Copying information from One table to Another from 2 different databases on one server

Can I copy accross databases e.g.:

In MS SQL I can:

Insert into Database2..customer
select * from Database1..customer

Thanks in Advance

0
Derrick
9/7/2000 6:17:30 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes you can. The syntax in Sybase is same.
0
kumara
9/7/2000 6:55:17 PM
The syntax is the same if you are on ASE.  ASA does not support that
syntax.  You need to use a Proxy table instead.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
Jim

how to copy one table from one database to another on different servers?
 Hello. I need to copy all of the rows in a table from a database on one server, to another existing table of the same name in a different database on a different server.  I'm trying to use a SELECT INTO statement.  Any idea how to do this?I've tried SELECT          *   INTO                  DestinationServer.dbo.DestinationDB.DestinationTableFROM             &nb...

import one table from one database to another database
if i have one table from database A, and i want to copy the table to database B, then how to do it in SQL server management studio express? is it i have to make sql query?Taj FreewarezNo limitations...It is not a shareware...It is simply free :)http://tajfreeware.blogspot.com try      select * into databaseB.dbo.TableA            from databaseA.dbo.TableA or go to database B and run   select * into TableA              from databaseA.dbo.TableA...

How to copy a table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie using pb8.02 I'm uisng ms-access 2000 I'd database abc & xyz that contains customer table I want to copy some record on abc.customer to xyz.customer How ? What is the easy way ? should I using datawindow ? (i meant should I always had dw to got this purpose ? ) please advice steven DataWindow purists will flinch, but I think an embedded SQL INSERT INTO xyz.customer (SELECT ... FROM abc.customer) is the clearest way to do that. Two datawindows/datastores, retrieve the first, RowsCopy, Update on the second will also work. Pi...

copying tables from one database to another database
i am using visual web developer 2005 and SQL Express 2005 with VB  as the code behindi have two databases . i want to copy all the tables with all the contents from one database to another database programaticallyhow to achieve this ?please help me  easiest way is to use the detach - attach method or backup and restoreKH...

How to copy table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm uisng pb8 How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer table in (XYZ databases) the selection row is : select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15 Please show me the code, step by step steven On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:30:37 -0400, steven wrote: >Hello to you, >I'm uisng pb8 > >How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer >table in (XYZ databases) > >the selection row is : >select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15 > >Please show me the code...

how can I copy the entire database from one sql server to another sql server?
How can I copy the entire database (all the objects from one database to another database)? thanks in advance. Use DTS (right click on a database in Enterprise Manager, select All Tasks, and then Import or Export, as appropriate). You can also back up the database and then restore on the other server.Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog hi Douglas, Thanks for your post. I was looking at the Database Copy Wizard. But it says my local system does not have the permission to copy files over the network. I looked over some tuturials and changed ...

copying a table from one database to another
Hey in query analyzer, how do you copy a table form one db to another db i thort it was something like select * into dbo.databaseA.tableNew from dbo.databaseB.tableOld cheers  insert into databaseA..tableNew select * From databaseb..tableOld   The difference between SELECT INTO and INSERT INTO is that with INSERT the table must already exist. SELECT INTO creates a new table. Your original query looked okay, assuming that you wanted a new table tableNew. What error were you getting? You might also have a permissions problem since you are going from one database to a...

copy database from one server to another
Hi: I have a MSSQL 2005 database in current server, since we are going to shift to another server, I need to copy the database to the new server for testing. Can you please let me know what is the best way to do that? I have tried to use detach and attach, or "back up the database and then restore on the other server.", but seems not working for me. I want step by step instruction since I am pretty new for the DB migration. Thanks. Jt Hello Jt, Do you know why the detach/attach and backup/restore are not working properly? They are created to do these kind of actions. H...

How to copy a table from one database to another.
How can we copy a table from one database to another database in ASA 7. On Nov 13, 5:43=A0pm, Deepali wrote: > How can we copy a table from one database to another > database in ASA 7. you can use remote servers. Remote servers in ASA 7 can be any ODBC existing on PC. ASA 7 database which connect to remote servers and ODBC "where" connect must be on same machine, but ODBC can reference any server visible to that PC. In short, start both database on separate ASA 7 server. Create ODBC for each database. With sybase central at destination database create remote server...

