BCP for MSSQL Server 6.5 & PowerBuilder

Help!, Help!

I am trying to use BCP for MSSQL Server 6.5 & PowerBuilder and have run
into a snag I also understand that Sybase SQL Server 10 & 11 use the same
structure.  I find references to DBPROCESS and LOGINREC structures.  I have
research Technet, MSDN, DB-Library Programming Guide, sqlfront.h and
sqldb.h and I have yet to find the structure definitions of these.  If
anyone knows where I can find the structure definitions of DBPROCESS and
LOGINREC and any other structures I might need please let me know.  Unlike
C or C++ I can not refer to these pointers in a header file I must have
them defined in PowerBuilder.

Regards,
Dave

0
David
10/16/1997 5:19:42 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Dave,

Sounds like you're reading the wrong stuff!

bcp is a command-line utility.  If that's what you're using, you need know
nothing about LOGINREC and DBPROCESS structures.

I think you've been reading in the bcp sub-library portion of DB-Library
materials?

I've been programming DB-Lib for 9 years.  I tripped over the layouts of
these structures a long time ago (pre Sybase 4.0, I think), but it's
useless info for developers.  Both structures are allocated within DB-Lib's
memory areas, not yours.  The pointers defined in c programs aren't even
used as pointers by the application!  The application merely holds the
pointer values for use by DB-Lib functions--pretty much a check-ticket from
the coatroom.  Mucking around in these structures could produce disastrous
results; the DB-Lib functions will do anything you'd hope to do.

IOW, I wouldn't tell you, even if I had the layouts :-)

You also mentioned "have them defined in PB"...  I don't use PB, so I
suggest you head for powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general for starters.
The other users and Team Powersoft should be able to get you home from left
field.

Paul [Team Sybase]

0
Paul
10/17/1997 3:24:16 AM

Dave,
OK, you've been reading the wrong stuff, but for the right reasons :). And

yes, you're talking bcp sub-library of DB-Library.

I'll agree with you halfway: you need PDBPROCESS and PLOGINREC, but not as

structures; you merely need something large enough to hold a pointer for

the memory model used by DB-Library. Used-to-was DB-Lib in Windows was

medium model, so the pointers were short. I haven't looked in quite some

time, so I don't know what models PB and DB-Lib are using. When

programming c modules in large or huge model, we had some casting to do.

You seem to be sufficiently versed in c/c++ for me to be able to converse

in c terminology. Anyway, making sure we're on the same page--medium model

pointers are short, being merely the offset within a 64K segment; large

model pointers are long, containing both the segment address and offset

(but a rollover in offset doesn't bump the segment portion--huge does

that).

The medium model DB-Lib and the large model application "conflict" was

where MS support (I was with a VAR at the time) pointed out that the

structures are not mine, nor are they in my memory segments. So as long as

I held DB-lib's pointer values and passed them in the right size, I'm OK.

I think that's all you need to do in PB! You're "that close" but not being

a PB developer, I don't know the specifics. A 4-byte variable will do for

storing the return values; however, if DB-Library is still (or your version

is still) medium model, then you have to pass only the low-order half of

the value. And that might raise the question of byte-switching for value

storage. c casting takes care of that; I don't know what you have to do in

PB.

I say, fiddle with it!

Paul [Team Sybase]

P.S. Let's get this back in the newsgroup so other folks may benefit or

contribute. Sometimes it takes a couple of message to get the ball rolling

('specially if I'm wrong--they'll really jump in :))

Paul V. Piescik wrote in article
<01bcdab4$ebced360$0300a8c0@PiescikP.us.dbisna.com>...

>Dave,
>
>Sounds like you're reading the wrong stuff!
>
>bcp is a command-line utility.  If that's what you're using, you need know
>nothing about LOGINREC and DBPROCESS structures.
>
>I think you've been reading in the bcp sub-library portion of DB-Library
>materials?
>
>I've been programming DB-Lib for 9 years.  I tripped over the layouts of
>these structures a long time ago (pre Sybase 4.0, I think), but it's
>useless info for developers.  Both structures are allocated within DB-Lib's
>memory areas, not yours.  The pointers defined in c programs aren't even
>used as pointers by the application!  The application merely holds the
>pointer values for use by DB-Lib functions--pretty much a check-ticket from
>the coatroom.  Mucking around in these structures could produce disastrous
>results; the DB-Lib functions will do anything you'd hope to do.
>
>IOW, I wouldn't tell you, even if I had the layouts :-)
>
>You also mentioned "have them defined in PB"...  I don't use PB, so I
>suggest you head for powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general for starters.
>The other users and Team Powersoft should be able to get you home from left
>field.
>
>Paul [Team Sybase]

0
David

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Crystal Reports 8.5 && PB 6.5.1 && SQLServer 2K
I am trying to incorporate Crystal Reports(8.5) into my PowerBuilder App(PB 6.5.1) but i getting an error(599) ... i am also using SQLServer 2000 for my database ... I am doing API calls to the CRPE.DLL file. My Question are : 1.) Fisrt off which all files(dlls) would i have to include in my releases so that i can have this feature work smoothly without any problems on other client machine that do nothave the Crystal Reports software intalled . 2.) Do i have to specify the Datasource though pb codes ... i was told that once i have specified one through my System DSN that the app w...

