Starting SQLAnywhere as a service

I can't seem to start SQLA.. as a service. If I fire it up by hand
everything is fine, when I try to start it as a service, it does not start,
and if I try to start it from the services utility of NT, I get a error 1058
and a message that says that it has been disabled, but of course it is
marked as auto. Any ideas?

Mick

0
Michael
2/20/2001 9:11:40 PM
sybase.sqlserver.admin 2338 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Starting SysAM service befor sqlserver service
Hi, We are using unified logins. The issue we have is that for this to be working when we reboot the sysam service needs to be started before the sqlserver service. Using winnt/system32/services.exe I am unable to do this and when I checked the registery entries it is because there is no dependsonservice registry entry for the sqlservice. I have tried to add it but the machine crashed and is in an endless loop of shutting down and restarting. Any ideas ? Thanks in Advance, Edwar ...

Starting SQLAnywhere Service automatically
Hi there! Does anybody know how I can start a NT-Service I created with dbsvc <params>. I don't want to start it by the Service-Manager but with ShellExecute(...,...) within a Programming Language. Is there command from Sybase or is it an API-Call? Thanks! I don't know what API call I'd use, but from a command prompt, I'd just use NET START and NET STOP. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choo...

To start sqlserver service through application
Dear friends,              I am working in .net windows application with sql server 2000. My problem is like some times sql server service automatically stoped when restart my machine.Then i start the service manually.after that if i restart my machine it not affect the service.I mean only at first time restart the machine make this problem. Anybody know any solution for this problerm?. Also how can i anable TCP/IP through application.     Thanks & Regards Jesseja    The answer to the first you have...

Windows Service
I have two services - A and B I have to start Service B, on OnStart method of Service A. How to do this? Thanks    Well your service A would have a overriden method called on_start. Here you will need to use the servicecontroller and iterate through all services on the local machine to identify Service B. This can be a unique service name. Once you have found Service B you can start it.You however need to understand about permissions, depending on what context Service A is running under, it may or may not have enough permissions to start another service. ...

ASP.NET Admin Service Not Starting
I installed VB.NET Express 2005 Bet 1 and ASP2.0 Beta last week but have since uninstalled them. Since that time, Whenever I start my system the following error keeps appearing in Event Viewer: The ASP.NET Admin Service service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified. Any ideas on how to fiix this problem? It sounds like the service didn't get uninstalled properly.  I'm not positive, but you can try the following: - click start menu - click 'run' - type in 'services.msc /s' - look for 'Asp.Net Admin Service' (or something sim...

Can not start IIS Admin Service
Hi, I am not sure where to post this message. I have problem with internet connection. I checked Network Connection Service and it is not started. All options Start, Stop, Pause, Restart are not active. When I click on tab Dependencies on dialog box of Network Connection Service, I get message 'Win32: Access is denied'. I checked RPC and it is started. I tried to look in Event Viewer and when I click on Application or System, I get message 'Unable to complete the operation on Application. Access is denied'. I checked IIS Admin Service and it is not started. Her...

Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure
Hi all, I am trying to start sql server reporting services using configuration->Reporting Services Configuration but i am getting that error "Cannot start service ReportServer on computer 'TECNICSTFS'. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The service did not start due to a logon failure"  Here 'TECNICSTFS' is our computer name. Any help  Regards  Brijesh Singh   Hi, The Report Server Service requires an account to run. You can set this account through the MMC Service throung the control panel or by using the RS Configuration...

Starting SQLAnywhere starts up Dialup connection
Can anyone suggest why this might happen on international verisons of win95. Local win95 does not have this problem. Start ODBC administrator, try test_connections, dialup connection starts Thanks If you don't need TCP/IP then be sure to specify only the protocol you need (-x IPX). If you are using TCP/IP then specify the IP address of the server (-x tcpip{HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx}). -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX ... or reset then registry key Key = LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio...

Starting a service after all other services with init script
Hello, I'm creating an OpenSuse based embedded system that mostly consists of a Qt/Embedded application � since it should function as an appliance, I want to have it boot, then immediately start that application without user intervention. The only way I'm aware of of doing this with OpenSuse is to create a custom init script. I have done so, using /etc/init.d/skelton as a basis. It pretty much just consist of an INIT INFO section, followed by an invokation of another bash script only when the init script is called with the "start" argument. The Qt/E program...

start vncserver service when system starts...
dear, in centos / fedora, I can config to start a permanent vnc session by setting the /etc/sysconfig/vncserver file when the system starts. Is there any similar configuration in opensuse which give me a permanent session? thx a lot. -- lau0001 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ There should be in yast, IIRC, "remote access" which, when enabled, will enable the default(s) vnc servers from /etc/xinted/vnc.conf or something simmilar. From that vnc conf file you can enable / disable / tweak the vnc server services, e.g. ...

How to get Sysam service to start before Jaguar service
Any suggestions on how to get the sysam service to start before the jaguar service, so that jaguar starts up in AdvancedEdition mode, and not developer mode? Has anyone been able to setup the service dependencies in WIN2k? (if so, can you give me a hint!) Thanks, David I put the following line in my user_setenv.bat file: REM ** -- Start the CIM Repository -- call "C:\Program Files\Sybase\CIMRepository-3_0_0\bin\repository.bat" Jonathan -- Jonathan Baker eBusiness Division Sybase, Inc. "David Renton" <drenton_nospamme_@winmill....

nfs-client service very slow to start or not starting
The nfs-client service isn't starting after boot up. This is causing problems with the user as they cannot access the remote folders on the server. The PC is a Thinkpad X60s with oS11.3 and KDE4.4.4. The problem started about a week ago after some updates (new kernel update, kde4 updates and some system files) were applied on the laptop. After logging in none of the remote folders are available. Checking the nfs-client service under Yast>System Services (Runlevel) shows the nfs-client service is not running. If I enable and start the service I get the pop-up confirming th...

service apache2 start VS apache2ctl start
Version: opensuse 11.3 Apache/2.2.17 I have a Sinatra application running on top of passenger module for Apache. Ruby 1.9.2 The application works if apache is started with "apache2ctl start", however, it doesn't when calling "service apache2 start". The error comes from passenger: > Error message: > invalid byte sequence in US-ASCII > Exception class: > ArgumentError > > Backtrace: > # File Line Location > 0 /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/sinatra-1.1.0/lib/sinatra/base.rb > 897 in `gsub' > 1 /usr/lib/ruby...

Web resources about - Starting SQLAnywhere as a service - sybase.sqlserver.admin

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere