upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out."

PLEASE HELP OH WISE SYBASE GURUS!

upgrading 11.9.2 to 12.0. unloaded
         software. rebooted server.
         selected "upgrade server" in
         Configure Sybase Servers
         window. typed in sa password. got
         "CONNECTIVITY ERROR:
 DB-Library: "SQL Server
         connection timed out."

--
Chuck Boyce chuck_boyce@operamail.com
http://www.geocities.com/chuck_boyce_jr/

0
Chuck
5/17/2000 7:52:59 PM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections."
Hi Forum, Heres the scenario. I have VS2008 and SqlServer Enterprise Edition installed in my machine. I connect to the database inside the same machine using VS2008. I opened the project my client gave me inside vs2008. When I ran the project, the it runs. but the aspx page to be displayed shows error like  'Problem in Connecting Database. error " SQL Server does not allow remote connections." ' I have db and vs in the same machine ( no remote machine involved). Why does this error came? How to Rectify it? Any guidelines are de...

"submit" to Access DB returns "connection closed"error
The error when I submit data  is as follows: Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.Source Error: Line 17: Dim comDatabase As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(strSQL, conDatabase) Line 18: Line 19: comDatabase.ExecuteNonQuery() Line 20:...

"Could not open a connection to SQL Server" error
 I just installed SQL Server 2005 on my local PC, along with VS 2008, IIS, ... When I test the web application, I keep getting the above error message despite following every suggestion I could find through Google. I have: - Created a user on SQL Server  with password, asigned it to be dbo on the test database - Enabled Remote Connections through SS Surface Area Configuration, enabled "using both TCP/IP and named pipes"; also started SQL Server  Browser service _ made sure sqlserver and sql browser are added to firewall exception list - Added "Network Services" to the folder security where the database files reside - used both Windows Integrated and server\sqlexpress in web.config<add name="ConnectionString1" connectionString="Data Source=xps1530\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=db-name;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> <add name="ConnectionString2" connectionString="Data Source=xps1530\sqlexpress;Initial Catalog=db-name;User ID=UserName; Password=Password" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) Can someone tell ...

error message "connection to server timed out"
I've installed and configured thunderbird on my winXp- operating computer. I can't connect to verizon.net or yahoo.com...get error message that the request has timed out. Need help fixing this. hrikkers@verizon.net Henry Rikkers wrote: > I've installed and configured thunderbird on my winXp- > operating computer. I can't connect to verizon.net or yahoo.com...get error > message that the request has timed out. Need help fixing this. > hrikkers@verizon.net > > For verizon it appears you should use mail.verizon.net Yahoo doesn'...

Getting "When connecting to SQL Server 2005 Error" using MS SQL 2000?
I'm new to using VS2005 and this is my first project connecting to our MS SQL 2000. App worked fine on my dev PC, connection to the same MS SQL Server. Published the web site to the web server (same server running MS SQL Server) and getting the below error. Is this a permission setup problem on SQL Server or does it really think it's connecting with a MS SQL 2005 database? An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remot...

when i log in, i get the "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server" error.
My website online but when i enter log in details I get the following page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more in...

Sub Partition that reports "ERROR: Could not connect to server,Error : -602"
I have a Sub Partition that reports "ERROR: Could not connect to server, Error : -602". Funny thing is one server reports three errors and two other only report one error. The servers not seen (connected to) are in other sub partitions of the Root. Basically I have a Root Partition and four Sub Partitions to the Root. ************************************************************************** NetWare DSRepair 10550.93. DS.NLM 10552.79 Tree name: MYTREE_NAME Server name: .LAUNCHPAD.MYOUNAME.MYONAME NetWare 1602.00 Directory Services Repair 1...

"Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." error message
Hello Sybase User Experts, I like to find out the cause of this error message "Alias is not currently opened. Database server rejected connection. Database server connection limited exceeded." Do you have any idea about this? What is the cause and how to solve this problem?! Your answer or idea to this error message will be a great help to me. Thank you in advance. Regards, Beverly Beverly, First of all, what database server are you using? And how are you connecting to it? -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] <Beverly> wrote in message news:3f7932b1.1356....

Help : "error: 40
I'm using VS2005 and SQL2000. I created a database name "myDatabase" in SQL Server 2000 and built a website that connet to this database. When I'm running this website in VS2005 IDE (press F5 or Ctrl-F5), everything is OK. I publiced this site. When I connect to database on my computer, everything is OK also, but when I connect to database on another computer, an error occurred like this : "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not...

"The Transport failed to connect to the server" error appears at times.
hi,  I am using the System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send() function, with four arguments (To, From, Subject, Body) to send a mail to an SMTP server. However, the problem I am facing is that this method works sometimes, but at other times it gives me an error - "The Transport failed to connect to the server".  I have already checked with the firewall settings, and there seems to be no issue with this, since my code did work at one point of time, and failed to work after a span of two hours. The send() function has a condition for being cal...

Help : "error: 40
Hi, I have a Server Win2003 with only Frameword 2 and SqlServer 2000 In my webApplication C# / Asp.net , I add a WebParts I don't understand, I have all connect to dataBase SqlServer2000 in my web config, but in folder APP_DATA, visual studio created ASPNETDB.MDF On my server, I have a mistake : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a conne...

