11.0.2 to 11.0.3

Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless?  Are there any issues
to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance.
Doug

0
Automotive
2/12/1999 9:38:08 PM
sybase.sqlserver.configuration 393 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Doug,
You should utilize 11.0.3.3 if you can.  That's more recent than
plain 11.0.3.

You can do an upgrade in place for this.

John McVicker
Sybase Professional Services
Philadelphia, PA

Automotive Division wrote:

> Is the upgrade process from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 seamless?  Are there any issues
> to be concerned about?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Doug
0
John
2/13/1999 12:53:04 AM
We are in the same boat.  I assume you have to upgrade to 11.0.3 first and
run the patch for 11.0.3.3 or is there a setup that already comes with
11.0.3.3 so it's a one step from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3.3?

0
Peter
--------------303B58844CA70E85A7D61E04

Peter Yao wrote:

> We are in the same boat.  I assume you have to upgrade to 11.0.3 first and
> run the patch for 11.0.3.3 or is there a setup that already comes with
> 11.0.3.3 so it's a one step from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3.3?

Hi Peter,

It's a two step process.  You could always create a new 11.0.3.3 server and
load the 11.0.2 databases into it.

Jason

--------------303B58844CA70E85A7D61E04

begin:vcard
n:Froebe;Jason
tel;fax:773-864-7288
tel;work:1-800-8SYBASE
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.sybase.com
org:Sybase, Inc.;Technical Support
adr:;;8755 W. Higgins Road Suite 1000	;Chicago;IL;60631;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:jfroebe@sybase.com
title:Technical Support Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;20256
fn:Jason Froebe
end:vcard

--------------303B58844CA70E85A7D61E04--

0
Jason

11.0.3.2 vs 11.0.3.3
Dear All, I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? Best Regards, Colin Colin wrote: > > Dear All, > > I understand that SQL server 11.0.3.2 is Y2K compliance. However, I > have been suggested to upgrade to 11.0.3.3 for much safety (in Y2K). Is > it true? What is the main difference between these 2 versions? > Just a number of bugfixes. I don't believe any of them are Y2K rel...

Downgrade from 11.0.3.2 to 11.0.2.2
Greetings! Could anyone list out the procedure to downgrade the the SQL Server from 11.0.3.2 and 11.0.2.2. I installed 11.0.3.2 on a separate directory and did the upgradation. I just want to prepare in advance to go back to 11.0.2.2 in case we face any problems with the new release. Thanks, - John John Smith wrote: > > Greetings! > > Could anyone list out the procedure to downgrade the the SQL Server from > 11.0.3.2 and > 11.0.2.2. I installed 11.0.3.2 on a separate directory and did the > upgradation. > I just want to prepare in advance to go...

11.0.3 to 11.0.2
--------------8BCD235133A5E6297E3B44C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The question: Can I take a dump of a database that is on an 11.0.2 server and load it into a 11.0.3 server, without having to do any maintenance on the database once it's in the 11.0.3 server? The reason: We have a production server that is version 11.0.2. Nightly, we dump the production server and load it into a development server, also 11.0.2. Now, we are in the midst of upgrading our development servers from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3. Any help would be great. T...

Upgrading from 11.0.2 to 11.0.3
Hi sybase I need to upgrade a server from the 11.0.2 to the 11.0.3 but I can find no documentation describing this procedure. I would be most grateful if you could send me detailed instructions and the script for performing this upgrade. Thanks Idan from NEXUS telecommunications inc. Astar wrote: > I need to upgrade a server from the 11.0.2 to the 11.0.3 but I can find > no documentation describing this procedure. > > I would be most grateful if you could send me detailed instructions and > the script for performing this upgrade. Its pretty tr...

upgrade 11.0.2 to 11.0.3
upgrade fails with message in sybinit log : Database model must be altered to have at least 1 more MB. Database sybsystemprocs must be altered to have at least 1 more MB. although model was left as it is after install, and sybsystemprocs is 50MB (min. 21MB according to manual). Is there someone, who has similar experiences and can help? Thanks in advance Reinhold Reinhold Mrazek <reinhold.mrazek@adidas.de> wrote: >upgrade fails with message in sybinit log : > Database model must be altered to have at least 1 more MB. > Datab...

sybinbit troubles when upgrading from 11.0.2.2 to 11.0.3 on HP-UX
I'm having troubles with sybinit when trying to upgrade servers on our test box. Sometimes after all the pre-upgrade verification syninit's upgrade process gets to the point where it shuts down the SQL Server I get a connection timeout (see details below). The server does shutdown almost immediately, but somehow sybinit never figures that out. I'm looking for workarounds and want to be confident in them before I upgrade production. I've heard that a binary replacement is same same as using sybinit's upgrade process from some contacts at Sybase Tech Support, but a...

11.0.3.0 preupgrd prg to 11.9.2
I noticed my master db is only 5meg, so I tried to increase the device to 50meg but I get a "can not unbind from named cache" type of msg. I got the same with the systemproc database but for that I just backed up, dropped the db, recreate, and restore. I don't think I should be doing anything like that with the master db. What do I need to do here? Also on another machine I was able to upgrade to 11.9.2 and then I applied the EXE for the latest EBF. However, there is a instmastr file. What should I do to apply it? It seems to recreate the master db and I don't...

