Server userid 35 is not valid user in database sybsystemprocs

Hi,

we are using ASE11.5 on NT.

I just droped a login and recreated it with the following script

print   'keberle'
exec sp_addlogin 'keberle', 'password',@fullname =  'Richard Keberle
Ruecklastschri',@defdb =  'omitrans',@deflanguage =  'us_english'
exec sp_locklogin 'keberle', 'unlock'
exec sp_role 'grant', 'hotline', 'keberle'
go
exec sp_adduser 'keberle', 'R_KEBERLE', 'public'
go

If the user now  trys to connect to the db omitrans he got the
following message:

"Server userid 35 is not valid user in database sybsystemprocs"

What goes wrong ?

Thanks for any help !

with reagards

Christian Wei�, wellcom germany

0
Weiss
1/5/2000 8:59:23 AM
sybase.sqlserver.admin 2338 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Weiss Christian wrote:

> I just droped a login and recreated it with the following script
>
> print   'keberle'
> exec sp_addlogin 'keberle', 'password',@fullname =  'Richard Keberle
> Ruecklastschri',@defdb =  'omitrans',@deflanguage =  'us_english'
> exec sp_locklogin 'keberle', 'unlock'

	You don't need to unlock it. Its unlocked by default.

> exec sp_role 'grant', 'hotline', 'keberle'
> go
> exec sp_adduser 'keberle', 'R_KEBERLE', 'public'

	I don't see a use statement here. This implies you are
	added them as a user in the master database rather than
	in omitrans. Is this correct?

> If the user now  trys to connect to the db omitrans he got the
> following message:
>
> "Server userid 35 is not valid user in database sybsystemprocs"
>
> What goes wrong ?

	I don't understand the message myself, but check if the syslogin
	table looks correct in master and the user has an entry in the
	sysusers table in omitrans.

-am
0
Anthony
1/6/2000 7:12:18 AM
Weiss Christian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we are using ASE11.5 on NT.
>
> I just droped a login and recreated it with the following script
>
> print   'keberle'
> exec sp_addlogin 'keberle', 'password',@fullname =  'Richard Keberle
> Ruecklastschri',@defdb =  'omitrans',@deflanguage =  'us_english'
> exec sp_locklogin 'keberle', 'unlock'
> exec sp_role 'grant', 'hotline', 'keberle'
> go
> exec sp_adduser 'keberle', 'R_KEBERLE', 'public'
> go
>
> If the user now  trys to connect to the db omitrans he got the
> following message:
>
> "Server userid 35 is not valid user in database sybsystemprocs"
>
> What goes wrong ?

I've got an inkling of an idea ...

What is the user (or his/her application) trying to do first thing when
it connects?  I'm gonna assume, for now, that it's trying to execute a
system stored proc?

Many of the dataserver's system stored procs are located in the
sybsystemprocs database.  In order to execute a stored proc in the
sybsystemprocs database you have to be defined as a user in the
sybsystemprocs database.  This can be accomplished in one of two ways

1) Go into the sybsystemprocs database and specifically add a new user,
e.g., "sp_adduser 'keberle','r_keberle', 'public'"

or, since this would be a major pain in the keister to add a lot of
users to sybsystemprocs ...

2) Go into the sybsystemprocs database and add the special user "guest"
to this database, e.g., "sp_adduser 'guest'".  (sp_adduser actually has
some special coding in it to handle the special case of a user named
'guest' ... see the source code for sp_adduser for details.)

Noooooowwwwwwwwwwww, Sybase typically takes care of this whole issue for
you when the dataserver is first built, i.e., the 'guest' user is
automatically added to the sybsystemprocs database.

Sounds like someone probably dropped the 'guest' user from the
sybsystemprocs database ... hence the inability of 'normal' users to
access the sybsystemprocs database.

If you want to verify that this is a problem with a missing 'guest' user
.... perform step #1 above for one specific user and see if s/he can get
past the error message.  If they can, then drop their id from the
sybsystemprocs database and then perform step #2 above (NOTE:  Check out
the source code for sp_adduser if "sp_adduser 'guest'" gives you an
error ... I'm not sure if you need to add more than just the first
argument ... *shrug*).  If the user can now log in without any problems
then you'll know that the problem was a missing 'guest' user.

What to do going forward?  If adding the 'guest' user solves the problem
.... you don't have to do anything else ... other than make sure that the
'guest' user is not dropped from the sybsystemprocs database again.

Of course, if you're still having your problem after all of this ...
please post some more info about what the user (application?) is trying
to do right after logging in, i.e., why are they trying to access the
sybsystemprocs database?
--
Mark Parsons
Pegasys Ltd

Server user id is not a valid user in database
Good afternoon, I just restored a database and am receiving the following error [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Enterprise]Server user id 4 is not a valid user in database Is there a system function or stored procedure or some other SQL that I can use to fix this issue - or do I have to create the master logins and redo the restore. Thanks in advance. Whatty There is no magic wand... This is for the experienced dba. If you have a copy of master..syslogins in bcp native format then restore that too. You may need to delete most logins except sa & pr...

Checking Username\ password against SQL Server database to validate users at login
I have login page (login.aspx) with a username and pasword textbox. I want to check if the username or the password exists in the database (let the table be named as "users"). If the username and the password exists in the table then I allow the user to the default.aspx page otherwise I generate the error message that "Either the username\password is invalid".Please advise how do I do check against the database in asp.net???thanks in advance You are looking to authenticate then to authorize users, Take a look at this articlehttp://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en...

