UltraLite ORM support in .NET windows mobile application

Hi,

Does anybody know how to do Object Relational Mapping (ORM)
with UltraLite in a C# .NET windows mobile application? Any
example would be greatly appreciated.

John Daley
0
John
7/2/2010 4:19:21 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I wasn't able to find any ORM tools while working with
Ultralite.  I tried  NHibernate and ADO.NET, but they
didn;'t work under .NET Compact Framework ... ended up using
ULConnection to do SQL queries.

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know how to do Object Relational Mapping
> (ORM) with UltraLite in a C# .NET windows mobile
> application? Any example would be greatly appreciated.
>
> John Daley
0
Jeffrey

EDM support for Ultralite in .NET windows mobile application
Hi, Does UtlraLite support Entity Data Modeling for a .NET Windows Mobile application? Is there a way to add an ADO.NET Entity Data Model item to our Smart Device C# application for an UltraLite database? John Daley Unfortunately, UltraLite does not support the Entity Framework. On 29/06/2010 11:45 AM, John Daley wrote: > Hi, > > Does UtlraLite support Entity Data Modeling for a .NET > Windows Mobile application? Is there a way to add an ADO.NET > Entity Data Model item to our Smart Device C# application > for an UltraLite database? > > John Daley ...

Running MobileVB Ultralite 8 application in Windows after installing Ultralite 9
I have 3 applications. I developed my first 2 using Ultralite 8 technology. For my 3rd, I installed Ultralite 9 so I could use use dynamicSQL. In MobileVB, under Project,References, I can see both "iAnywhere Solutions Ultralite for MobileVB 8" and "iAnywhere Solutions Ultralite for MobileVB 9". So everything is installed correctly. When I want to run my 1st or 2nd application in Windows(using db connection techniques for UL 8), I can't run the app. I get errors because it wants me to use the UltraLite 9 database connection syntax. I do not understand...

Windows Principle security working in C#.NET Windows application, but not on ASP.NET Web Application with C#.NET as code behind
AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetPrincipalPolicy(PrincipalPolicy.WindowsPrincipal); WindowsPrincipal usrPrincipal = (WindowsPrincipal)Thread.CurrentPrincipal; WindowsIdentity usrIdentity = (WindowsIdentity)usrPrincipal.Identity; String usrPrincipalName = usrPrincipal.Identity.Name; String usrPrincipalType = usrPrincipal.Identity.AuthenticationType; String usrPrincipalAuth = usrPrincipal.Identity.IsAuthenticated.ToString()   Can you check why this code is not working in Web application, however it is working in Windows application  Is it crashing at runtime? Not compiling? What...

windows mobile 5 activesync 4 asa 9.0.2.3137 ultraLite.net communications error
The company bought a new ipaq with Windows Mobile 5.0, ActiveSync 4.0 and I deployed our application to it without any problems. However, I get a SQLE_COMMUNICATIONS_ERROR at the end of the sync download. The exact message is: "Synchronization error. Data was uploaded and committed, but an error occurred during download. SQLCode=SQLE_COMMUNICTIONS_ERROR" The same code and setup are working fine for PPC 2003 and PPC 2002 ActiveSync 3.8. Thanks Dave Joyner "Dave Joyner" <d4ljoyn@yahoo.com> wrote in news:4356410c$1@forums-2-dub of sybase.p...

ASP.NET Mobile Web Application to support Basic data mobile devices as well as Enhanced Data Mobile Device
Hi I am developing  ASP.NET Website for  mobile support.   I have to support my website "Basic Data Mobile devices"(devices that have a medium-size screen : 120x120 & 240x240 pixels), menu or icon based navigation via a thumb wheel or cursor and which offer access to e-mail, address book, SMS and a basic web browser(ied java based mobile phones with a web browser and some PDA functionality) as well as "Enhanced data mobile device" (240 x 120 pixels). While building such mobile web site what all are things I have to take care and a...

No Asp.net mobile web application template in VS 2005 team suite How Can I create Asp.net mobile web application
I am using VS 2005 team suite. I want's to create a mobile web application. How Can I create a mobile web application in VS 2005. There is no template for Asp.net mobile web application [as in VS 2003] Not if I create a new Project or If I create a new WebSite project Also I have make a project of smart device which works perfectly fine. In the toolbox If I add new item I can see System.web.ui.mobilecontrols. I think I am just missing the template for ASP.NET Mobile Web Application. I don't want's to download and install full windows CE 5.0 [800mb] for just this temp...

is .net 2005 is supported in Windows Vista? i had seen that asp.net applications are not running in debug mode.
Hi All is .net 2005 is supported  in Windows Vista? i had seen that asp.net applications are not running in debug mode. i had develeoped asp.net applications in .net 2005, and hosted and running successfully. now i want to edit those applications but my OS is upgraded to vista. is the applications created in .net 2008 will work in the environment where .net 2005 applications are working fine. (in the server where i prviously hosted my .net 2005 applications.)   any one aware of the answer to this? Thank You Regards Oersla Afroze Ahmed  Yes, it must work well, Did you...

How to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications
Hello can anyone please advise me guide me how to deploy .Net Windows/Web applications. I know how to do basic deployment but i want to know more about database connection string, Support files specific to application.   Please help--------ThanksSK Hi there,Database connections will not change too much, you will only need to change the Uid,password, server and sometimes database name.you can also create a setup file which will setup all the things. check out these:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818016 http://15seconds.com/issue/041229.htm http://www.microsoft.com/tec...

Difference B/W windows mobile application & web mobile application
Hi    i want differnce betwwen windows mobile application , web mobile  & smart device application . if anybody know about this post message to me.     From, Guru...

ASP.NET web application vs ASP.NET mobile web application
Hello, i have one question here. In New Project section, i found two item that are ASP.NET web application and ASP.NET mobile web application. Since i would like to start my project by creating a web application that can be accessed through mobile devices such as PDA, therefore can anyone suggest me which one is better to be chosen and why should i choose the suggested answer...Tq... An ASP.NET mobile web application uses a different set of controls to output HTML optimized for mobile devices, so thats your best bet :)...

UltraLite on Windows CE
Hi (This doesn't seem a popular newsgroup, so perhaps I'll get an instant response). Am I right in thinking that Ultralite will not support data files stored on PCMIA or CompactFlash cards? Someone at Sybase UK said this was the case, but that support would be available in the released version of UltraLite. Could you please clarify this issue as it is of direct relevance as to whether I use UltraLite or SQL Anywhere for CE. Thanks. Jeremy Sanders-Smith Rothwell Associates T +44(0)1279-755930 F +44(0)1279-755960 rothwell@dial.pipex.com Not quite instant,...

Does UltraLite 10 support Java-based applications
Hi, I went thorugh the SQL Anywhere Jasper slides shown in Techwave, and it is mentioned that the UltraLite Static Java API and Native UltraLite for Java will be removed from UltraLite 10. Does this mean that UltraLite 10 will not support Java-based applications? Please advise. Thanks, SL Yes, that is what it means. The techniques and approaches used for developing mobile applications are still changing rapidly, so we have to continually assess what we need to support. We found that among our customer base there was very little pickup of the Java interfaces, and dec...

Problem with creating the database of an Ultralite.NET application
Hi, I'm trying to build an Ultralite.NET application in Visual Studio with the online tutorial found in SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0. When I launch the application, I get the following error: Exception: Cannot access file 'ce_file=tutorial.udb;uid=DBA;pwd=SQL;reserve_size=Ok;ce_schema=tutorial.usm;page_size=4k' -- -n/a-sqlcode=SQLE_CANNOT_ACCESS_FILE although when I go in the File Explorer of my emulator, I can see the tutorial.usm file in the same directory where my application is located. Where is the problem? Windows CE does not have the concept of a current di...

Simulators for ASP.NET supported mobile applications
Hi everyone        From where can I download the diffrent types of simulators for ASP.NET mobile appications??       Can you anyone give some idea on this??   Thanks in advance, jashu..  please have a look at the links belowhttp://www.asp.net/mobile/device-simulators/ http://www.blackberry.com/developers/downloads/simulators/index.shtml Thanks and RegardsNimesh PrabhakarMark this post as "ANSWER", if it helped you.. hi nimeshprabhakar,  i saw this http://www.asp.net/mobile/device-simulators/ link ...

Web resources about - UltraLite ORM support in .NET windows mobile application - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

Second visa application 'likely' to be approved
The family of a terminally ill Pakistani student can 'hopefully come to Australia sooner rather than later' says Immigration Minister Peter Dutton. ...

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 37% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance, Purchase Applications Both Up in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 7.3 percent from one week ...

Lawmaker: Immigration Officials Didn’t Fully Vet Tashfeen Malik’s Visa Application
"It’s unacceptable that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services did not fully vet Malik’s application and instead sloppily approved her visa," ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush

Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released
CNN Visa application of San Bernardino shooter released CNN (CNN) The visa application of one of the San Bernardino shooters was released ...

NTU research team discovers optoelectronic application for molybdenum disulfide
A research team under the National Taiwan University (NTU) has discovered an optoelectronic application for molybdenum disulfide (MoS2), a 2-dimensional ...