Upgrading ASE for NT 11.5 to 11.5.1 and OpenClient upgrades

Hello,

First, how do I get the upgrade kit to upgrade ASE for NT from 11.5 to
11.5.1?

Second, does the above upgrade kit also upgrade the OpenClient
libraries?

I found the "EBF" files on the Sybase web site.  Specifically,
EBF7786.zip, which has lots of fixes for OpenClient & OpenServer 11.1.1.
And EBF8015.zip, which has fixes for ASE 11.5.0.

I tried applying EBF8015.zip, but when I tried to starting the server, I
got the following error:
	The procedure entry point uniconv_unistreamToS could not be 	located in
the dynamic link library libunic.dll.

Fortunately, only 5 files were changed, so I was able to easily back out
this patch.

Should I have been able to apply these EBF files to my system?

I'd like to apply the OpenClient patches, but it contains LOTS of files
and would be a real pain to back out if it didn't work.

Thanks for any info.
0
Randy
9/9/1998 1:40:18 AM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Randy,
Order the 11.5.1 Maintenance Release (MR) directly from Sybase.
Usually, just call 1-800-8SYBASE (in the US) or contact your
sales rep or local tech support office and ask for it to be
shipped to you.
Then also order the following:

EBF 8037 - the latest EBF for NT ASE 11.5.1
EBF 8012 - the latest EBF for Open Client 11.1.1

Order of application:
11.5.1 MR
EBF 8037
EBF 8012

That should allow you to be completely up to date (until the next
ones come out any day now...)

John McVicker
Sybase Professional Services
Philadelphia, PA

Randy Moore wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First, how do I get the upgrade kit to upgrade ASE for NT from 11.5 to
> 11.5.1?
>
> Second, does the above upgrade kit also upgrade the OpenClient
> libraries?
>
> I found the "EBF" files on the Sybase web site.  Specifically,
> EBF7786.zip, which has lots of fixes for OpenClient & OpenServer 11.1.1.
> And EBF8015.zip, which has fixes for ASE 11.5.0.
>
> I tried applying EBF8015.zip, but when I tried to starting the server, I
> got the following error:
>         The procedure entry point uniconv_unistreamToS could not be     located in
> the dynamic link library libunic.dll.
>
> Fortunately, only 5 files were changed, so I was able to easily back out
> this patch.
>
> Should I have been able to apply these EBF files to my system?
>
> I'd like to apply the OpenClient patches, but it contains LOTS of files
> and would be a real pain to back out if it didn't work.
>
> Thanks for any info.
0
John
9/10/1998 3:16:57 AM
the EBF 8015 is for 11.5.1 not for 11.5.0

Randy Moore wrote in message <35F5DC82.2555@atlantech.net>...
>Hello,
>
>First, how do I get the upgrade kit to upgrade ASE for NT from 11.5 to
>11.5.1?
>
>Second, does the above upgrade kit also upgrade the OpenClient
>libraries?
>
>I found the "EBF" files on the Sybase web site.  Specifically,
>EBF7786.zip, which has lots of fixes for OpenClient & OpenServer 11.1.1.
>And EBF8015.zip, which has fixes for ASE 11.5.0.
>
>I tried applying EBF8015.zip, but when I tried to starting the server, I
>got the following error:
> The procedure entry point uniconv_unistreamToS could not be located in
>the dynamic link library libunic.dll.
>
>Fortunately, only 5 files were changed, so I was able to easily back out
>this patch.
>
>Should I have been able to apply these EBF files to my system?
>
>I'd like to apply the OpenClient patches, but it contains LOTS of files
>and would be a real pain to back out if it didn't work.
>
>Thanks for any info.

0
Juan

Upgrading ASE 11.5(repsrv 11.5.1) to 11.92 on solaris
Hi Sybase Rep Guru's, I want to upgrade my Sybase ASE from 11.5on Sub Solaris 2.6/2.7 to 11.9.2 for bettar performace and stablitiy. We are Replicating our database to a reporting server. When I upgrade My ASE to 11.9.2 will there be any problems with the rep server being 11.5.1 are there any known problems or incompatibilities. Please Help Me Thanks in Advance Balaji ...

Upgrade of ASE 11.5.1 to 11.5.1.1 (aka EBF 8213)
Hi, Last week we upgraded our production environment to 11.5.1.1 after recommendation from Sybase Customer Services. Unfortunaltely, due to a rather serious bug (possibly bugID 165680) in the new software, we had to downgrade after a few hours of use due to numerous communication errors received by client applications. Symptoms of this included: 1) Cancelling a query from ISQL After cancelling, no results were returned from the next command on the same session. Subsequent commands were followed by result sets from the _previous_ command. 2) General SQL error. ...

ASE 11.5.0 Upgrade to 11.5.1
This seems to be missing! Can anyone help me? There doesn't seem to be an update available from the Sybase web site. I only see the following ebf's: EBF 7830 - Updates from 11.5 to 11.5.0 EBF 8308 - Updates 11.5.1 only EBF 8511 - Updates 11.5.1 to 11.5.1.1 Seems to be missing an EBF to upgrade from 11.5.0 to 11.5.1? Can anyone help on this problem! TIA This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format. --------------ms28C06C4B59410586464C30D5 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------D7FD71AC228D514D4F773079" This is a multi-part mess...

Dump from NT ASE 11.5 to NT ASE 11.5.1
I am having trouble dumping a 11.5 ASE database to a 11.5.1 backupserver. I have the remote backupserver listed in the 11.5 remote servers list. It works going from the 11.5.1 machine to the 11.5 machine. Is there a compatibility issue? Thank you for your time. Dax daj@abmdata.com What do you mean by 'having trouble'? Are you getting error messages? If so, what error messages? Any error messages in the backupserver errorlog? Is the dump command hanging? not completing? What is the actual dump command that you're using? Does the target tape/director...

rep solaris ase 11.5.1 to nt ase 11.5/11.51
Help! I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase 11.5 or 11.5.1 on nt on intel. Could you answer the following: 1) To move the initial data I would like to load the dump data from the Solaris server to Windows nt server. Can this be done? 2) Do my device definitions on the Nt side need to duplicate those on the Solaris side. 3) The repserver is on Solaris as well. I only have 11.5 on nt can get ase 11.5.1 on nt. Is this an issue. Do I need repserver on nt? Any known traps? george wrote: > Help! > > I need to replicate 11.5.1 ase on Solaris 2.6 to ase...

OpenSuSE 11.4 -> 11.5 with myaql upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5
Hi! I have upgraded my OpenSuSE-11.4 to 12.1 which includes an upgrade of my mysql from 5.1 to 5.5 and I have made a big mistake and not made an mysqldump of my database. Unfortunately now my mysql isn't starting and I get the message: 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.5 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: highe...

Upgrade from ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT
Are there any pitfalls, quirks or bugs in the upgrade process from ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT besides the ones listed in the Release bulletins & sybase doc books? The application that I am currently supporting is not certified for ASE 12.0 & won't be for a while. They just certified their app to run on 11.9.2 November 2000. Any help would be appreciated. Brenda Smith wrote: > > Are there any pitfalls, quirks or bugs in the upgrade process from > ASE 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 on NT besides the ones listed in the Release > bulletins & sybase doc books? The app...

Problem with upgrade from 11.5.1 to 12.5.2
I am upgrading an 11.5.1 server to 12.5.2. I ran the sqlupgrade utility in non-upgrade mode and fixed up the issues it threw up. There is one remaining issue which I cannot fix. The sqlupgrade utility say that I must set the "esp execution stacksize" server parameter value to a min of 50000. However when I attempt to change this on my 11.5.1 server I get the following error message. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1> sp_configure "esp execution stacksize", 50000 2> go Msg 5846, Level 16, State 1: S...

Upgrading from 11.5(SWR 7753 Rollup) to 11.5.1 on HP-UX 11
Dear friends! Have anybody had any problems with upgrading ASE11.5(SWR 7753 Rollup) to 11.5.1 at HP-UX 11? With best regards, Vadim zero98@iname.com ...

