CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library

Hi everyone

I'm using ASE 11.5.1 on DG/UX, and I often getting the following message on
the
client log file

"CT-LIBRARY error:  ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library
error: Read from the server has timed out."

According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem.
However I don't think that.

I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured.

Anyone helps would be grateful.

Thanks. DHL

0
Dong
10/23/2000 12:05:45 AM
sybase.sqlserver.admin 2338 articles. 0 followers. Follow

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi everyone I'm using ASE 11.5.1, and I often getting the following message on the client log file "CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." According to client developer, above problem is caused by network problem. However I don't think that. I tried to fix this problem as much as I can, but still occured. Anyone helps would be grateful. Thanks. DHL ...

CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
Hi all, I'm using ASE 11.9.2, and I often getting this timeout message(CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.) when I try to log on using isql or sybase central. We are testing with a lot of users and connect to a lot of remote databases using CIS. I can't even log on to shutdown the server. When I issue an netstat -a | grep port number that sybase listening, I get a report like this. datanet1.10032 datanet1.47437 32768 0 32768 0 CLOSE_WAIT datanet1.10032 datanet1.47...

ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out.
We are experiencing intermittent, unexplained errors with the following text: "ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library error: Read from the server has timed out." There are absolutely no errors in the error log when these errors occur. Our server is accessible immediately before and after, but the various components cannot connect when these split-second errors occur. Here is our current version info: Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.0.0.1/P/SWR 9264 ESD 3/Sun_svr4/OS 5.6/1629/32bit0 Fingers are pointing at me and the database ("Hey, I can't connec...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

Why?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C57265.CDDC7E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When I execute the UPDATE command appears the following error ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in truncation. VERSION Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.3/EBF 12331 ESD#1/P/Sun_svr4/OS = 5.8/ase1253/1900/64-bit/FBO/Tue Jan 25 08:52:58 2005=20 Thanks. Romulo Igor RGS / BRASIL GOODCARD.com.br ------=_NextPart_000_0...

HELP!! CT-LIBRARY error: CT-LIBRARY error:
Hi, I am running ase-11.9.2 on RH6.1. I have installed the rpms and run the srvbuild program and set up the database etc etc. But when I try to use isql, it says: CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found. What is causing this? I have: -Run sybase: /etc/rc.d/init.d/sybase start -Looked in ps x and seen sybase dataserver running with area51 as the hostname -editied /etc/hosts as per posts on this list: 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost area51 n.n.n.31 area51....

ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in an overflow
Hi, I have a SQLCA connection object to a ASE 12.0 Server. The following SELECT results in an error: ct_fetch(): user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 2 resulted in an overflow The same SELECT in SQL Advantage works perfect. sz_uses_zontalk_1 = "" sz_uses_zontalk_2 = "" ls_TerminalId = sz_terminal_id SELECT ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_1,''), ISNULL(dba.tab_terminal.uses_zontalk_2,'') INTO :sz_uses_zontalk_1, :sz_uses_zontalk_2 FROM dba.tab_terminal WHERE dba.tab_ter...

BCP error: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error
On AIX, I am trying to BCP into a Sybase 11.5 server, data that was unloaded using BCP on Sybase 10 server and get the following msg: CSLIB Message: - L0/O0/S0/N24/1/0: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The conversion/operation was stopped due to a syntax error in the source field. Can anyone help me with this problem? I read somewhere in this newsgroup that EBF 8060 will fix this problem. Has anyone tried out this EBF? Will it work for Sybase on AIX? Thanks I. Kassam Hi, I'm answering this post for the sake of the archive. Most likely t...

ERROR: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available
Hello! I get the error: ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of the requested protocol class is available The client Sybase software we're using is (isql -v) 11.1.1: Sybase CTISQL Utility/11.1.1/P-EBF8058/sun_svr4/SPARC Solaris 2.5.1/1/OPT/Sat Aug 8 02:14:24 1998 The server database is Sybase 11.3.3 Anyone got a clue why I get that error? Thanks, Henrik Henrik Wallentin wrote: > I get the error: > ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error: No driver of > the requested protocol class is av...

ct_connect(): network packet layer: internal net library error
My problem started after the IP address of the sybase database server was changed. At the time I was connected to the database but once the change was made I lost connection to the server. I recycled my machine and attempted to reconnect after modifying the sql.ini file located in the sybase directory on my PC. I tried connecting via SQL Advantage and also using the command line isql mode but connection to the server was not successful. The error message I receive follows: Client Message: Layer 5, Origin 3, Severity 5, Number 4 ct_connect(): network packet layer: intern...

bcp in help : cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error:
can some one give a work around for this bcp data file. I'm having problem to import/bcp in to the table due to some bad data I guess. Thanx C:\>bcp prod1..table1 in d:\et\input.txt -c -t"," -Usa -P -S<server> Starting copy... CSLIB Message: - L0/O0/S0/N36/1/0: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The result is truncated because the conversion/operation resulted in overflow. 1000 rows sent to SQL Server. 2000 rows sent to SQL Server. CSLIB Message: - L0/O0/S0/N36/1/0: cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The result is ...

internal Client Library error: memory allocation failure error
Hi we are selecting some data into temp table say #MyTable and using cursor to process that data from #MyTable in C programme .Ideally we should be able to run multiple instances of that C programme as search criteria for selecting into temp table is diff all the time. but after runnig four instances for fifth instance its giving following error. Other four instances are runnig fine. ERROR: SQL Error :ct_fetch(): protocol specific layer: internal Client Library error: memory allocation failure. SQL Error :ct_cursor(): user api layer: external error: This routine cannot be ...

Web resources about - CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): user api layer: internal Client Library - sybase.sqlserver.admin

Bullshit copyright complaint is the perfect pretense to censor CT library art
Peter from the National Coalition Against Censorship writes, "A Connecticut library took down a painting of Mother Teresa because of a dodgy ...