"connections to SQL server files (*.mdf)" error message in Visual studio when adding a new SQL database
Hope you can help. Running Visual Studio 2005 and SQLServer2005.  I have created a new project and am attempting to add a new SQL database to it.  When I select the SQL database I get an "Connections to SQL server files (*.mdf) requires SQL Server Express to function properly" error message.  I also tried to add an existng database and it errors out as well "The file can not be opened as it is being used by another process.....".  However, I can create a new data source connection to existing SQL databases.  One caveat though.  I can ...

SQL Server 2005 error: "Incorrect syntax near "-" "
Hello, I have an application written in visual basic which connects to a SQL Server 2005In DB of SQL Server I have many tables. Table names can contain chars like: "-",  "\",  ".", etc. When I execute the instruction in visual basic sTableName= "Table-3" ' or ""Table-3"" or "Table_1" or sTableName= """" + "Table_1" + """"   -> """" = 4 quates (2 for string identify and two for writing in string a quate chr(34)->" strQu...

Error "Invalid PInvoke metadata format" while connecting to SQL Server
Hi ! I am getting the error "Invalid PInvoke metadata format" with the description as An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. The stack trace is : System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +471 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +311 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +383 I am us...

HELP! error connecting to SQL Server! "...The specified module could not be found."
Hi AllI have been having an issue connecing to SQL server using VS2003.  This just started happening a few days ago.  I have re-installed the framework, VS, but am still getting the following error:An unhandled exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in system.data.dllAdditional information: The specified module could not be found.I wrote a little WinApp to trap the exception and provide the stacktrace below;Exception.Message = The specified module could not be found.Exception.Stacktrace =   at System.EnterpriseServices.Platform.Initialize() &nbs...

Error Using DNS Provider Procedures--"The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."
Hi, We are using the DNS Provider and DNS Client Component that comes with MPS Companion(Version 1.1). We have installed the DNS Provider in a Windows 2000 Server machine where core MPS is installed. We have installed the DNS Client Component in a Windows 2003 Server machine where DNS server is installed. When we try running the procedures CreateResourceRecord,RefreshDNSZone etc from the Windows 2000 Server using provtest utility it is throwing the floowing error "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." I am attaching a sa...

DNN worked for 1 year now says "DotNetNuke Upgrade Error
Hi, I have been running DNN for a year with different users setting up their portals and no worries and no hassles.  Now it is telling me DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database. Unspecified error Continue But I have not upgraded or changed anything.  Using ACCESS. Any help and guidence on how to fix this would be much appreciated as I don;t want to loose other people's websites! ...

"SQL Server does not exist or access denied" error when trying to connect from a Windows Service
Hi! I understand that this topic is one of the most discussed topics ever. However i could not find the relevant information after going through (almost) all the posts so far. Hence this post. I am getting the 'SQL Server does not exist or access denied' error when I am trying to access SQL Server from a WINDOWS SERVICE. SQL Server and the Windows service are running on two different machines. (When they are on the same machine, it works). All the solutions I found so far are related to web apps. What should I do in the case of a windows service? My connection string uses SQL server au...

Configuration Error "Parser Error Message: Server cannot read capabilities configuration ` "
I am a beginner in developing asp.net application. Please review the way i have set up the server and deveopment codea) I have installed IIS on the server running Windows XP Professional. Thereafter I have installed .NET framework 1.1 on the server. b) I have installed Visual Studio Net 2003 on the production machine. I am making the application from this machine.Alll is working fine, but frequently many a times i get the following error when i try to view the page Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service t...

Web Referenced WSDL always getting "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." error
I'm getting "Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." on reference.cs file.I looked up this error and there were fixes for it, if it was occuring intermittently (I applied it anyway without success).  However my error seems to be permanent.  FYI, web service is Java based and client is of course .NET based.  Does it sound like service provider issue?Thanks in advance Java Web Server shouldn't be a problem;There are many reason why this can happen:1.Check if your personal Fir...

Error connecting to SQL 2000 db "The entry 'MCLConnectionString' has already been added"
When I try to run my application using VWD from the file system I can connect and run the application and it connects to the remote SQL 2000 server with no problem.However, when I publish to my web server I get the folloiwng error message: Anyone got any ideas?? Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: The entry 'MCLConnectionString' has already been added.Source Error...

"Object was open" error when using ADO to connect to SQL Server CE 3.5
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. I am trying to connect to a SQL Compact file using the following ADO commands. {code} Query := TADOQuery.Create(nil); Connection := TADOConnection.Create(nil); Connection.ConnectionString := 'Provider=Microsoft.SQLSERVER.CE.OLEDB.3.5; Data Source=c:\temp\test.sdf;'; Connection.LoginPrompt := False; Query.Connection := Connection; Query.SQL.Text := 'SELECT * FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES'; Query.Open; {code} When the {code} Query.Open {code} is executed I get the er...

An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read". By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the case described above, it appears always. Many thanks in advance for help. Tatiana Yaseneva, Kiev, Ukraine I'm guessing here that you are using PB5004 with ODBC. If so, downgrade the pbodb050.dll to the...

An error in "connect-disconnect-connect" consecution of actions
I connect to database, work, disconnect and connect to another database (or to the same) once more. At that moment Power Builder is closed by Windows with the error "The instruction at "0x0265f100" referenced memory at "0x0265f100". The memory could not be "read". By the way, this error appears sometimes in other cases also, but in the case described above, it appears always. Many thanks in advance for help. Tatiana Yaseneva, Kiev, Ukraine What version of PB? Are you using Oracle higher then 8.03? -- pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))...

Web resources about - upgrade error:"CONNECTIVITY ERROR:DB-Library: "SQL Server connection timed out." - sybase.sqlserver.configuration