ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote

Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE
to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server?

0
BH
9/16/1999 5:55:48 AM
sybase.sqlserver.admin 2338 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

sql-remote between ASE and ASE
hello! sql-remote document don't give us help with replication with ASE and ASE. i need detail how to do it. i use ASE12 + NT4.0 + SQL Remote6.0.2 . i test it in the list 1�� define messagetype : smtp 2�� define use_name :one is publisher,the other is remote user_name 3�� define publisher,publication,subscription 4��execute ssremote.exe to receive or send message I failed at the step of extract database .i don't extract the database . please help me ,tell me the datail of sql-remote confige. Thanks a lot , ...

sql remote ase to ase
can I use sql remote ro replicate data form ase to ase or only from asa to ase and asa to asa ? I would also recommend that you read over the following tech doc; Implementing ASE to ASE Server SQL Remote Replication http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1009730 Ian Bater iAnywhere Solutions Reg Domaratzki wrote: > Just be aware of the limitations pointed out in the documentation when using ASE as a remote database. > > Replication and Synchronization Guide > PART 4. Appendixes > APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences > > Limitations ...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

Remote admin of SQL Remote folder under ASE 11.9.2?
Hi, (I've posted this to SQLServer.NT as well) I'm able to see and manage the SQL Remote folder for ASE when I'm working locally of the ASE Server; however, when I connect to the ASE server with my laptop, the SQL Remote folder does not appear. Is there a plugin needed to remotely manage ASE SQL Remote installations? Am I missing something obvious? OR, is there no support for this CRITICAL feature? Thanks, Tom Yes, there is support. Here is the files you will need to get this working. In the directory where the ASE 11.9.2 plugin DLL resides, you should ...

Replicate SQL Anywhere Text column to ASE using Replication Server
Hi everyone, Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive Server Enterprise? TIA Virginia yes. Replication of BLOBs works fine /steve -- Stephen Rice Manager Custom Support Sybase Canada Inc. email: srice@sybase.com virginia cheung wrote in message <01bdf3e7$6ed5c420$010414ac@star>... >Hi everyone, > >Is it possible replicate text column in SQL anywhere 5.5.04 using >Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere and Replication Server 11.5 to Adaptive >Server ...

ASE Replicator or SQL Remote
We have several 11.9.x servers running on RH Linux that we need a simple replication solution for. These severs will be upgraded to 12.5 over a year or so. Rep sever seems overkill. I have been looking at the new ASE Replicator in 12.5 and SQL Remote that was designed for 11.9.x. Here are my questions: If I set up one 12.5 db and use it as the primary database can it publish data to the 11.9.x servers? Is SQL Remote going to be a supported product or is Sybase encouraging users to move to Replicator? Does SQL Remote run on Linux? Which is eaiser, more reliable? T...

SQL Remote and ASE Replicator
Hello, Is it possible to use SQL Remote and ASE Replicator on the same database? SQL Remote and Replication Server for example have such capability when you use ssqueue. -- JT Both the ASE replicator and SQL Remote for ASE need to exclusively manage ASE's secondary truncation point in order to identify the oldest data page in syslogs that they need to start scanning from. There is only 1 secondary truncation point, and by the nature of it, it can not be shared between processes to identify more than one page. This is why we included the SSQueue as a solution for an ASE ...

ASE and ASE

ASE to ASE

ASE Replicator & SQL Remote
Hi, How do I use ASE Replicator as the consolidated and ASA 6 SQL Remote as the remote? Where can I read notes on this topic or is it same as in the previous version of ASE (using ASE SQL Remote)? Thanks. AFAIK they cannot interact. /steve -- Stephen Rice Technical Services Manager iAnywhere Solutions - Please Post- Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer <Liza_A.S> wrote in message news:ACEE1F68940329BC001A644385256C9C.001A645285256C9C@webforums... > Hi, > &g...

upgrade ASE database with SQL remote replication
The SQL remote replication is between ASE and ASA database. Does the secondary truncation point need to set 'ignore' before the ASE database is upgraded ? Thanks Yes, correct. You do need to ignore the secondary truncation point with dbcc settrunc( 'ltm', ignore') in the ASE database before upgrading. Of course your log should be totally drained using ssremote -i, before doing that. After successfully upgrading you have to set that back to 'valid' "liy" <LI_YUPING@bls.gov> wrote in message news:%23r8X8U8SDHA.3...

ASE 11.5 Replication with SQL Remote
Has anybody gotten ASE 11.5 for NT to replicate using SQL Remote ? There seem to be problems using SQL Remote as the agent to replicate between ASE 11.5 nodes ? ...

Web resources about - ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote - sybase.sqlserver.admin

DNA replication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
DNA replication is a biological process that occurs in all living organisms and copies their DNA ; it is the basis for biological inheritance ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...