ASE workgroup - ASE Enterprise

hi,

what the diference between ASE workgroup and ASE Enterprise, to which
systems apply workgroup or enterprise.

is an AlphaServer 4000 (DIGITAL SERVER 7305) workgroup and unix
and ASE 12.0 will be avaliable for true unix (DEC UNIX).

thanks in advance

0
joan
12/23/1999 1:13:40 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What generals generally do

SiteScape Enterprise Forum? Has anyone heard of it? Also, enterprise portals in general
Has anyone ever worked with a product called SiteScape Enterprise Forum? The company site is http://www.sitescape.com/site/content/products/forum_7-1/ss_forum.php They have a hosted version at http://www.webworkzone.com I work in an office within a center of a large organization comprised of many centers with sub offices. The center is trying to roll out this product to meet enterprise wide needs for collaboration and distributed workforce management. But, in speaking with some of the contractors that have been involved in the customization, they do not speak too glowingly of it. It...

sqlserver.general newsgroup
Hi : I am not able to read any messages from this newsgroup. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason? The message I am getting is: "Press <Space> to display the selected message. You can also choose to automatically show messages in the preview pane from the Options command." I am not also able to see the question I posted and the answers. Thanks, Arthi. Arthi Jayasundar wrote: > > Hi : > > I am not able to read any messages from this newsgroup. Can anyone tell me > what could be the reason? > The message I am getting is:...

Workgroup vs. enterprise edition
APPEON for powerbuilder 5.0. If developing pb apps only, do you know which one is better?? The distinction between the editions is based on CPU and scalability features. You would make a decision between Workgroup or Enterprise based on the projected usage of the application. Workgroup provides a 2 CPU/single machine license with no upgrade capabilites. Workgroup also doesn't support load balancing or failover. Enterprise is licensed per CPU (so you can expand as your application user base expands) and includes clustering, load balancing, and failover features. ...

General Questions on .NET Enterprise Library 2.0
I  understand that the Enterprise Library is a collection of code and classes you can use based on industry standards.  What I don't know is, if I'm using stuff like DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase().ExecuteNonQuery can I no longer use stuff like BeginExecuteNonQuery in ADO.NET?  I tend to think I'm limited when using the classes inside the library because a lot of code examples out there use methods and classes that Intellisense either doesn't show in the Enterprise classes (since many are wrapped up inside the EL) or the existing classes i'm using in the EL provide no way to ...

SQLServer Locking Issues
Greetings all, I am having trouble with my datawindows locking up an SQL Server database. I have code that inserts a row into a database and then does an update(). Then I destroy the datawindow. Right now I am using the following code in my application open event When I had trouble with locking before, setting autocommit = false seemed to help: SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=XXXXX;UID=XXXXX;PWD=XXXXXX',StripParmNames='Yes'" CONNECT; Here is the code from my odbc setup in the PB database...

How to Connect to my Web-Site'SqlServer through Enterprise Manager?
Hi all, I have Sql Server 2000 installed in my home and also i have a website that works with Sql Server2000 and .Net FrameWork v1.1 ,now i want to know is it possible to connect from my home SqlServer to Host SqlServer( where my Website resides )  through Enterprise manager or Query Analizer to do some data-manipulation And how? Thanks in advance.Regards.  Nothing Is Quite Impossible !!! You have to ask for Enterprise Manager access from the hosting company if not they will not offer it. Then you can use the backup and restore wizard to move your databases between server...

Where do I find .nlf file for Open Enterprise Workgroup Suite
Recently bought an upgrade from Netware 6.5 500 users licenses to Open Enterprise Workgroup Suite, for 750 users. Where and how do I get the new .NLF file to put into the tree??? Didn't you get an email with the license download instructions? -- Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6) > Didn't you get an email with the license download instructions? > > -- > Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6) If I did, I missed it...Found it on the Novell Customer Center.. ...

enterprise/unicode
Hello, I'm using PowerBuilder 6.5.1 Enterprise for Unicode and Enterprise/32. I would like to know how to detect if I'm in Unicode or in 32. The env.pbtypes command tell me only "Enterprise!". Any idea? Thanks in advance, David Gallone ...

General
Hi i have some textbox and Richtext box when i type the data and click save  the data will bind to the Gridview.. I had set width for each field , Suppose while I insert data , without anyspace in the Richtextbox and click save the data binded to the gridview show Lengthy line its look so bad all alignment are changes so how shall i avoid this , else how can i insert  break line or ( space ) at the end of the each line in the richtextbox... can anyone give solution pls...  Regards,M.VenkatesanMy Blog : http://venkat-dotnetsamples.blogspot.comPlease remember to click “...

SqlServer
HI, I am using GridView as                               Image        Quotes         Postdate        Actions Database Types       Varchar     Varchar         Datetime       Activate  Delete The problem is I a...

general
mailto:laura.biding@ntlworld.com ...

SqlServer
When I am trying to insert values into a table which is created using Sql Server. I am gettin Sql Exception : " String or Binary Data would be truncated.The Statement has been terminated. " Please help me out to trouble shoot this error.   With regards Khasim the string ur sending to ur database, is larger than the amount specified for that field Meaning if u have varchar(10) for ur field in datatbase increase it lets say to varchar(100). that should workRegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hey Khas...

Security confegration in ASP.NET 2.0 & SQLServer 2005 Enterprise
hello I am a new member ... I have a problem ...I clicked ---- website -> ASP.NET configuration then i chose (security) so I have the error that it couldn't connect to SQL Server database .. I use SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition ... all services are running ..... My friend uses SQL server 2005 express edition and every thing is going alright with him ........please help me to run it on my version of SQL ServerI need it .. thanks in advance  Help yourself by helping otherswww.itgroup-sy.net  Please give the full error message.Don't forget to click...

General
Name: Andrew Email: anile_at_postmaster.co.uk Product: Minefield Summary: General Comments: The new UI is much more responsive, smaller and cleaner. The spell checking is quite amazing and will help us all with our posting like this one. I couldn't find any localised options but I'm sure they'll be implemented. Not sure about add-ons being so called, can't they be called "Extensions and Themes?" Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060711 Minefield/3.0a1 (bangbang023) ...

Web resources about - ASE workgroup - ASE Enterprise - sybase.sqlserver.general

Enterprise Apps Today - CRM, business intelligence and ERP news and research
News and research on CRM, business intelligence, ERP, supply chain management and other enterprise applications.

The Enterprise, MA News - Brockton, MA - The Enterprise
Was Keith Luke insane when he went on a rampage in Brockton on Jan. 21, 2009, killing two people and wounding another? Catch up on what people ...

VoIP Business, VoIP Technology, VoIP Security - Fierce Enterprise Communications
Visit FierceVoIP for the latest updates in VoIP business, unified communications, VoIP technology, mobile VoIP, VoIP security and more VoIP news. ...

Forest City Enterprises - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Forest City Enterprises ( NYSE : FCEA , NYSE : FCEB ) is a $9-billion diversified real estate management and development company based in Cleveland ...

IBT Media Names Enterprise Editor
IBT Media has named John Simons enterprise editor, a new role at the company. Simons most recently served as IBT’s business editor. “John is ...

HPQ Plunges 14%, Enterprise Rises: A Tale of Two Companies
Shares of HP Inc. ( HPQ ) and of Hewlett-Packard Enterprise ( HPE ) are going in sharply different directions today, exacerbating the difference ...

HP unveils Elite x2 Windows 10 hybrid for enterprise customers
HP today announced the HP Elite x2 a hybrid it says is perfectly designed for the mobile professional. According to HP, it is an "incredibly ...

Cisco acquiring UK-based Acano to bolster enterprise video products - Silicon Valley Business Journal ...
The San Jose-based networking giant is paying $700 million in cash and equity for the privately held maker of video and audio technology.

50 enterprise startups to bet your career on in 2016
... from big guys (like Google) to startups have entered the market. But Docker is still the big Kahuna. Cloudera: big data software that enterprises ...

Whitman: HP Enterprise has good start
"The turnaround is working in enterprise services," Hewlett Packard Enterprise CEO Meg Whitman says.