UltraLite on Windows CE - Support for memory cards

Hi

(This doesn't seem a popular newsgroup, so perhaps I'll get an instant
response).

Am I right in thinking that Ultralite will not support data files stored on
PCMIA or CompactFlash cards?  Someone at Sybase UK said this was the case,
but that support would be available in the released version of UltraLite.
Could you please clarify this issue as it is of direct relevance as to
whether I use UltraLite or SQL Anywhere for CE.

Thanks.

Jeremy Sanders-Smith
Rothwell Associates

T +44(0)1279-755930
F +44(0)1279-755960
rothwell@dial.pipex.com

0
Jeremy
2/5/1999 2:30:57 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not quite instant, but not bad.
Most of the postings go to:
sybase.public.sqlanywhere.ultralite.beta

Not this news group.

Here is your answer:
Any flash cards are automatically used by WinCE for persistent data storage.
The CE version of UltraLite uses CE persistent databases for its persistent
storage so these would be saved in flash memory automatically.  Future
versions of CE UL may use files for improved performance and these too will
be saved in Flash memory by WinCE automatically.

Essentially, it is out of Ultralite hands.  CE takes care of it, so if CE
supports it, Ultralite supports it.

--
David Fishburn
Sybase

Jeremy Sanders-Smith wrote in message
<01be504b$33766900$0dd50dd5@TECRA500>...
>Hi
>
>(This doesn't seem a popular newsgroup, so perhaps I'll get an instant
>response).
>
>Am I right in thinking that Ultralite will not support data files stored on
>PCMIA or CompactFlash cards?  Someone at Sybase UK said this was the case,
>but that support would be available in the released version of UltraLite.
>Could you please clarify this issue as it is of direct relevance as to
>whether I use UltraLite or SQL Anywhere for CE.
>
>Thanks.
>

>Jeremy Sanders-Smith
>Rothwell Associates
>
>T +44(0)1279-755930
>F +44(0)1279-755960
>rothwell@dial.pipex.com

0
David
2/5/1999 6:58:31 PM
If you are interested in learning more about UltraLite Synchronization,
please join us in the Muskoka room on Thursday, February 11th at 2:00.

David Fishburn will discuss how Ultralite Synchronization allows data to be
exchanged between Corporate servers (Sybase, Oracle and Microsoft) and
Ultralite applications. Using the sample application (CustDB) that shipped
with the Ultralite beta, David will go over each of the main phases of
synchronization in order to develop a technical understanding of the
process. This will include techniques for writing synchronization scripts
for both Sybase and non-Sybase servers.

The slide presentation can be download from our beta site early next week.
Please stay tuned to:
http://sybase.com/products/ultralite/private_ul_beta/
Userid: ultralite
Password: ulbeta1201
NOTE:  An audio version of this teleseminar will be posted to our beta
website two weeks after the
presentation.

0
David