Q: ASA 6.03 & Proxy Tables (connecting to MSSQL SERVER 6.5...)
Hi, I created some proxy tables to access data on a MSSQL server 6.5 db. I created some remote servers in order to create the proxy tables. I got this error using "Microsoft SQL Server" as Server Class: "Unable to connect to Server <server name>: can't find method mssql.IsConnected". Do anyone knows the reason of this message ? Using "Generic Server" as Server Class solved the problem but I don't think it's the right manner. In a Power++ application I used two queries with the method WQuery::Execute(): --- 1st query: ---------...

A SQLServer request resulted in a bad return code..(PB6.5, MSSQL 6.5&7.0)
I'm getting this DB error message when I'm executing a stored procedure in a cursor from Powerscript. The OPEN works fine, but when I do the FETCH, I get this. What causes this? I'm using the MSSql server Native driver, even the EPF version from build 580. It happens for all versions. Is there a DBParm setting that I need to change? I tried playing with a number of parms, namely Async, CursorScroll, StaticBind, nothing seems to work. Thanks very much in advance. -- Note: To reply via email, please delete the caps from my address. Does it happen for all stored pro...

PB 6.5 & MSSQL 6.5->7
I have several heavily used and widely distributed apps that use ODBC to connect to MSSQL 6.5. I would like to upgrade my database to MSSQL 7. Obviously, it would be great if I could just turn off the old server and plug in the new server (same name, ip address) and have the apps connect to it with their current setups. This doesn't seem very likely. What would you suggest as the best approach? Thanks for your suggestions. Jeremy You will have to have a test server to do this for the first time. Weather it will be smooth or not, it depends on three major factors: the ...

Win2k3 Server, Novell 6.5 SBS server, Groupwise 5.5 -> Groupwise 6.5
I have a client that just recently implemented a Win2k3 server as their "main" file server. They are also currently running an old NW 4.2 SBS box with Groupwise 5.5 and we are replacing that with a new box running NW 6.5 and GW6.5 ( the users are currently authenticating to *both* servers ). Note that they will only use the NW box for Groupwise - absolutely nothing else. Given that, I have a few questions: 1. Should I remove the Novell client from each user's computer and let Groupwise handle the saving of passwords? It seems like having the Novell client is just ad...

Performance Issue with PowerBuilder 6.5 Native Drivers and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, I'm having a performance issue with the PB 6.5 Native driver with MSSQL 6.5, if i'm using the ODBC my request to the database are responding really fast, but i want to use to Native drivers. Before i was using the 16 bit Native drivers and it was working fine, but since i've changed to the 32 bit PB 6.5 native driver, most of my db request are really slow. I've search on the sybase infobase and i can't find anything... Could somebody give my advise.... Thanks Mark ...

Server Magic and Netware 5.1, 6.0 & 6.5
I just wanted to make sure that power quest server magic works will all NetWare versions... I was thinking about using it as we hear from our friends that you can take image of your all servers and during disaster you can restore it without reinstalling Server OS, NDS object including licenses, queues and usernames...is it true? If yes, how easy it is? Please advice.. Which version? 6.5 should work with these -- HOWEVER, there are issues with later NSS updates (especially with 6.5). Instead of using it, consider Portlock's Storage Manager which is supported with curr...

Warning: Server Magic 6.5 & Novell 6.5 SP2.
For those of you who use Server Magic 6.5 (Now Symantec), it will not work with Novell 6.5 sp2. I have been informed that there are no plans at present to address this problem by symantec, or upgrade the software. So either downgrade to SP1, or don't use server magic. Regards, ChasR. chas@northern-connection.co.uk wrote: > For those of you who use Server Magic 6.5 (Now Symantec), it will not > work with Novell 6.5 sp2. I have been informed that there are no plans at > present to address this problem by symantec, or upgrade the software. So > either downgr...

Crystal Reports && Power Builder 6.5.1 && SQLServer 2k
Has anyone sucessfully integrated and deployed Crystal Reports(8.5) in a PB(6.5.1) application??? My app. seams to work fine at times but have problems sometimes too. I am thinking that my problems are due to a databse connection. Would i have to write pb code to choose a datasource and connect to database for my Crystal Reports??? I taught that once i have create a datsource for my reports this would automatically connect to the database using this datasource.Well once my reports Run Fine from the CRystal REports Application it works fine on my machine . If the reports don'...

PowerBuilder 6.5 & Groupwise 5.5 on Windows 95
> I am having problems with my powerbuilder 6.5 email > application. All I want > to do is send emails out from my app to groupwise > 5.5 to email our list > server. The code I used worked perfectly with > Mircosoft Outlook but the > clients were developing the software for, use > Groupwise 5.5. The program I > developed doesnt come up with any errors when it > tries to communicate with > groupwise. I test for everything the log on to the > mail session and to check > to see if it has been sent and the return codes are > all ...

OES 6.5.3 Licenced/Works with 6.5 server & User licenses
HI there, quick query - have a few site with 6.5 server & user licenses and need to replace old hardware, so 2 questions 1. Does the OES (NETWARE) disk set work with existing 6.5 server and user licenses? Can I select OES - not 6.5sp3 - during install to get newer Imanager? 2. If it works, is it legal/acceptable to do this? thanks, peter. --____NAIEIZFGGJFSZCGPXIMI____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I would assume this is valid. Netware 6.5 licenses work with Netware 6.5 = sp3 or OES. The only difference i...

Web resources about - BCP for MSSQL Server 6.5 & PowerBuilder - sybase.sqlserver.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles