From 11.5 to 11.9.2

I�m installing ASE 11.9.2 in a new NT box. I will recreate all objects from
another server. But i have a question about logins and users: Before i need
to go from 11.0.1 to 11.5 and i just bcp'ed out the syslogins table to a
text file, delete the first two rows and then, i bcp'ed in the new server,
and all was fine. In one of the release bulletin it says something about the
probe login, that its suid has been changed in the new version, someone has
done this process successfully?, which guidelines could i follow?
Another one, in the same new server i am going to recreate objects from
another server, this one just have one database, do i need to recreate the
users manually? Logins from the two old servers are different.
Thanks for your time.

0
Jaime
9/24/1999 8:50:08 PM
sybase.sqlserver.admin 2338 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Jaime Barillas wrote:

> I�m installing ASE 11.9.2 in a new NT box. I will recreate all objects from
> another server. But i have a question about logins and users: Before i need
> to go from 11.0.1 to 11.5 and i just bcp'ed out the syslogins table to a
> text file, delete the first two rows and then, i bcp'ed in the new server,
> and all was fine. In one of the release bulletin it says something about the
> probe login, that its suid has been changed in the new version, someone has
> done this process successfully?, which guidelines could i follow?

	If you aren't using two phase commit you won't really need the
	probe login. You can proceed as before. New logins start at suid
	3.

> Another one, in the same new server i am going to recreate objects from
> another server, this one just have one database, do i need to recreate the
> users manually? Logins from the two old servers are different.

	Looks like you'll need to if they are different. After you load the
	db in, drop all the users and recreate. This should realign the
	users ids in that database with the suids in the master database.
	Also watch for the dbo. The load may reassign it in which case
	you'll have to drop it too and then redo (or run sp_changedbowner).

-am
0
Anthony
9/27/1999 1:51:27 AM
Anthony Mandic wrote:

>         If you aren't using two phase commit you won't really need the
>         probe login. You can proceed as before. New logins start at suid
>         3.

For example CIS (earlier called OmniServer) may require two phase commit.

Regards,
Pedja

0
Pedja

11.9.2 -> 11.9.2.5: errors from installdbccdb and instcomm
I recently upgraded from 11.9.2 to 11.9.2.5 using EBF9620. I unzipped the downloaded upgrade file and overwrote the files in the $SYBASE tree. I then proceeded to run the upgrade scripts as directed in the cover letter (scripts located in $SYBASE\scripts). The "instmstr.sql" and "instmsgs.ebf" scripts ran just fine, but the "installdbccdb" and "instcomm" scripts produced some errors about objects not being found. The server appears to be operating just fine, but I wanted to know if I should be concerned about these errors. "ins...

RFI
Hi, Is it worth going to 11.5.1 considering 11.9.2 is out? I'm looking for information about upgrading 11.0.3 to 11.5.1 or 11.9.2 on HP-UX. Looking for advice, tips & tricks, pitfalls, etc I'm also interested in other peoples exeriances with 11.5.1 and 11.9.2 with regaurds to performance, stability, bugs & problems. thanks in advance Andrew. -- The views expressed are those of the author, not necessarily of Innovus Limited. Andrew, When I took the "Powering-up for ASE 11.5" class from Syba...

Upgrade 11.0.3.3 to ASE 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5 and LTMs
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ASE 11.5+ has RepAgent built in as internal server threads (which has nothing to do with OpenServer). When upgrading, keep the LTM's and upgrade to RS 11.5 / ...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

11.5 and 11.9.2 LTM
After 11.5, LTM is built in thread inside SQL server, does anyone out there enable give out pro and con. I maintained 1103 rep systems, it is quite stable release. I am just wonder should keep using 1103 ltm with 1192 SQL server or go ahead to use built-in 1192 ltm. Any comments are welcome. As long as you are using the 11.0.3 Replication Server, you must use the 11.0.3 LTM. The Replication Agent thread in ASE 11.5.1+ requires Replication Server 11.5. Ralph Rey Wang wrote: > > After 11.5, LTM is built in thread inside SQL server, does anyone out > there...

ASE 11.5, 11.9.2?
Are there any plans to release newer versions of ASE on Linux? Will fixes to the current release be made available? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------EBDC13D328A20FE4F7626E93 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Paul Mapstone wrote: > Are there any plans to release newer versions of ASE on Linux? Will > fixes to the current release be made available? Hi Paul, I do not know. Contact your Sybase sales representative and request it. Jason --------------EBDC13D328A20FE4F7626E93 Content-Type: text/x-v...

11.9.2.3 to 11.9.2.4
We are currently running version 11.9.2.3 on HP/UX 10.2. I would like to upgrade to 11.9.2.4 but another DBA has advised me that, if we do this, we will have to upgrade the client software on all the client machines. That sounds strange to me. We are currently running 11.1 clients on our PC's. Is anyone aware of a required client upgrade when going to 11.9.2.4? If so, are there any work arounds that would avoid having to upgrade all client PC's? Hi Robert. Moving from 11.9.2.3 to 11.9.2.4 should not impact your clients and would not require updating any software on th...

replicate ASE 11.0.3 via R.S. 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2
Has any one successfully replicated from 11.0.3 using Rep Server 11.5 to ASE 11.9.2 using ltm's? We are running on solaris 2.6 using veritas filesystem and keep getting stack traces (this shuts down the connection). I would like to know if anyone else has replicated using these versions or something similar. Thanks. kboniface@worldres.com Yes, I have done this. No specific problems. HTH, Rob -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Rob Verschoor Certified Sybase ASE 11.5 Administrator (Professional) Certified DBA/Performance...

Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5
PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and 11.5. Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch available for this? Thanks Shashi Kanth shashi@systemlogic.com I have never used PowerDesignor WA 6.0 so I'm not sure what a .def file is, but I hope the following answers your questions. The are a lot of differences between the various versions of IQ, but each new version of IQ supports a superset of the previous version's syntax. So all iq commands found in 11....

Difference between IQ 11.0,11.1,11.2 and 11.5
PowerDesignor WarehouseArchitect 6.0 does not support IQ 11.2 and 11.5. Can the .def file for 11.1 can be used as is with 11.2 and 11.5 ? Any modifications need to be made to the .def file?Is there any patch available for this? Thanks Shashi Kanth shashi@systemlogic.com ...

Fw: Smoke [5.9.2] 23330 FAIL(X) hp-ux 11.11/64 (PA-2.0/64/2 cpu)
23323 was still OK, 23330 was the next smoke on this machine after 23323 and the first to show this pattern Forwarded by "H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@hccnet.nl> ----------------------- Original Message ----------------------- From: "H.Merijn Brand" <h.m.brand@hccnet.nl> To: smokers-reports@perl.org Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:20 +0200 Subject: Smoke [5.9.2] 23330 FAIL(X) hp-ux 11.11/64 (PA-2.0/64/2 cpu) ---- Automated smoke report for 5.9.2 patch 23330 r3: PA8800 (PA-2.0/64/2 cpu) on hp-ux - 11.11/64 using gcc versi...

significant difference between 11.9.2 and 11.9.2.3
Hi, we have two database servers. one with Adaptive Server 11.9.2, the other with Adaptive Server 11.9.2.3. On both are exactly the same databases. In one table there is a char(1) column bound to a user datatype including a rule, which allows only a "Y" or a "N". The column is allowed to have NULL values If I try to insert a row under 11.9.2 nothing happens, I can insert a NULL value in this column. Under 11.9.2.3 I get the error 522 "A column insert or update conflicts with a rule bound to the column ..... " I cannot explain that for myself...

11.9.2.4 on HP 11.11
Hi, My client is running ASE 11.9.2.4 on HP-Unix Ver 11.0.But they are planning to install the same ASE version on HP-Unix version 11.11.Is ASE 11.9.2.4 certified on Hp-Unix 11.11.Also are there any know performance related issues or otherwise ? -- Regards, Uma Vijaykar. OOPS!!Wrong helpdesk.Sorry. -- Regards, Uma Vijaykar. > Hi, > > My client is running ASE 11.9.2.4 on HP-Unix Ver 11.0.But they are planning > to install the same ASE version on HP-Unix version 11.11.Is ASE 11.9.2.4 > certified on Hp-Unix 11.11.Also are there any know performance...

Upgrading from 11.5.1 to 11.9.2
Hi We run Solaris 2.6 and Sybase 11.5.1 We have decided to upgrade to 11.9.2. When we went through the documentation, we found out that our sybsystemprocs database is smaller than the required for an upgrade.Also the existing sysprocsdev is full.So we decided to disk init a new sysprocs2 device and alter the database on that so that it of the required size for the upgrade. So that the sybsystemprocs would now sit on 2 devices. However the upgrade manual from sybase recommends a diffirent path to follow. It instructs to drop the sybsystemprocs database,drop the device,create a ...

Web resources about - From 11.5 to 11.9.2 - sybase.sqlserver.admin

'Pretty Little Liars' WINS at People's Choice Awards 2016
Ashley Benson and Lucy Hale step out in style for at the 2016 People’s Choice Awards held at the Microsoft Theater on Wednesday (January 6) in ...

California gas leak that caused nausea, nose bleeds prompts state of emergency
California Gov. Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency Wednesday over a massive natural-gas leak that has been spewing fumes into a Los Angeles ...

Obama's Executive Actions on Guns: Vague, Legally Confusing, Useless for Curbing Gun Violence, but Possibly ...
The actual specific policies Obama vowed to push via executive action in his big gun speech yesterday are rather narrow and ineffectual. As Doug ...

The Oculus Rift is finally launching, but maybe wait for the awesome Touch controllers
LAS VEGAS — Last summer, I said HTC's Vive VR headset and not the Oculus Rift convinced me VR is the future After trying out the consumer version ...

The company behind Faraday Future's money made an infotainment system for Aston Martin
LeTV, the Chinese media and electronics company that's backing EV startup Faraday Future, has created an infotainment concept for Aston Martin. ...

Alabama Chief Justice Tries To Ban Same-Sex Marriage In His State
Huffington Post Alabama Chief Justice Tries To Ban Same-Sex Marriage In His State Huffington Post Roy Moore, chief justice of the Alabama ...

Watch Netflix’s new trailers for ‘The Get Down’ and ‘The Crown’
If you thought Netflix had a busy year in 2015, just wait until you see what the streaming company has in store for 2016. Over the next 12 months, ...

Griffey elected to Baseball Hall of Fame in landslide
Center fielder Ken Griffey Jr. fell three votes shy of becoming the first unanimous selection in Baseball Hall of Fame history when he was elected ...

West Point Cadet Gets 8 Years on Federal Child Porn Charge
West Point cadet convicted of collecting, distributing child porn gets 8 years in prison

Microsoft will stop supporting Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 on January 12
Owen Williams / The Next Web : Microsoft will stop supporting Internet Explorer 8, 9, and 10 on January 12 — Web developers rejoice; Internet ...