User comments on user database catalogs

Hi all.

How best do I include comments on the purpose / meaning of columns and tables
within a Sybase user database? Is it 'safe' for instance to add a column for
comments to table 'syscolumns' in database 'model' and existing user databases?

My ultimate aim is to have these comments included within DataArchitect /
PowerDesignor PDM files created using the reverse engineering function.

Thanks for any response.

Steven

- Notes
RDMS: Sybase ASE v11.5
Server OS: NT Server Enterprise v4 (SvP 5)
0
Steven
12/2/1999 11:51:06 AM
sybase.sqlserver.admin 2338 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Steven,

Its not possible to alter system tables, you may create a generic Comments table to

keep comments about all system tables.

arun

Steven Beer wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> How best do I include comments on the purpose / meaning of columns and tables
> within a Sybase user database? Is it 'safe' for instance to add a column for
> comments to table 'syscolumns' in database 'model' and existing user databases?
>
> My ultimate aim is to have these comments included within DataArchitect /
> PowerDesignor PDM files created using the reverse engineering function.
>
> Thanks for any response.
>
> Steven
>
> - Notes
> RDMS: Sybase ASE v11.5
> Server OS: NT Server Enterprise v4 (SvP 5)

0
Arun

Each user as database user
Good day! I'm trying to implement my own MemebershipProvider. Problem is, that different users should be different database users. Not each user. Any idea, how to solve this? Because only way how to use some database user I know it is to change connection string...  Why dont you use Windows Authentication and let the Active Directory take care of your memberships. Is this an internal application?  It is not. I already wrote one post about it and I will tell it again. Application is based on classicla win application. The same database. Problem is, that usual dat...

I have two schema in user database, How can i dump the user database schema name?
Respected, gurus I'm working on ASE 15.0.2 DB. I have two separate user schema in my ACUTE database 1. EASY_BANK :It store normal master and treansaction table 2. EASY_BANK_LOB :It store images and photos when i dump the acute database then dump file contain all the object(two schema easy_bank and easy_bank_lob) in the acute database My problem : I want to dump the ACUTE db which is contain object resides only in EASY_BANK_LOB. I also want to dump the ACUTE db which is contain object resides only in EASY_BANK. same way , can i restore the data which is onl...

Prime user database of a deleted user
I have several prime user databases on our Post Offices that are owned by user's who have been deleted from GroupWise. Is there a way I can force GroupWise to delete or drop these databases from the system? I am seeing a lot of D101 user not found errors on the POA's, and I think it is related to these left over PU databases. Can I just delete the PU files? If there is no way to drop these databases from the system, at the very least is there a way for me to determine the sharee(s) of the PU? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks -- piggotl -----------------...

How do I stop Windows Admin user group from automatically adding users with admin priveleges?
Currently, whenever a user that has admin priveleges on Windows visits our intranet, DNN automatically adds those users with admin priveleges also. The auto assignment flag is set to false but its disabled so that I can't change it either way. How do I stop this from automatically happening? Also, how do you change the SuperUser Account password?  I tried changing it throught the Host..>superuser menu but it never really changes.   Thanks, Joe.   Sorry, but I am not able to answer your first question Joe, but in reference to the second question - under the supe...

Script/Procedure to Users in User Databases
Hi Folks, I am running the below script/procedure to find the "sysusers" from each USER DATABASE, but somehow the script doesn't recognize the @<variable>..sysusers and it throws error "Incorrect syntax near '@DBSName'." Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks ! ========================== CREATE PROC getsysusers AS BEGIN CREATE TABLE #Results (Instance_Name varchar (50), Database_Name varchar (50), name varchar (20), suid int, uid int) SET NOCOUNT ON declare @DBSName varchar(50) select @DBSName = '' wh...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
Hi when i try and open a database in sql server management studio i get the error "Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)", what can i do to rectify this, i have googled around and still havent found no answers. Which authentication mode is your Sql Server configured - MixedMode, Windows Authentication or Sql Server Authentication? Please refer to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366351.aspx and http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/02/21/536201.aspx    Ple...

Adding users manually to the mySQL user database
I have Bugzilla successfully installed... for the most part. However, considering I don't have shell access to the system it is on, I can't run checksetup.pl to add username and password for the superuser (I can run it for text-only output though). Server Configuration: OS: FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE-p24 Perl: Perl 5.8.3, with all modules installed {took me about 2 weeks to get the provider of the server to install them, but they are installed} Webserver: Apache 1.3 Database: mysql Ver 12.22 Distrib 4.0.16 I have access to the database via phpMySql. Thank you ahead of...

Linux User Management install as user other than admin
I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM installation. We want other employees to be able to perform the install of the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin login to eDirectory. I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where the server should be added, and adding the user to that group. It gives me the following error: Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well, but still get the same error. This...

Server user id is not a valid user in database
Good afternoon, I just restored a database and am receiving the following error [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Server user id 4 is not a valid user in database Is there a system function or stored procedure or some other SQL that I can use to fix this issue - or do I have to create the master logins and redo the restore. Thanks in advance. Whatty There is no magic wand... This is for the experienced dba. If you have a copy of master..syslogins in bcp native format then restore that too. You may need to delete most logins except sa & pr...

Admin user unable to login to user app
The admin user doesn't have the rights to login. I get the error message "Account restrictions prevent you from logging in. See your administrator for more details." (please see attached image) At the time of the User App installation for JBoss I have designated him as the administrator. +----------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Screen shot 2009-09-03 at 2.59.35 PM.png | |Download: http://forums.novell.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3343 | +------------------------------------------------------------...

How to check if current user is admin or power user?
Hello, how can I check if the current user is either an administrator or a power user? -- Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards Heiko Adams Fachinformatiker Anwendungsentwicklung Tel.: +49 (95 65) 94 22 - 42 Fax : +49 (95 65) 94 22 - 22 Mail: heiko.adams@regenspurger.de Web: http://www.regenspurger.de / www.kigapro.de If you go get a software package called SVCOM it has the API functions coded that allows you to get that information www.aldynsoftware.com/svcom.html "Heiko Adams" <heiko.adams@regenspurger.de> wrote in message news:144404@forums.c...

Cannot open database "DataBase" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'User\ASPNET'.
hi all, i am having my asp.net project and database is in same system. in web.config i diclaire my connection string as <add name="MyWebConString" connectionString="Data Source=AIPL069\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=MyWeb;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> when i login application i got an error error is Server Error in '/MyWeb' Application. Cannot open database "MyWeb" requested by the login. The login failed.Login failed for user 'AIPL069\ASPNET'. Description: An unhandled exception...

Users logging in as the same user..
HI there.. I have a problem with ASE12.0 .. I have created 10 users on the database and granted everybody permissions and all.. However, it seems everybody, no matter who logs in, logs in as the same user.. For eg... I have user logins John, Alex, Alan, Steve......etc etc And i created a user group for all of them (eg developers..) However, when they log on to isql, anything that they do will be under John, no matter if it is logins John, Alex, Steve... or etc etc.. If i do a sp_who.. all the connections will be listed as John. If they create tables, all table created will ...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

Web resources about - User comments on user database catalogs - sybase.sqlserver.admin

Category:Image with comment templates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To include a template in this category, add [[Category:Image with comment templates]] to the section at the bottom of the template's /doc subpage ...

Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment February 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As part of this Request for Comment, a third phase considered the use of pending-changes protection in the short term. In accordance with consensus ...

Facebook Mobile News Feed Gets Like, Comment Buttons
Facebook made liking and commenting on news feed posts much easier for mobile users with an update over the weekend that eliminated a step.

COMMENT: Federal government must maintain environmental protection role
In Northern Queensland, we have recently seen a spate of large scale land clearing at Olive Vale and Strathmore stations that is likely to impact ...

Liberal councillor faces suspension over explosive media comments
A Sydney councillor is facing suspension from the NSW Liberal Party for giving a radio interview critical of party officials, inflaming an ugly, ...

Targeting racist trolls by putting their comments on billboards
Brazilians who post racist abuse online may see their words pasted onto billboards as part of a civil rights campaign.

Comments are back
A few months ago, I decided to try an experiment. I turned off comments on this blog. I don’t get a ton of comments on my posts but I had a ...

Check out the highest-rated comment on this WaPo column, "The American Dream? I thought so, until I had ...
... watching HBO, and buying a new car." The author of the column is Carrie Visintainer, who is identified as the author of a book makes the commenter ...

People's racist Facebook comments are ending up on billboards near their homes
Racist commenters beware: Your words might show up in your own backyard. A new campaign in Brazil is plastering billboards with racist Facebook ...

Christie fires back after Trump's 9/11 comments: 'I was there. It didn't happen'
Chicago Tribune Christie fires back after Trump's 9/11 comments: 'I was there. It didn't happen' Chicago Tribune Republican presidential candidate, ...