@@connections and user connections

Hi!

I've a doubt, I hope you can help me.

I've ASE 11.9.3 on HP-UX 11.0. The problem is at times, when an user run an
aplication, soon afterwards system log out him. I checked the log and I
found the next error:

01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.32 server  Error: 1601,
 Severity: 21, State: 3
01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.33 server  There are not
 enough 'user connections' available to start a new process.
 Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System
 Administrator to reconfigure SQL Server with more user connections.

But, the point is I have 150 user connections configurated and at the moment
of the error there are 80 (or less than 150) users connected!

I checked the @@connections variable and I see that it increments fast,
specially when an aplication is running. My question is: Is it related this
variable with user connections parameter? and independently of the
application, is this a bug of ASE? What can I do?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Francisco Castillo

1
Francisco
6/29/2000 3:37:53 PM
sybase.sqlserver.admin 2338 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Francisco Castillo wrote:

> But, the point is I have 150 user connections configurated and at the moment
> of the error there are 80 (or less than 150) users connected!
>
> I checked the @@connections variable and I see that it increments fast,
> specially when an aplication is running. My question is: Is it related this
> variable with user connections parameter? and independently of the
> application, is this a bug of ASE? What can I do?

	It appears as though your application takes more than one connection
	while it runs. You can confirm this by monitoring a single user and
	checking how many connections the same application has while it runs.
	You may need to up the number of connections as a result or have the
	application fixed.

-am
-1
Anthony

not connected when I am connected

How to create connections vars on user connection?
Hi all In order to profile the database with a parameterized view, I need to create the necessary variables at connection time, I guess (We normally create these vars via our client app). I tried creating them in a system event trigger ('Connect'), but although the event and trigger fires, the lifetime of the variables seems to be the trigger itself. I'm using the CREATE VARIABLE statement (not the "DECLARE") and thought these had the lifetime of a connection. What am I doing wrong here and/or are there better ways to create these vars after a connect...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server. Only an integrated connection can generate a user instance. The connection will be closed.
When i run my website from my pc address (http://192.168.2.100:8080/quiz/login.aspx)  i get  Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server. Only an integrated connection can generate a user instance. The connection will be closed. Any help for solve this problem? Thank you Mario Lopes http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=98346&siteid=1&PageID=2http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=125227&SiteID=1http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/03/23/558651.aspxhttp://forums.asp.net/t/1077818.aspxdreamlusion~~~~~~~...

How to connect to ASE where the Number of users connections reached max.
Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user connections = 100, Can we set the server to accept only 99 and leave one connection for sa. Any ideas ? Thanks RK <mc> wrote in message news:90CF65CADCBB10550052A3D485256D25.00521D4B85256D25@webforums... > > Is there any way the 'sa' can connect to the ASE when the server reached > > user connections limit. Let us say if have the number of user > connections = > > 100, Can we set the server to a...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

connect to sqlserver express, VS2005
 Using the connection wizard in visual studio it will find the server name but it won't detect any databases. When I test the connection I get an error message;SQL server does not allow remote connectionsProvider: name pipes provider, error 40 - could not open connection to SQL server  I changed the configuration of SQL to accept remote connections and that did not fix the problemI'm using Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server Express   could you write details like connection string , first chect your connection authenticationIf you cannot make thing good m make it looks...

XP network connections 1394 connection connected! huh?
Hi, XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected. There is no device plugged into my firewire port. Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections? Maybe I just never noticed before.. While ducking under cover and reloading, I thought I heard code_wrong say: > Hi, > XP Network Connections 1394 connection connected. > There is no device plugged into my firewire port. > Why does it show 1394 connection connected in Network connections? > > Maybe I just never noticed before.. Same here, but like you said, nothing is plugged in so I...

OpenVPN no connectivity after connecting
My goal with the OpenSuSE machine I have set up is to be an OpenVPN server. So far so good, I have started the server and I am able to connect a Mac client (running TunnelBlick) to the server. However the client doesn't have any connectivity, I can't ping any addresses for example. The server is set up for bridging instead of routing as I want the remote client to get an IP address in the same range as the rest of the LAN. The client is getting an IP address from the range specified in my server.conf file, so that's a start, but the client can't talk to anyone. ...

SQL Database Connection
Help - here's my connection code - now wether the TxtUser/TxtPass is valid or not it still opens.  I've been playing with the Trusted_Connection and integrated seucrity and I can allow no one or anyone - not the real users in.  What am I missing.  DBCString = "data source=mba-sql02; initial catalog=MBA_COMPANY_INFORMATION; User ID='" & TxtUser.Text & "'; Pwd='" & TxtPass.Text & "' ; Trusted_Connection=yes" Hi You may try to stop and restart your SQL Sever using SQL Server Configuration Manager ...

Connection within connection
I have a table that stores general information on employees. I have a related table that stores actions of those employees. What I would like to do is make a list of employees + their actions. I wanted to do something like this: Dim cnAccess As new OleDbConnection("provider=...") cnAccess.Open() Dim sSelect As String sSelect = "SELECT * FROM tblEmployees" Dim cmdSelect as New OleDbCommand(sSelect, cnAccess) Dim drEmployees As OleDbDataReader drEmployees = cmdSelect.ExecuteReader() Do While drEmployees.Read() 'get name 'ge...

User mappings are getting connected then disconnected then connected, etc, etc
Just did an inplace upgrade from NW5.1sp6 (was not running native file) to NW6sp3 and added native file services. Users in the building are not using the Novell client but using the Microsoft for Novell Networks, they are running Win2k and XPpro. The boss doesn't want to run Novell client because of the delays it still does when accessing network drives. Anyways, when a user in the building logs in they do get their mappings ok, they get drives H, J & Z. The user clicks on J and sees the folders, double clicks on their H drive and gets an error "configuration informa...

Users can't connect- unsed connection issue?
We have 6, 6.0 sp5 Novell servers, each on their own subnet. It seems that connections that are not being used - do not clear themselves. What happens is that users call to say they cannot login. It appears they connect to a different server, but their mappings fail because they can't connect to their home server. When I clear the unused connections, they login normally. Thank you Aaron Webb Sorry- Errors are: login-lgnwnt32.dll-890: The specified server is unknown login-lgnwnt32.dll-430: The following drive mapping operation could not be completed. The Error code wa...

Web resources about - @@connections and user connections - sybase.sqlserver.admin

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...