Upgrade of ASE from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2
We have replication running against 50 SQL Anywhere v 5.4 sites. It has been running for approx 1 1/2 years. We are upgrading our ASE (the consolidated db) from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2. Has anyone experienced any problems when upgrading the consolidated db with ongoing replication? Shouldn't be an issue. We created some tech docs on Upgrading ASE's that are involved with SQL Remote. I highly suggest you look for those to follow. You don't want to make any mistakes. Let us know if you can't find one that seems appropriate. -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Sol...

Upgrading from 11.5.1 to 12.5.1
Hi We are planning to migrate Sybase ASE 11.5.1 to Sybase ASE 12.5.1 (Running on Solaris 64bit). I am thinking abt thse methods for migration 1. Install Sybase 12.5.1 . Take dump of databases from 11.5 and load it in 12.5. 2.Using upgrade option of Sybase 3.bcp out/ bcp in data, migrate all other objects by using some tools like sybase central or dbartican. which will be the best method ,wont give problems after migration? Is there any thing u need to do extra after migration? Please help Regards Sandeep ...

Problem with RS 11.5.1 and ASE 11.5.1
I'm having several problems with RS. The Replication System has 2 ASE (one 11.9.2 and one 11.5.1) and one RS 11.5.1. This should be a bidirectional system. But when I try to replicate from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2 with text fields it gives me the following error: ERROR #5150 DSI EXEC(104(1) PORTAL_GF.portal) - /dsiexec.c(2626) Function 'rs_get_textptr' for 'HUMANED_GF' returned multiple rows. I can't understand this because I have a primary key. I also have the following problem when the RS starts: ERROR #28049 DSI(104 PORTAL_GF.portal) - sub_rsts.c(445) ...

Upgrade from ASE 11.5.1 t 12.0 or 12.5
I'm planning an upgrade from 11.5.1 to either 12.0 or 12.5 on Sun Solaris (32-bit). Since the in-place upgrade is not an option, can someone correct me if I'm wrong in the steps that need to be performed. 1. backup all databases 2. drop databases and devices from current ASE 3. upgrade ASE 11.5.1 to either 12.0 or 12.5 4. re-create devices 5. re-create all databases for load 6. Load databases from dump As an alternative, could I eliminate steps 4 and 5 by just loading master from an 11.5.1 dump and have all devices and databases automatically re-created. No don...

About: upgrading from 11.1 KDE3.5 to 11.2 KDE 4.3.5 (a not so serious review of experience)
Well, everybody was in my ears to "update because the KDE 3.5 version does not get support anymore. So functionality will suffer etc. Well, I have a clone of my notebook install of 11.1 on a spare disk, so, why not having a try, now that 11.2 had time enough to mature. The version is the 11.2 64 bit. This is not intend to be a rant. But a view on how I lived this update trial (which at the end, if you do not want to loose your time with a thread meant to correct the usual publication bias, ("all is so beautiful") came out with the though: WAIT, LOOKS GOOD BUT SEE...

Web resources about - Upgrading ASE for NT 11.5 to 11.5.1 and OpenClient upgrades - sybase.sqlserver.configuration

IBM and Canonical Launch Linux- and Cloud-based Desktop Software in the U.S.
Canonical provides engineering, online and professional services to Ubuntu partners and customers worldwide. As the company behind the Ubuntu ...

DIGITAL'S STRONGARM MICROPROCESSOR TO SUPERCHARGE THE NETWORK COMPUTER - Free Online Library
Free Online Library: DIGITAL'S STRONGARM MICROPROCESSOR TO SUPERCHARGE THE NETWORK COMPUTER by "PR Newswire"; Business News, opinion and commentary ...

History of FreeTDS
... In early 1997, the only option for connecting to a Sybase server from Linux or other free systems was an aging Sybase-released version of OpenClient ...

IBM and Canonical Launch Linux- and Cloud-based Desktop Software in the U.S.
Canonical provides engineering, online and professional services to Ubuntu partners and customers worldwide. As the company behind the Ubuntu ...

DIGITAL TARGETS SUPERCHARGED StrongARM CHIP AT CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MARKET - Free Online Library
Free Online Library: DIGITAL TARGETS SUPERCHARGED StrongARM CHIP AT CONSUMER ELECTRONICS MARKET by "PR Newswire"; Business News, opinion and ...