2.0.0.10 vs 2.0.0.11
Name: Nelson Email: Nelsonguayathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.10 vs 2.0.0.11 Comments: Previous versions were working fine. 2.0.0.10 was not working at all. I could not find anything wrong with the firewall and the antivirus controling HTTP trafic to explain the situation. 2.0.0.11 seems to have bring things back to normal. It is OK now. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

firefox 2.0.0.10 and 2.0.0.11
Name: Suzanne Email: syeeatrhsmithdotumddotedu Product: Firefox Summary: firefox 2.0.0.10 and 2.0.0.11 Comments: Ever since the updates to 2.0.0.10, our customers are not able to use iNotes (Lotus Domino Webmail) to attach any emails. It is possible that the fix "MFSA 2007-37 jar: URI scheme XSS hazard" is causing the errors. Our only results is to have people downgrade back to 2.0.0.9 or to use IE. I know its not really a bug because the fix is for security purposes, but many Lotus Notes users are not able to use iNotes to check their emails. Browser Detai...

getting from 2.0.0.6 to 2.0.0.11
FF duly informs me that there's an update available. Fine. I d/l the update, agree to restart FF once it's installed, and ... it's still at 2.0.0.6? What's going on here? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Ken mckqed@gmail.com schrieb: > FF duly informs me that there's an update available. > > Fine. > > I d/l the update, agree to restart FF once it's installed, and ... > it's still at 2.0.0.6? > > What's going on here? > > Any suggestions would be very welcome. > > Ken Hi, please look i...

big compatibility problem with 11.9.2 over 11.0.3.0?
Using RDO rdoParameters/VB5, stored procedure with 2 smallint parameters would fail. It used to work with 11.0.3.0. Also some other issues with DAO. Preupgrade and check was OK during the upgrade. Applying the latest patch for OpenClient, ODBC, ODBC catalog and use of set ansinull off seems to have solved most of the problems. Some triggers are getting implicit conversion errors that didn't appear before in 11.0.3.0. ...

Upgrade of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 AND 11.0 EBF's
X86 Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ChuckGo No. EBFs should only be applied against the MR that it is intended. The 1598 EBF is intended for 11.0.0. And EBF for 11.0.1 is pending. - chris Charles.Gogolin@stanleyassociates.com wrote: > X86 > > Update of 11.0.0 to 11.0.1 was released 03 Mar 2009 > > Update of 11.0.0 to build 1598 was released 23 Apr 2009 > > Should 11.0.0 to build 1598 be applied to 11.0.1 ? ...

Dumps compatability between 11.0.3 and 11.0.2.x of SQL Server
Dear all, Is there any compatibilty problem with the dumps on Sco Openserver for SQL Server 11.0.3 and 11.0.2 I wish to load a dump from 11.0.3 to 11.0.2.x . I cannot install 11.0.3.2 now due to some reasons. Will dbcc fixvers allow me to load a 11.0.3 dump to 11.0.2.x Any information is welcome. Thanks in advance. Manojit Paul This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------31015174C369A52017E56DF4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit SPG-TECH-CALCUTTA wrote: > > Dear a...

Can we restore a database on ASE 11.0.3 which was on ASE 11.0.2 ?
Hi, I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2. Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ? Thanks very much. -- Have a nice day. Raphael Lignier Escalation Support Engineer ASCEND COMMUNICATIONS GIS - Sophia-Antipolis On Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:02:30 -0800, Raphael Lignier <rlignier@ascend.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I did a backup of a database which was on ASE 11.0.2. > >Can we restore it without any problems on ASE 11.0.3 ? Yes, dumps are upward compatible (that is: you can load older dumps on newer servers). When conversion...

Web resources about - 11.0.2 to 11.0.3 - sybase.sqlserver.configuration

Weekend Box Office: ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Dominates, ‘Daddy’s Home’ Does Well
There should be no surprise that in its second weekend, Star Wars: The Force Awakens dominated the weekend box office once again. What may surprise ...

Al Jazeera Reporter Responds to Criticism of Doping Documentary
Al Jazeera investigative reporter Deborah Davies has responded to comments from Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning , calling Davies’ documentary, ...

Chicago Police Double Fatal Shooting Bolsters Push To Oust Mayor Rahm Emanuel
Residents say the city’s leader has to go sooner, not later. Facing a federal probe by the Department of Justice over possible racial bias and ...

Christmastime storms, tornadoes kill at least 43 in U.S
By Lisa Maria Garza DALLAS (Reuters) - Storms hit the U.S. South, Southwest and Midwest over the Christmas holiday weekend, unleashing floods ...

What Donald Trump Did For One Georgia Family Is Actually Pretty Cool
Donald Trump has hardly been the recipient of good press since announcing that he would be running for President in 2016. While some would attest ...

Iraqi Forces Poised to Retake Key Western City of Ramadi
NBCNews.com Iraqi Forces Poised to Retake Key Western City of Ramadi NBCNews.com Iraqi authorities expect to announce Monday that they have ...

UK floods: North of England faces further misery after 'unprecedented' flooding inflicts chaos across ...
Residents and business owners in city centres across northern England face further misery tomorrow after “unprecedented” flooding transformed ...

China Forces French Reporter Skeptical of Terrorism Claims to Leave Country
China said Saturday that it would not renew a French journalist’s press credentials, the Associated Press reports . Ursula Gauthier, a reporter ...

Bernie Sanders Wants Trump Voters To ‘Feel The Bern’ In 2016
Democratic presidential nominee, Bernie Sanders, wants Trump voters to “feel the Bern” in 2016. The senator from Vermont appeared on CBS’s “Face ...

Man Arrested on Suspicion of Burning Woman to Death
California man arrested on suspicion of pouring gas on woman, burning her to death