11.0.3 to 11.0.2

--------------8BCD235133A5E6297E3B44C0

The question:
Can I take a dump of a database that is on an 11.0.2 server and load it
into a 11.0.3 server, without having to do any maintenance on the
database once it's in the 11.0.3 server?

The reason:
We have a production server that is version 11.0.2.  Nightly, we dump
the production server and load it into a development server, also
11.0.2.  Now, we are in the midst of upgrading our development servers
from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3.

Any help would be great.  Thanks.
Doug

--------------8BCD235133A5E6297E3B44C0

that is on an 11.0.2 server and load it into a 11.0.3 server, without having
is version 11.0.2.&nbsp; Nightly, we dump the production server and load
it into a development server, also 11.0.2.&nbsp; Now, we are in the midst

--------------8BCD235133A5E6297E3B44C0--

0
Douglas
4/16/1999 4:02:43 PM
sybase.sqlserver.general 4269 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:02:43 -0400, Douglas W Lutz
<douglas_lutz@reyrey.com> wrote:

>The question:
>Can I take a dump of a database that is on an 11.0.2 server and load it
>into a 11.0.3 server, without having to do any maintenance on the
>database once it's in the 11.0.3 server?

yes, it will be automatically converted when you set it online.

Reinoud van Leeuwen
Sybase Professional Services Maarssen / The Netherlands
0
reinoud

Downgrade from 11.0.3.2 to 11.0.2.2
Greetings! Could anyone list out the procedure to downgrade the the SQL Server from 11.0.3.2 and 11.0.2.2. I installed 11.0.3.2 on a separate directory and did the upgradation. I just want to prepare in advance to go back to 11.0.2.2 in case we face any problems with the new release. Thanks, - John John Smith wrote: > > Greetings! > > Could anyone list out the procedure to downgrade the the SQL Server from > 11.0.3.2 and > 11.0.2.2. I installed 11.0.3.2 on a separate directory and did the > upgradation. > I just want to prepare in advance to go...

11.0.3.2 vs 11.0.3.3
Dear All, I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? Best Regards, Colin Colin wrote: > > Dear All, > > I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I > have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is > it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? > Just a number of bugfixes. I don't believe any of them are Y2K rel...

11.0.2 to 11.0.3
Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless? Are there any issues to be concerned about? Thanks in advance. Doug Doug, You should utilize 11.0.3.3 if you can. That's more recent than plain 11.0.3. You can do an upgrade in place for this. John McVicker Sybase Professional Services Philadelphia, PA Automotive Division wrote: > > Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless? Are there any issues > to be concerned about? > > Thanks in advance. > Doug We are in the same boat. I assume you have to upgrade to 11.0.3 first ...

Upgrading from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3
Hi sybase I need to upgrade a server from the 11.0.2 to the 11.0.3 but I can find no documentation describing this procedure. I would be most grateful if you could send me detailed instructions and the script for performing this upgrade. Thanks Idan from NEXUS telecommunications inc. Astar wrote: > I need to upgrade a server from the 11.0.2 to the 11.0.3 but I can find > no documentation describing this procedure. > > I would be most grateful if you could send me detailed instructions and > the script for performing this upgrade. Its pretty tr...

upgrade 11.0.2 to 11.0.3
upgrade fails with message in sybinit log : Database model must be altered to have at least 1 more MB. Database sybsystemprocs must be altered to have at least 1 more MB. although model was left as it is after install, and sybsystemprocs is 50MB (min. 21MB according to manual). Is there someone, who has similar experiences and can help? Thanks in advance Reinhold Reinhold Mrazek <reinhold.mrazek@adidas.de> wrote: >upgrade fails with message in sybinit log : > Database model must be altered to have at least 1 more MB. > Datab...

sybinbit troubles when upgrading from 11.0.2.2 to 11.0.3 on HP-UX
I'm having troubles with sybinit when trying to upgrade servers on our test box. Sometimes after all the pre-upgrade verification syninit's upgrade process gets to the point where it shuts down the SQL Server I get a connection timeout (see details below). The server does shutdown almost immediately, but somehow sybinit never figures that out. I'm looking for workarounds and want to be confident in them before I upgrade production. I've heard that a binary replacement is same same as using sybinit's upgrade process from some contacts at Sybase Tech Support, but a...

11.0.3.0 preupgrd prg to 11.9.2
I noticed my master db is only 5meg, so I tried to increase the device to 50meg but I get a "can not unbind from named cache" type of msg. I got the same with the systemproc database but for that I just backed up, dropped the db, recreate, and restore. I don't think I should be doing anything like that with the master db. What do I need to do here? Also on another machine I was able to upgrade to 11.9.2 and then I applied the EXE for the latest EBF. However, there is a instmastr file. What should I do to apply it? It seems to recreate the master db and I don't...