Copy a table from a one database to another
Hi. I need to copy a table from one database to another with all the records the first has, but when I use the pipeline in the powerbuilder enviroment it only copy the table with no records. Is there any way to use the pipeline to append the records from a table that is in a diferent database. Any help would be apreciated. Hi, AFAIK, you can use the pipeline object to do this. One of the options of the pipeline object is 'Append'. HTH -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve...

Copying a table from one database to another?
Hi,Whats the best and easiest way to copy a table from one database to another via ASP.net?I want to copy from SQL Server to Oracle.  I have an ODBC connection for Oracle.I was thinking I could use a DataSet, but wasn't sure of the details on doing this.  Am I off base on this?What I have so far..1) I can get the data from SQL Server into a DataSet.2) I can establish a connection to Oracle via ODBC and the database has the appropriate table structure.How do I 'use' the SQL Server DataSet to copy the data to Oracle?Thanks,Scott  Here is the code I have so far...&n...

How to copy a database from one server to another.
Hi    Need help.    I use management studio express edition. I connected to one server thru VPN, how can i copy a database from that server to local one?.   Thanks     Hi, 3 basic way: - doing database back up with right click "Tasks.." > "Back up.." and then going and copy the DB_Name.bak file from your sql server instance name folder, to your local Backup server folder and "Restore" it from  management studio. - detach  the database "Tasks.." > "Detach..." copy it from your C:\P...

Copy tables from one database to another?
Hello there, Is there an easy way to copy alle tables from one database to another?I have not really tried to create tables or copy or something like that, so i dont even know if its possible?Hope some of you can help me, ----------------Regards,Jeppe Richardt Hey you could use SQL Bulkcopy:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqlbulkcopy(VS.80).aspx Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Copy table from one database to another
Hi, I need to create a exe, that will copy some columns from one table (present in DB1)  to another table (present in DB2). I need to do in C#. I got no idea from where to start. Can someone please help me out. Thanks in advance. I'm missing how this is Web related (Asp.Net)? Hi amp0201, You can execute this sql: SELECT * INTO TableTemp FROM Table http://www.sqlservercurry.com/2008/03/copy-table-from-one-database-to-another.html  Thanks,Qin Dian TangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they ...

Web resources about - Copying information from One table to Another from 2 different databases on one server - sybase.sqlserver.general

Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

Laws to repress information about detention could be unconstitutional
George Williams tallies 350 Australian laws that now infringe basic democratic standards.

Personal information of more than 190m American voters appears online
Questions raised about the security chops of political campaigns who increasingly hold large caches of personal data. Information about 191 million ...

Researchers say retrieving information from a black hole might be possible
... script tells us we can enter a black hole and then use it to transcend space and time. In the film, the black hole also leaks out information ...

"Conservatives tend to be a lot more reactive to negative information and they also tend to be a lot ...
"... and they also tend to have less tolerance for ambiguity. Conservatives would prefer a negative concrete statement to a slightly positive, ...

New Media Completes Acquisition of the Business Information Division of Dolan LLC
New Media Investment Group Inc. (“New Media” or the “Company”, NYSE:NEWM) announced today that it has completed the previously ...

Samsung Galaxy S7 Release Date Rumor: China Mobile Leaks Information that S7 ...
Christian Post Samsung Galaxy S7 Release Date Rumor: China Mobile Leaks Information that S7 ... Christian Post Samsung Galaxy S6 Reuters/Kim ...

IDG Contributor Network: Information security don't let the apparent complexity intimidate you
... it was. This was a humbling experience, and cause for reflection. Those of us who spend most of our time immersed in the intricacies of information ...

A new thought experiment shows how we could get information from a black hole
Physicists think they've come up with a way to learn a bit about the interior of a black hole an impossible procedure that shows the insanity ...