Problem with creating the database of an Ultralite.NET application

Hi,

I'm trying to build an Ultralite.NET application in Visual Studio with the
online tutorial found in SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0.
When I launch the application, I get the following error:

Exception: Cannot access file
'ce_file=tutorial.udb;uid=DBA;pwd=SQL;reserve_size=Ok;ce_schema=tutorial.usm;page_size=4k'
-- -n/a-sqlcode=SQLE_CANNOT_ACCESS_FILE

although when I go in the File Explorer of my emulator, I can see the
tutorial.usm file in the same directory where my application is located.

Where is the problem?
0
Laurent_de_Menditte
5/28/2003 5:05:13 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Windows CE does not have the concept of a current directory and the .NET
Compact Framework does not implement Assembly.Location therefore you must
hard code the complete path for both the database and the schema file.

This is an error in the tutorial which we will fix.

In the future, please post beta related questions to the beta newsgroup
ianywhere.private.sqlanywhere.banff.beta.

Thanks,
Philippe F. Bertrand
0
pfbca

Thanks for your answer

I can't find the ianywhere.private.sqlanywhere.banff.beta newsgroup in the
newsgroups list!

Laurent
0
Laurent_de_Menditte
6/2/2003 1:34:35 PM
Laurent_de_Menditte wrote in

> I can't find the ianywhere.private.sqlanywhere.banff.beta newsgroup in
> the newsgroups list!

When you signed up for the beta, you would have received an email on how
to get access to the beta newsgroup since it is a private NG.

If you can't find that email, please post.

--
David Fishburn
NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

0
David
6/2/2003 1:35:19 PM
I'm afraid I didn't have this e-mail...
0
Laurent_de_Menditte
6/2/2003 2:49:37 PM

> I'm afraid I didn't have this e-mail...

Send me an email directly and I will forward it to you.  I dont have
your email address.
0
David