2.0.0.10 vs 2.0.0.11
Name: Nelson Email: Nelsonguayathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.10 vs 2.0.0.11 Comments: Previous versions were working fine. 2.0.0.10 was not working at all. I could not find anything wrong with the firewall and the antivirus controling HTTP trafic to explain the situation. 2.0.0.11 seems to have bring things back to normal. It is OK now. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

getting from 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.0.11
FF duly informs me that there's an update available. Fine. I d/l the update, agree to restart FF once it's installed, and ... it's still at 2.0.0.6? What's going on here? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Ken mckqed@gmail.com schrieb: > FF duly informs me that there's an update available. > > Fine. > > I d/l the update, agree to restart FF once it's installed, and ... > it's still at 2.0.0.6? > > What's going on here? > > Any suggestions would be very welcome. > > Ken Hi, please look i...

firefox 2.0.0.10 and 2.0.0.11
Name: Suzanne Email: syeeatrhsmithdotumddotedu Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 2.0.0.10 and 2.0.0.11 Comments: Ever since the updates to 2.0.0.10, our customers are not able to use iNotes (Lotus Domino Webmail) to attach any emails. It is possible that the fix "MFSA 2007-37 jar: URI scheme XSS hazard" is causing the errors. Our only results is to have people downgrade back to 2.0.0.9 or to use IE. I know its not really a bug because the fix is for security purposes, but many Lotus Notes users are not able to use iNotes to check their emails. Browser Detai...

big compatibility problem with 11.9.2 over 11.0.3.0?
Using RDO rdoParameters/VB5, stored procedure with 2 smallint parameters would fail. It used to work with 11.0.3.0. Also some other issues with DAO. Preupgrade and check was OK during the upgrade. Applying the latest patch for OpenClient, ODBC, ODBC catalog and use of set ansinull off seems to have solved most of the problems. Some triggers are getting implicit conversion errors that didn't appear before in 11.0.3.0. ...

Upgrade of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 AND 11.0 EBF's
X86 Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ChuckGo No. EBFs should only be applied against the MR that it is intended. The 1598 EBF is intended for 11.0.0. And EBF for 11.0.1 is pending. - chris Charles.Gogolin@stanleyassociates.com wrote: > X86 > > Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 > > Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 > > Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ...

Can we restore a database on ASE 11.0.3 which was on ASE 11.0.2 ?
Hi, I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2. Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ? Thanks very much. -- Have a nice day. Raphael Lignier Escalation Support Engineer ASCEND COMMUNICATIONS GIS - Sophia-Antipolis On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:02:30 -0800, Raphael Lignier <rlignier@ascend.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2. > >Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ? Yes, dumps are upward compatible (that is: you can load older dumps on newer servers). When conversion...

Dumps compatability between 11.0.3 and 11.0.2.x of SQL Server
Dear all, Is there any compatibilty problem with the dumps on Sco Openserver for SQL Server 11.0.3 and 11.0.2 I wish to load a dump from 11.0.3 to 11.0.2.x . I cannot install 11.0.3.2 now due to some reasons. Will dbcc fixvers allow me to load a 11.0.3 dump to 11.0.2.x Any information is welcome. Thanks in advance. Manojit Paul This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------31015174C369A52017E56DF4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit SPG-TECH-CALCUTTA wrote: > > Dear a...

Web resources about - 11.0.3 to 11.0.2 - sybase.sqlserver.general

Trump Makes Sexually Derogatory Remark About Hillary Clinton
In one of his most vicious attacks yet against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump used a sexually derogatory remark in reference ...

Kim Kardashian’s Butt Gets Its Own Emoji
When Kim Kardashian launched her new emoji app Monday, the reality star’s band of devoted, emoji-fluent fans responded accordingly — by overpopulating ...

The Known and Unknown Unknowns in the Republican Race Ahead
Some observations on the 2016 presidential race as we head into the dark period, i.e., the two weeks of Christmas and New Year's holidays in ...

NYPD Detective Among 6 U.S. Troops Killed in Afghanistan Suicide Bombing
One of the six American troops killed in a suicide attack in Afghanistan on Monday was Joseph Lemm, a New York City police detective, the Associated ...

SpaceX launches rocket 6 months after accident, then lands
It was the first time an unmanned rocket returned to land vertically at Cape Canaveral, Florida, and represented a tremendous success for SpaceX. ...

Big data's billion-dollar quality problem: 3 tips for sidestepping it
The costs of working with dirty data are staggering. Save money and time by following these tips on how to improve the quality of your company ...

Blatter, Platini affair marks 'new low point' in football
Leading figures in football hit out at the disgraced Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini after they were handed eight-year bans from the sport. FIFA ...

Oregon woman held in Las Vegas Strip sidewalk rampage drove with license suspended
Reuters Oregon woman held in Las Vegas Strip sidewalk rampage drove with license suspended Reuters LAS VEGAS An Oregon woman who killed one ...

Judge: Officers in Racists Texts Case Can Keep Their Jobs
Judge rules San Francisco police officers in racists texts case can keep their jobs

FDA lifts lifetime ban on gay men donating blood
CNN FDA lifts lifetime ban on gay men donating blood CNN (CNN) The Food and Drug Administration has lifted its lifetime ban on accepting blood ...