Last time user logged in

Is there anyway in ASE 11.5.1 to determine the last time a user logged in?
0
Scott
5/18/2001 3:29:30 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, you can set up auditing and audit successful logins.

-bret

Scott wrote:

> Is there anyway in ASE 11.5.1 to determine the last time a user logged in?

0
Bret
5/18/2001 3:42:32 PM
This has been requested twice via the ISUG Enhancement Process (e01 084 and
e01 106).  Sybase's response is "Use login scripts".  However, they don't
give any examples and I don't know what their response means.

<Scott> wrote in message
> Is there anyway in ASE 11.5.1 to determine the last time a user logged in?

0
Carl
5/18/2001 5:55:32 PM
I'm not sure what that means either.

ASE 12.5 will have a new feature of login triggers
presumably that could also maintain this kind of information.

-bret

"Carl Kayser (BLS)" wrote:

> This has been requested twice via the ISUG Enhancement Process (e01 084 and
> e01 106).  Sybase's response is "Use login scripts".  However, they don't
> give any examples and I don't know what their response means.
>
> <Scott> wrote in message
> > Is there anyway in ASE 11.5.1 to determine the last time a user logged in?

0
Bret
5/18/2001 6:40:10 PM
Hmmmm.  I think I just figured out my next ISUG Enhancement Request:

   Replace Ian Smart with Bret for handling the ASE Enhancement Responses!
Heck, he's already doing half of it through the current newsgroups already.

Bret Halford <bret@sybase.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure what that means either.
>
> ASE 12.5 will have a new feature of login triggers
> presumably that could also maintain this kind of information.
>
> -bret
>
> "Carl Kayser (BLS)" wrote:
>
> > This has been requested twice via the ISUG Enhancement Process (e01 084
and
> > e01 106).  Sybase's response is "Use login scripts".  However, they
don't
> > give any examples and I don't know what their response means.
> >
> > <Scott> wrote in message
> > > Is there anyway in ASE 11.5.1 to determine the last time a user logged
in?

0
Carl

last logged on user left after restart, not log out
On my Windows 7 clients (Novell Client IR7) I'm seeing a puzzling event: In my client properties, I have Advanced Login>Last Logged On User turned "off" and the user field is indeed cleared if I log out. HOWEVER, the user field is NOT cleared if I restart or shutdown/startup the computer. In those cases, the last logged on user's name is waiting in the field when it appears after boot. It's like the step that clears the user field isn't happening when Windows is shutting down. I'm not well-versed enough in Windows 7 or the Novell Client on Window...

user logged in time
Is there any way we could find out when a user logged in the last time. any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA which to use ASE. server LP wrote: > Is there any way we could find out when a user logged in the last time. > any help will be greatly appreciated. > TIA Yes exactly ASE server "aydin ulakci" <ulakci@superonline.net> wrote in message news:3D8B1C27.4B0D895D@superonline.net... > which to use ASE. server > > > LP wrote: > > > Is there any way we could find out when a user logged in the last time. > > a...

Users log in time
Is there a way or tool to use to find out when a user last logged in and out?? In C1 i can go into General|Environment and see the address but only if they are logged in. And it does not have a time. Please and thanks!! Ryan Nlist user=* show login_time, last_login_time Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ Dave Parkes wrote: > Nlist user=* show login_time, last_login_time > > Cheers Dave > > perfect!! thanks .. i guess i should be greatfull and this will work but is there a way to do t...

Last user logged on
Hi, Is is possible to clear the last user logged on in the novell client login screen and if possible the workstation tab? Chris. "Chris Gollner" <cgollner@sprusons.com.au> wrote in message news:YEH8c.9660$jb5.2656@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... > Hi, > > > Is is possible to clear the last user logged on in the novell client login screen and if possible the workstation tab? > > > Chris. > Now you've got me going crazy trying to remember. There *is* a way, and it clears everything. You have to manually put the name ...

Web page not detecting a logged in user/user not logging in
Hey guysAs it stands, I've created two web pages within my app. One is a login page which is simply a blank page with the login control dragged on top. Within this control I redirect to my second page which contains a set of asp:Panels that are supposed to hide/display depending on which user is browsing the page.I've read several tutorials and at the moment, I've installed memberships/roles using the aspnet_regsql application. I've also used the web administration tool to create an 'administrators' role and create a user which is assigned to that role. I've also ...

Users logging in as the same user..
HI there.. I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody, no matter who logs in, logs in as the same user.. For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..) However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc.. If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John. If they create tables, all table created will ...

User Log in Log
I need to keep a daily record of network logins Being Auditcon does not work with NW6, is there a way I can enable Logging on a server/tree to capture user login? Install NSURE Audit. Configure it to record logins and out for both the server and eDir. The Nsure Audit starter pack 1.0.3 is downloadable from the website. ~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~+~^~ Jim Gosney Netware/Groupwise Admin./Eng. Genesco, Inc. Nashville, TN Currently reading: fiction: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King -- J.R.R. Tolkien non-fiction: George Washington -- James Burns and Susan Dunn rel...

