoud

ODBC from Win95/NT error
I get this error when trying to connect from Access 97. Any ideas? [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed. [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_connect():protocol specific layer;external eror: The attempt to connect to the server failed. Thanks, Jackie Jackie, You need to verify that the username/password combination being used is valid. Use isql that comes bundled with OpenClient on that machine and make sure that isql can connect to the SQLServer using the same username/password. Steve Healey Sybase TS Jackie Gawlik wrote: >...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC
Hi, I am attempting to create an ODBC profile in (in ODBC administrator) and "test connect", and I get "Connection failed: Request to start/stop database denied". This happens on a database just created via Sybase Central on an NT 4.0 Server. I can create the profile and connect just fine on my Win98 client - Win 98 ODBC profile connects just fine to DB created on the NT4.0 or the Win98. Any Ideas? TIA!!! Hi, this error comes if you try to connect to an server (dbsrv6) and the db file needs to be loaded at runtime. If the db file was in the startline...

HELP: Microsoft Query "General odbc error" connecting to ASE 15.0.3
Greetings, I'm trying to connect MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to ASE15.0.3ESD#1 (8K pages) using ODBC on XP SP3, using ASE 15.00.00.325 2008/08/14 ODBC driver The System ODBC connection was created with defaults. Checking ASE, I can see successful login connection select @@pagesize sp_odbc_server_info select db_name() sp_odbc_tables The I get an error on MSQRY32 - "General odbc error" Any idea how to fix this? Thanks in Advance. Alberto > Greetings, > > I'm trying to connect > MSQRY32 - 12.0.6532 SP2 MSO to > A...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

Error with ODBC Connection
I got an error when I tried to attach a sybase table in Access 2.0. The error message is: [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Allocation of a Sybase Open Client Context failed. Sybase normally generates a SYBINIT.ERR file containing more specific reasons for failing. The SYBINIT.ERR file in the \ACCESS20\ directory is empty, however. I'm using Sybase 10 ODBC. Please help! Ming mingpan@netscape.net The problem you're expiriencing is the lack of environment variables for your OC. You have to set up in your station the following variables: SYBASE=OCPath INCL...

Connecting ODBC error
Hi, Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range how i solve it, Thank u from, tan Update to 6.5.1 with the latest EBF. /ck "btckns" <btckns@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6NB1YtfBCHA.200@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > Now i'm using power builder 6.5. and connect with MSsql 2000, > but when i connect as ODBC the problem will occur, that massage is SQLSTATE > = S1003 ...

ODBC error by connect
I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How can I solve this problem? PBODBxx.dll is not installed or on the path. /ck <John_O'brien> wrote in message news:FA45F1550D806FFB00723AD185256B7C.00723B3985256B7C@webforums... > I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power > Builder, I...

ODBC Connection Errors
I have been reading the Sybase.com support site and have come up with a seemingly common problem which I am experiencing. I am using a VB6 application to talk to Sybase system 10 (Version 10.0.3T4) via ODBC (DAO360) but am getting the following error message: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect." The error is intermittent as some connections succeed whereas others do not! Does anyone know what this means or can anyone offer a solut...

Connection Error in ODBC
I have the next error: [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client Library error: error string not available. The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. The S.O. is Windows 2000 or XP ..... Can send me anything... for this problem..!!!!!!! Thanks... Sergio_Blanco wrote... > I have the next error: > > [SYBASE][ODBC Sybase driver][Sybase] ct_connect()> user api Layer: Client > Library error: error string not available. > > The Sybase Client is 12.0 and the Server is 12.0. > The S.O. is Windows 2000 or X...

ODBC Connection Error
Can anyone help me out? I have an app that I created in PB 6.5 that connects to an MS Access database. The first problem I had was that the last connection made to the database was the only one allowed to do any updating to the database. I had to work around that one. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. The next problem I had was after I plcaed the .exe and the database in a folder on a server so everyone could get to it. I have no problem connection and neither does a few other people who were helpin me test. The problem comes about when the end user tries to use i...

ODBC Connection error
I have been given a SQL Anywhere database (version 5.5) and I am trying to connect to it via the Microsoft OLEDB Provider for ODBC and the supplied ODBC driver. I am getting an error which is not too surprising given the age of the ODBC driver (build 5.05 from Ocober 1997). My question is: Is there a more recent ODBC driver that I can get hold of from somewhere? In desparation, I've tried the latest one from Sybase for ASE (version 4.10.0000) but this doesn't seem to want to know. I am new to SQL Anywhere and I'm not sure if it is still being supported/developed....

Web resources about - ODBC error when connect from Win95/NT - sybase.sqlserver.general

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

Law Firm Partners Need To Connect Personally With Each Other To Manage Their Firm Well Together
... private lawyers must remember that their firms are businesses (if not typical businesses), in order to run their firms well, they need to connect ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Why Captain America Needs To Connect With Bucky In Civil War
From the first trailer for Captain America: Civil War we saw that the entire movie is going to come down to the relationship between Captain ...

​How to connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi
Access a more secure connection from anywhere.

Google Search Connects Trump To Hitler
Searching for Trump's book suggests Mein Kampf as related search

Salesforce Connect Simplifies Enterprise App Data Integration
DAILY VIDEO: Salesforce Connect improves data integration for enterprise apps; VTech admits lack of database security opened door to hack; Microsoft's ...

Trends For 2016, Part 2: Consumers Find Tech Transformed, Connect With Their Tribes, Reel From Shock
My research, business experience, discussions with clued-in clients, and a mountain of data point to the following trends as the ones to watch ...