ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received

Has anyone seen this?

Server: Sun Solaris
Client: Winnt-sybase system 10

john.taber@cntcorp.com
0
Anonymous
9/15/2000 8:54:01 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I have the same thing that happens on:

Server: Windown NT - Sybase 11 & Sybase 12

Client: Alpha VMS Sybase system 10

I have never been able to track down the cause.

<Anonymous@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone seen this?
>
> Server: Sun Solaris
> Client: Winnt-sybase system 10
>
> john.taber@cntcorp.com

0
Sybase
9/17/2000 5:50:55 PM
What are your server settings for:
default network packet size
max network packet size

What is your client setting for the packet size?
What version is the server?  System 10.what?
What version of open client?

If you are still on System 10 then upgrading to at least 11.5.1.1 (better
yet 11.9.2 or 12.0) may fix the problem according to case 10483568.

--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

win 2000 and TCP entry in syl.ini (ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed)
Hallo, I've get an "ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed" error. I'tried to connect to database (11.9.x) via an entry like: [MyDB] master=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 query=TCP,195.178.103.120,11000 The Server and the client running on an Windows2000 machine. If I try to connect from another pc it doesn't work, too. If I connect with NLMSNMP it works fine, but I must have an TCP because I am using JConnect! Thanks, Ralf ...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

Network packet layer error
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

network packet layer error
I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? mflower wrote... > I'm trying to connect to the SQL server and getting this err msg: internal > net library error: net-lib protocol driver call to write > data failed. Anyone knows what's wrong? > It could be that your interfaces file is not set up properly. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services ...

network packet layer error
I am trying to set up sybase to have one sybase application (solaris) talk to another (dec unix). I get the following error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to connect two endpoints failed Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Kathy Holland kholland1@home.com ...

Network Packet Layer Error
When updating a text column with this char(133) from a Visual Foxpro 6 application I receive the following error: DIAG [S1000] [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect (6) This error only occurs at one client site of mine using Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.5.1/P/HP9000-800/HP-UX 10.0/1/opt/Sun Mar 8 09:27:07 PST 1998. I am not able to recreate the error on any other platform. Thank You Phil Rogers Phil, The error is coming from the netlib layer of O...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library erro...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed
The below message log is a series of events happened in a Sybase client. More detail is given below. Please provide your suggestions if you have encountered this before The OS is Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 5) and Sybase 12.5.1. we also applied latest patches from sybase 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Calling eaDatabase client callback function eaSybCtCb> 09262005 212550 ErrorMsg: (TID3155296384) <Client callback is called. Error number is <84083975> Message is <ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error:...

Cleint ERROR
Hi, I'm working on hpux 10.20 with ctlib 11.1. I have a program that receives a notification and right after it tries to retrieve a table. The retrieve fails with the following error: Client ERROR: Severity 5 number 18 Layer 5 Origin 1 Text: ct_result(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received. If I put a delay between the notification reception and the retrieve - everything works fine. Any ideas ?? ...

network packet layer error #2
hi i am using ASE 12.5.2 we are using a powerbuilder utility which reads data from a text file line by line does some front end validation and inserts into the database through a stored procedure. The size size of the text file is huge and it takes nearly 3 hours to complete usually. But now its throwing the following database errors and aborting after one or two hours. " ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" "ct_cmd_alloc(): user api layer: external error: The connection has been marked...

Network packet layer error #2
I have migrated a 11.9.2 server to 12.0.0.8 (on a new machine). Our front-end application written in PB9.0 in certain circumstances looses its connection with "ct_send(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to write data failed". It only occurs after a particular sequence of sql statements in one area of the application. All other areas (of the application) function correctly. I have traced the sql statements sent to the server (from the app) and nothing seems out of the ordinary. This error occurs if the client PC has 11...

ct-lirary error: network packet layer
Hi can someone help to decipher what this error means? ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library error terminated due to disconnect Im trying to connect to ms sql 7.0 from a linux sybase ase any help please??? Anonymous@sybase.com wrote: > > Hi can someone help to decipher what this error means? > > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library > error terminated due to disconnect > > Im trying to connect to ms sql 7.0 from a linux sybase ase > > any help please??? CT-Libr...

errors errors errors..

error error error

Error Sending Packet- Error
SQLA 5.5.05.2817 Server win2000 server Client - 98/Xp Every 3 or 4 of 10 Db client connection try fails. in the DB client Window below message displays: Error Sending packet- Error Error Sending packet- Error Error Sending packet- Error Any idea? This would seem to indicate a network problem since we are unable to send the packets. Have you done any diagnostics on the network? -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Pat...

Error, Error and more errors

General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer...The system specific error code is -6993
Mobilink 8.0.0.2213 ASA 8.0.0.2213 Some of our Mobilink clients were intermittently getting failures which showed at the consolidated as - "General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer. The operation would cause blocking. The system specific error code is -6993(...)" - which we were brushing off as 'comms problems', as this was the only advice we could find. Two clients now *persistently* get this error, so it's time to delve. Can anyone shed light? Looking at the debug messages at the consolidated end, it appears as though the upl...

Network packet layer error with ASE 11.9.2 on NT4
G'Day, Would anyone happen to come across this type of problem, with ASE 11.9.2 and pb5. In the postopen event of a window, a seperate transaction object is created and used. The information for this transaction object is copied from sqlca. This problem didn't occur on ASE 11.5.1, but occurs on ASE 11.9.2, both on NT4. The first time the window is opened it connects fine, close the window down and re-open it, and the following error occurs "ct_close(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" and...

Network packet layer error with ASE 11.9.2 on NT4
G'Day, Would anyone happen to come across this type of problem, with ASE 11.9.2 and pb5. In the postopen event of a window, a seperate transaction object is created and used. The information for this transaction object is copied from sqlca. This problem didn't occur on ASE 11.5.1, but occurs on ASE 11.9.2, both on NT4. The first time the window is opened it connects fine, close the window down and re-open it, and the following error occurs "ct_close(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect" and...

General network error. Check your network documentation. Error number 11
  Hi,I am getting the following error (When i am trying to update the column thru windows service) Please let me know the solution for the following.The following error is comming only when i set CommandTimeout to infinity (Commandtimeout=0).General network error.  Check your network documentation. Number 11 Procedure ConnectionRead (recv()). Class 20 State 0 Source .Net SqlClient Data Provider Server  Line number 0 Thanks and Best RegardsNagaraju A Then I probably wouldn't set the CommandTimeout to zero, that's an easy fix. For other ideas of what might be...

error message: "General network error. Check your network documentation."
I am getting the error below when I try to bind data to a drop down box using data adapter. This error is random. I have been getting the same type of error when I used data reader. Anyone knows how to prevent these generic network errors? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- General network error. Check your network documentation. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code...

Web resources about - ct_connect(): network packet layer: external error: There is a protocol packet error. An illegal length was received - sybase.sqlserver.general