How to get "Remember Me Next Time" CheckBox to persist my FormsAuthentication Cookie so users don't have to log in every time
Hello,  I am using a default Login control in ASP.NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2005. All I want to do is when a user logs in and authenticates, if they check the "Remember Me Next Time" checkbox, their user credentials don't expire with the default Session expire in web.config.  I have users logging in, hitting "Remember me next time" and then it remembers them whether the close out and go back in but only for the duration of the timeout attribute in web.config under forms authentication (which i have at 60 minutes) like so : <authentication mode="...

User time logged in minutes
How do I calculate how long a user has been logged in in minutes? I am using the default ASPNETDB.mdf to manage user logins. That's the problem with a stateless environment... you don't know exactly when the user leaves your site. Once the user has the HTML in his web browser, the connection between the client and the server is terminated. (This is the definition of "stateless") However, what you might be able to do is write code in the global.asax file's Session_Start event to store a time value for each session and then calculate the elapsed time in the Sessio...

user logged in time #2
Is there any way we could find out when a user logged into isql session last time. any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA If you are asking how to find out when a current session logged in, in ASE 12.5 a new field "loggedindatetime" was added to the sysprocesses table. If you are asking to find out when any given login last logged in, even if they aren't currently logged in, you can set up the sybsecurity database and audit successful login attempts. The audit tables will then be able to tell you when the last login occurred for any given user. -bret ...

How to determined when a user last logged on.
How may you determine when a user last logged on? Is there an sp for this? Patrick Krosbakken wrote: > How may you determine when a user last logged on? > Is there an sp for this? I don't think this is possible unless you use the auditing feature. > How may you determine when a user last logged on? > Is there an sp for this? If your release supports login triggers, you could use a login script that is run automatically when a user connects to record the date/time into a table. See the sp_modifylogin procedure documentation and System Administration Guide for logi...

Users First Time Logging In
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to vb.net and was wondering if anyone knows any good articles or sites dealing with this problem.I am creating a web application,the first page of this is a login page.What would be the best way to check against a sql server database to see if the user is logging on for the first time ?I also wish to give them the option to change their username and password which has already been set for them in the database.Only a certain amount of users will be using this app and their preliminary username and password is already stored in the database Thanks in advance f...

User first log and another logs. Stats for users, etc.
Hello!I will write what I have. I have simple membership provider and login/register control. But when the new user come to site, he can sign up. After click "Finish" or "Register" button, his account is saving, but is inactivate. He also gets an email with link to active the account ( link is like: http://mysite.com/activate.aspx?id=XXXXXX, where XXXXXX is simply his GUID number, so activating user is very easy - aproove user where userId = GUID). Ok. But I have problem. How to make simply logger counter for each user ?Simply: "Hello User, this is your 123 log on this portal" My q...

Track time for user logged In
when a user is successfully logged in using form authentication, can i keep track of how long he is logged in until he either logs out or he closes his browser. Any Idea How I can do this? Any article or code wher i can get some help. regards, pbn You could have a table that tracks user logins and logouts. When a user first requests your page, you could make an entry into this table with the date and time. Then, for every subsequent page request you could treat that as a logout time, because they might not request any more pages. If they DO click your logout link , then you'd have...

Web resources about - Last time user logged in - sybase.sqlserver.general

Not logged in - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not logged in Jump to: navigation , search Please log in to view or edit items on your watchlist. Retrieved from " http://en.wikipedia.org/w ...

Facebook Subtly Nudges Less-Active Users With Friends Logged In, Time Since Last Update
... subtle nudges from the social network in the form of messages under their status update forms telling them how many of their friends have logged ...

Facebook hides page content from logged-out users
Facebook pages are no longer visible to users who are logged out of the social network. Users who visit fan pages without being signed into ...

Schuler Benson met his future wife after Facebook glitch logged him into her account
... man it turned out to be his portal to true love. Six years ago Schuler Benson switched on his phone to find that he had been accidentally logged ...

Water-logged victory proof St George Illawarra Dragons can keep pouring it on, says Gareth Widdop
St George Illawarra five-eighth Gareth Widdop says he knew the Dragons were the real deal when he walked victorious from a sodden Allianz Stadium ...

Our hearts and minds agree: national parks should not be logged
Responding to an opinion piece from Timber NSW, Warrick Jordan argues that science and our love of country tell us that logging has no place ...

Facebook Beats $15 Billion Lawsuit Over Tracking Logged-Out Users
Facebook won dismissal of a $15 billion lawsuit accusing the company of secretly tracking the Internet activity of its users after they log off. ...

Twitter To Test Promoted Tweets To Logged-Out Users
Twitter is testing a way to surface promoted tweets , even if a user is not logged into the service. Twitter announced Thursday that they’re ...

Spotify Bug Kept Users Logged In to Facebook Even After They Disconnec - Liz Gannes - Social - AllThingsD ...
Spotify's music software recently had a bug since removed that logged users back in to their Facebook accounts even after they'd actively disconnected. ...

Facebook sued for tracking users, even after they logged out
Hundreds of millions of people use Facebook and like (and love) it, but the regular stream of privacy problems encouraged me to delete my account ...