Cannot connect to Database, see data sources, or see server explorer in Visual Studio Pro 2005' solution explorer as a Non-Admin User
Cannot connect to Database, see data sources, or see server explorer in Visual Studio Pro 2005' solution explorer as a Non-Admin UserEnvironment:Client:       Windows XP SP2, Visual Studio Pro 2005 and SqlSever 2005 Dev edition installed.Server:      Small Business Server 2003 PremiumInstalled the VS2005, and SQL Server 2005 as Domain Power User, and am able to view the data sources and the server explorer.   But when I log in as a regular user belonging to Domain User group, the data explorer and the server explorer window don't appear in the Solutions Explorer, nor does the menu items unde...

restricting Validation on server side if user side validation is done
I was facing a problem a majot trouble. IF we disable scripts and third party browser extentions then validators goes down, they jus stop working data goes straight in database. to restrict injection (sql as well as scripts and other) i need to perform server side validations. I am using regex to validate in code behind(.cs file) of aspx pages. But that code will execute even if client side validation is performed. I want a way to notify, means to restrict code to execute if client side Vlidation suceeds. Is there any way please help.  Hey, This is a common problem. On the serv...

how to validate users for database ?
i build a sql database , and try to develop a access application by PB8.0. here,i hope the application can validate authorized users ( users table built in PB) in login window by enter userid and password before open the main frame. how to code for the validate in the login window? and should i build the users table in PB or in SQL database? On 6 Mar 2006 02:29:11 -0800, florance wrote: >i build a sql database , and try to develop a access >application by PB8.0. here,i hope the application can >validate authorized users ( users table built in PB) in >login window by e...

Netware server license for 5 - database license for 50
Tim Since you don't have to be logged into the NetWare box that runs the database your 50 user database license would apply. You will only use the 5 server connections if the users authenticate to the box for any reason. Hope this helps David K. "Tim Nesham" <timnesham@msn.com> wrote in message news:HYDhrKxNBHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > > > Thanks. "David K." <me@you.com> wrote in message news:YMilhZxNBHA.275@forums.sybase.com... > Tim > > Since you don't have to be logged into the NetWare box...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'Server\Username'... again
I have been working for a few month on a project, when suddenly I can not access the local database I use for testing. Here are some details:Microsoft Visual Studio, C# application, The database is in the folder "App_Data," gets attached automatically, and is accessed using Windows authentication, and hence, no user accounts were created explicitely. Connection string:<add name="ASPNETDBConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\ASPNETDB.MDF;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="Sy...

How to recommend User some UserIds , if Userid enterd by user is not available ?
In my registration form, i want to keep Check User Id facility, sooo that user can check if userid is available or not, it is very is to programm, but my problem is that in many website i have seen that when Userid is not available it recommends user some UserIds,, which is similar with UserId entered by that user.i dont know how we can recomend user if UserId entered by User is not available, if anyone of you know this then help me.   most of these websites take the date or year of birth of the user (or even a random number), add it to the given userid (or part of it) and then che...

Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running
I get this error on one of my clients, although the DB server is, in fact, running. If I go to ODBC, and "TEST CONNECTION" it says OK, and all begins to work within a minute or so again. Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: Database server not running Are there client settings, or server settings, which can eliminate this annoying problem? Our entire website stops working as it's completely db driven, until the error clears itself up... RUNNING ASA 6.0.3030 RT Can you post the parameters you filled in...

Each user as database user
Good day! I'm trying to implement my own MemebershipProvider. Problem is, that different users should be different database users. Not each user. Any idea, how to solve this? Because only way how to use some database user I know it is to change connection string...  Why dont you use Windows Authentication and let the Active Directory take care of your memberships. Is this an internal application?  It is not. I already wrote one post about it and I will tell it again. Application is based on classicla win application. The same database. Problem is, that usual dat...

Trouble installing/configuring ASP2.0 web admin files & membership database on Win2003 server
Dear ASP.net Forums I am struggling to install/configure ASP2.0 web admin files & membership database on Windows 2003 development server as I need to asses Visual Studio 2005 (Beta). It installs fine on my local machine but not on the server I have reinstalled the Framework to see if this fixes the problem but to no avail Can anyone provide me with some guidance. I would appriciate it a lot. Thanks HanZo28...

How to call the confirmation two 2 times for confirmation to save the data in the database, with server validation or client validation in ASP C# Page?
I have a web page developed in ASP.NET with C# as the code behind. I am trying to save the records in the SQL Server Express edition. I need to ask for the confirmation of the user TWO (2) times. I have some required fields on my page. I am doing the validation on server side, so, asking the confirm() on the OnClick of the SAVE button will not call the Validation events first. Please suggest me a way to implement both; Validation and how to ask for confirmation TWO times? Thanks in advance!  To every problem, there is a solution. The only thing is, we have to find it!Sachin. &nb...

If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly?
If I upgrade sql server 2005 express to sql server 2008 express, will my user instances in the 2005 database be transfered automaticly? Thanks! Hi asdpai, I am not sure if I catch your meaning.But if you want to upgrade the SQL Server 2005 Express to SQL Server 2008 Express, you may refer to the following link: Version and Edition Upgradeshttp://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393.aspxHow to: Upgrade to SQL Server 2008 (Setup)http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms144267.aspxJian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if t...

Portal hosted on Windows Server 2003 gives ACL 401.3
Hi all, In our Test Environment, we currently have our Application website hosted on 2 separate IIS 6.0 Servers(Windows 2003) The application has Integrated windows authentication enabled(with Anonymous access unchecked).The problem is whenever a user tries to hit the website he will be prompted for credentials and after three attemptshe will be redirected to 401.3(HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.)Error page.If the user is added as Administrator on the IIS box itself , then he could access the site without any problem, w...

Web resources about - Server userid 35 is not valid user in database sybsystemprocs - sybase.sqlserver.admin