Transport type TLI TCP V TCP

Using ASE 11.5.1 on SUN Solaris 2.6 ...

The manual "Configuring Adaptive Server Enterprise for UNIX Platforms"
in Chap 4 "Modifying the Interfaces File" under "Adding or Editing
Network Transport Addresses" ...

recommends a transport type of TCP ( over TLI TCP ) for Adaptive Server
greater than 11.0.x.

Why is this.

Many thanks
Steve Keogh
0
Stephen
9/21/1998 11:06:31 AM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp?
Hi folks, In the dscp utility what is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? Is tli tcp just a hexadecimal value of tcp ?, or any other difference? Choosing tli tcp or tcp might influence to the client applications that want to connect to server? Thanks in advance. ...

tli/tcp vs. tcp
What's the basic difference between tli/tcp vs. plain tcp ? From what I have read, tli is "outdated". Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote: > > What's the basic difference between tli/tcp vs. plain tcp ? > From what I have read, tli is "outdated". > I guess an additional question is: What effect does the above setting ( whether ASE uses tli/tcp or tcp ) on ASE clients ... in particular: isql and JDBC JConnect ? ...

What is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? #2
Hi folks, In the dscp utility what is the difference between tli tcp and tcp? Is tli tcp just a hexadecimal value of tcp ?, or any other difference? Choosing tli tcp or tcp might influence to the client applications that want to connect to server? Thanks in advance. ...

Configuring TCP/IP IPSEC & TCP/IP Filtering settings in w2k?
Does anyone know how to configure IPSEC and TCP/IP filtering in TCP/IP settings, properties, advanced, options? Also which radio buttons in the DNS and WINS tabs should be ticked or unticked? I know netbios should be disabled. A link would be handy thanks in advance : ) --- This outgoing email has been scanned and is virus free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.265 / Virus Database: 137 - Release Date: 7/18/2001 http://www.faqs.org/faqs/internet/tcp-ip/tcp-ip-faq/part1/ RFC's: ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes http://www.rfc-editor.org...

TCP
Facts: I have Intranetware 4.11 Server with SP7 I need to comunicate with a Small Business Server 2000: it is a Domain Controler. It has ben configured with a shared access to internet What do I need to comunicate both servers in order to gain both access: the internet and the Nover server in the novell workstations with it corresponding novell client? Luis Hau As far as NetWare connectivity, you need to install the Novell Client with 'Custom' 'IPX Only'. You can download Novell Client from: http://download.novell.com For Microsoft related questions, pl...

TCP Nagles and TCP Delayed Aknowledgement
I have been running some servers with: tcp nagle algorithm=off tcp delayed acknowledgement=off I have only been running these params on netstorage and virtual office servers. The upload/download speed is incredible with those parameters. Is there any downside? -- Jeff Johnson CNE6, MCNE, CDE, DCNSP jedijeff {at} gmail (dot) com Jeff Johnson wrote: > > I have been running some servers with: > > tcp nagle algorithm=off > tcp delayed acknowledgement=off > > I have only been running these params on netstorage and virtual office > servers. The...

Component::Server::TCP tcp wrappers suggestion
------=_Part_187939_32561179.1161180055780 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline Hi all, I'm a newbie to POE, so be nice :) IMHO, it would be great if Component::Server::TCP, had support for tcp wrappers. Right know I'm using Net::TCPwrappers for this. But if POE supported it would be a must, I think. Thanks, -- ../bras ------=_Part_187939_32561179.1161180055780-- On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:00, Jorge Bras wrote: > IMHO, it would be great if Component::Server::TCP, had suppor...

Starting TCP Server From within TCP Client
Hello experts is their any possibility of starting tcp server that is on remote machine from tcp client that is on another machine. if not then plz mention how can i start tcp server from remote location (i know remote machine's user name, password, ip address) plz dont forget to mention tutorials regarding this bcz i m new to socket programming. regards ali...

TCP/IP Configuration
I have NW6.5SP5 installed on a Dell PowerEdge 2800. If any changes are made to TCP/IP via NRM or INETCFG and then the system is re-initialized, a error is displayed in PKILOG.TXT, after the message about certificates being created, which informs me that the login to the server failed. I can't see what process is trying to login or why it failed? Running PKIDIAG shows that all the certificates are OK. Any ideas or confirmation of the errors would be much appreciated. Regards, Robin Kippax. rkippax@compuserve.com wrote: > I have NW6.5SP5 installed on a Dell PowerEdge 28...

Why only TCP?
After careful review, shield's up only test TCP. Is there a reason, it does not test UDP? Thanks. On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:55:46 -0500, "DSLR user 595148" <user@127.0.0.1> wrote: >After careful review, shield's up only test TCP. Is there a reason, it does >not test UDP? Steve advocates "stealth". You cannot both be stealth and test for UDP ports at the same time, since the reaction from an open UDP port would be the same as for a stealthed one. Yet another reason why stealth is utter nonsense. And again, ShieldsUp is good for one ...

TCP/IP configurations
If I am running windows me and using a dialup connection would I need Client for microsoft networks?? And what about if I was running DSL??? thanks, Boby "Boby" <0@0.com> wrote in message news:9o12rm$23sl$1@news.grc.com... > If I am running windows me and using a dialup connection would I need Client > for microsoft networks?? > And what about if I was running DSL??? > > thanks, > Boby Boby, If you don't use LAN (local access network) then answer is no. I am on DUN and I don't have NetBEUI protocal, just Tcp/ip. I thin...

GWIA
We are running Groupwise 6.0. What is the default TCP port for the GWIA under GroupWise tab, Identification, TCP/IP address, TCP port? Thanks for any hints... Huong > We are running Groupwise 6.0. What is the default TCP port for the GWIA > under GroupWise tab, Identification, TCP/IP address, TCP port? > Thanks for any hints... > Huong > The default port is 1677. The TCP/IP address is the address of the machine that is running GWIA. So, it is the same as the POA default TCP port. Thanks, I will test it out. Huong > > We are running Groupwise 6.0. ...

solaris and tli / tcp
Hi, does someone know the difference between the tli and the tcp transport type in the interfaces file on solaris? I found out that I can select the tcp-type in dscp utility and I got lines in the interfaces file like myserver master tcp ether sun12 5000 query tcp ether sun12 5000 instead of something like this myserver master tli tcp /dev/tcp \x0002658cc279d93d0000000000000000 query tli tcp /dev/tcp \x0002658cc279d93d0000000000000000 We will change the IP adresses of our servers and I thing the first lines are better, because they are with...

sqlserver tcp\ip
We want to make a connection to a Microsoft SQL Server database (6.5). Is it possible to give information with the transaction object (DbParm) about the network protocol (tcp/ip or named pipes)? For example: this -> object of type connection this.DBParm += "Network Library=dbmssocn" You can if you're using ODBC. I'm not familiar with the native driver The easiest way to find out what parms are valid, is to create a file DSN in the ODBC administator and open it using notepad. You can supply those parms from the file DSN in the ConnectString='......'...

Web resources about - Transport type TLI TCP V TCP - sybase.sqlserver.configuration

Transport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Transport or transportation is the movement of people, animals and goods from one location to another. Modes of transport include air , rail ...

Eastlink closed as police swarm prison transport van
Police have&nbsp;swarmed a prison transport van as it&nbsp;broke&nbsp;down on the Eastern Freeway on Tuesday.

New year public transport ticket price hike for Canberra
Public transport passengers will increase by 2.5 per cent from January, adding between 10 and 20 cents to bus fares.

Car-free housing encouraged in London, says city's transport planning boss
... be actively encouraged in big cities&nbsp;to reduce traffic congestion and air pollution, as long as there is other transportation available, ...

MasterCard is offering Apple Pay users free public transport in London
Londoners, starting today, will be able to take advantage of free public transport thanks to a new promotion by MasterCard that aims to raise ...

Cashin: Weak transports not a good sign
CNBC's Bob Pisani and Art Cashin, of UBS, discuses weird trading on Friday, and volatility as the market prepares for a rate hike.

Fiat Chrysler Converts Its Detroit Transport Fleet To CNG
VideoFCA Transport Converts Detroit truck fleet from diesel to natural gas (image credit: FiatChrysler Automobiles) For years, advocates of natural ...

Colleagues of officer charged in Gray's death: Seat belts rarely used in prisoner transport
... police officers testifying in the trial of a colleague charged in a prisoner's death say officers rarely put seat belts on people they transport ...

Here's How You Transport a 200-Foot Rocket: Very Carefully
Having an Antonov AN-124 Ruslan, one of the largest cargo airplanes in the world (only the Antonov An-225 Mriya is bigger) is a key part of this ...